Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I was just curious to see if they are selling like hot cakes or not. I get on there and check listings and am very surprised at some of the prices. Of course some are NOT selling at their ridiculous buy it now prices. I was mainly looking at the Armalite AR10T models, since I may decide to list mine there. I just don't use the 308 very often. Never was a huge fan of that cartridge.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I was just curious to see if they are selling like hot cakes or not. I get on there and check listings and am very surprised at some of the prices. Of course some are NOT selling at their ridiculous buy it now prices. I was mainly looking at the Armalite AR10T models, since I may decide to list mine there. I just don't use the 308 very often. Never was a huge fan of that cartridge.

I would hold onto it for awhile longer.. I suspect prices will be going through the roof soon. I have an AR pistol that I suspect be worth a lot more than I built it for.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ammo prices are driving gun prices down.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I would hold onto it for awhile longer.. I suspect prices will be going through the roof soon. I have an AR pistol that I suspect be worth a lot more than I built it for.

Thanks buddy. I'm not in a hurry to sell anything, just wondering if now's the time? Sounds like not quite yet. I remember back in 2008 or 2009 when guys at gunshows were carrying psa and the like AR15's and the asking prices were $3,000.00!!!!!!! Kind of pissed me off back then, but I guess that is the nature of the beast... I just switched some things around on my AR10T. Took off the gen II PRS and pulled the Griffin Armament charging handle out of it and scope and mount. She's still a sexy looking biotch:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm leaving the K2+ and the RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger....and the badd lever, since you don't see those on AR10's...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Not on GB but I did take an AR that is excess to my needs to couple of shows in my area yesterday.Just a basic 5.56 model--didn't generate much interest

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have to wonder if the market for AR's hasn't reached a saturation point.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948

Agree. There is the threat by the new administration that they are going to be taken away. I don't see it happening but it may scare away any new buyers.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by kwg020

Agree. There is the threat by the new administration that they are going to be taken away. I don't see it happening but it may scare away any new buyers.
kwg

Everybody I know that wants one has two or three at least. About the only buyers left are the kids aging in. Palmetto State Armory along cranks out parts for a couple of thousand a day. If you go to one of their stores, it's about all you can find.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just the number used on AR pistols in the Q debacle was 4 million... factor in the number of rifles and I can’t see anyone who wants one that doesn’t have 2 or 3 already.

I think parting one out would make more money right now.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
None, though I did put together a Spikes lower for a spare PSA SS upper.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

People are still buying locally - I'm seeing more rifles staying on the rack, but the rack is turning over inventory weekly.

Quality builds - Armalite, Danial Defense, BCM etc are sitting - more than they were, but they are still selling regularly.

The low end is saturated IMHO, and a few are sitting if they are a true "mix-master" of AR parts (parts bin special) - the factory M&P15, DMPS, Anderson, Ruger complete rifles are still moving, but not at panic prices, and the local stores are starting to catch up.

Until the inbound Administration make solid noise about their plans - it's slowing down on the hardware side, and accelerating on the ammo side - IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What are Mini-14s going for? Is it time to cull the herd of weaklings?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bsa,

The higher quality AR's are still mostly unobtanium in my area.

Del-Tons, Radicals, etc are still floating around.

Don't see many .308 AR's come up in the gun shops here, so I can't offer a lot of info. My LGS did have a Sig 716i that I considered on a just because basis. But, I'm not a .308 guy and finally decided I didn't need yet another caliber to support all the way down the tree of peripherals. It sat for a few days and finally got scooped up. With the Sig optic, it went for $2300+. They had another 716i that went for a little less. I just called my friend that runs the LGS and asked him what he thought your AR10T with bells and whistles you left on it would go for. He said $2000-2500.

Just for the sake of your comps, a quality name brand 5.56 AR is fetching $1800 and up here.

Hope this helps.

GLWS.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If things get nuts I may sell my ARs and get a nice bolt action lol.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ordered a Geissele Super Duty last week. Since then they’ve gone up $125 and are sold out.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What are Mini-14s going for? Is it time to cull the herd of weaklings?

A lot more than they should. If you live in a "banned" State, twice more than they should.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Now's the time to buy ARs, not get rid of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I ordered a Geissele Super Duty last week. Since then they’ve gone up $125 and are sold out.

Nice.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
bsa,

The higher quality AR's are still mostly unobtanium in my area.

Del-Tons, Radicals, etc are still floating around.

Don't see many .308 AR's come up in the gun shops here, so I can't offer a lot of info. My LGS did have a Sig 716i that I considered on a just because basis. But, I'm not a .308 guy and finally decided I didn't need yet another caliber to support all the way down the tree of peripherals. It sat for a few days and finally got scooped up. With the Sig optic, it went for $2300+. They had another 716i that went for a little less. I just called my friend that runs the LGS and asked him what he thought your AR10T with bells and whistles you left on it would go for. He said $2000-2500.

Just for the sake of your comps, a quality name brand 5.56 AR is fetching $1800 and up here.

Hope this helps.

GLWS.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the info.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just sold my Armalite AR10B less than a week ago. Since I live in MD and just did not want to deal with shipping it I advertised it on the Maryland shooters forum. Here is the description of the rifle below. My asking price was $1,700.

I offer for sale one unfired Armalite AR-10B. This rifle has been substantially modified/upgraded. The base rifle was an AR15.com SEBR (Special Edition Black Rifle). Replacements/upgrades list follows:

Trigger is a Geissele Hi-Speed National Match trigger. I chose the service rifle spring set instead of the DMR spring set because of the greater recoil from the 308 caliber. Trigger was installed by a local MD gunsmith.

https://geissele.com/hi-speed-national-match-trigger-set.html

Barrel & handguard. The barrel is a stainless 22 inch PacNor barrel with a two inch extended gas system. One in ten twist rate. The handguard is a Superior Weapons Systems 15 inch free float system. Both items were installed by Adco Firearms. They also coated the barrel black with KG coat or whatever finish they sell.

https://adcofirearms.com/

Finally I installed a Magpul PRS adjustable stock.

And then with the best of intentions to scope it up and take it to the range I put it in my safe and... life happened. I never fired it.

I am also including three new in wrapper ten round Armalite magazines with the rifle.

It took about 10 days to get an offer. We negotiated and the final sale price was $1,600.

One more data point. There is another person advertising an AR10B on MD Shooters. It's been there a while. Here is a description of his rifle:

Armalite AR-10(T), Model CBNF, 7.62 NATO, stainless barrel, 2 stage NM trigger, includes hard case, manual and one OEM Armalite 10 rd Mag. $1600

His rifle is still for sale - no takers so far. Picture of my rifle follows below for reference:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 36 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,341
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.