24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Neat video, but I ain’t all that optimistic about the odds for that particular hbird.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had two different hummingbirds fly into my garage in the past year. They don't seem very smart about getting out.
The first time I opened the overhead door and the bird would just fly around the ceiling above the door and not go out. So I shut the overhead door and opened the side door, thinking the bird would fly toward the light, but no, it just kept flying around the ceiling above the door wearing itself out. I finally tried hanging the hummingbird feeder in the doorway and that did it; the bird flew to the feeder and freedom. The wife found the second bird in the garage doing the same as the first one, it wouldn't fly out the door. Hung the feeder and out it went.
Might have been the same bird, they all look alike to me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've had two different hummingbirds fly into my garage in the past year. They don't seem very smart about getting out.
The first time I opened the overhead door and the bird would just fly around the ceiling above the door and not go out. So I shut the overhead door and opened the side door, thinking the bird would fly toward the light, but no, it just kept flying around the ceiling above the door wearing itself out. I finally tried hanging the hummingbird feeder in the doorway and that did it; the bird flew to the feeder and freedom. The wife found the second bird in the garage doing the same as the first one, it wouldn't fly out the door. Hung the feeder and out it went.
Might have been the same bird, they all look alike to me.

I think that racist...............or something like that. wink

Not only hummers, but we have others that like my shop/garage in the summer especially. Pains to get out sometimes.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"I think that racist...............or something like that."

I'm just ornithologically challenged.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steve,

Hummingbirds are a whole lot easier than LBBs (little brown birds) which are infamous in some birding circles.

Might be that bird your wife had to rescue was the same one, figured out where to get a nice meal by itself.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Steve,

Hummingbirds are a whole lot easier than LBBs (little brown birds) which are infamous in some birding circles.

Might be that bird your wife had to rescue was the same one, figured out where to get a nice meal by itself.

I never found LBB’s to be all that hard, but I can get motion sickness from staring at shorebirds so long while trying to ID.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 60 invisible), 3,134 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,190
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.