Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder why? wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good one. I needed a chuckle tonight. Thanks for posting it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
lol!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought they used Schnauzer's,

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I like it. Good one LW.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you gents got a laugh from this. So did I and at a time when a laugh was most welcome.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Very Nice. lols

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
TFF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good one. As a german national myself, I have seen "Dachshunde" (here called Teckel) of all persuations in action. I seem to recall a Kaninchenteckel, all of seven kilos all up with vest and fed, called Ivan.

Ivan, who belonged to Olaf, a two meter tall troglodyte forester, sported a most impressive case of an "enlarged sheath" underneath. Think of a sharks finn, breaking the surface only underneath that tiny teckel, catching on vines, twigs, bushes...

When hunting roe deer, you always knew where Ivan was... Yelp, Yelp, Yelp...

Painful as it was to hear and see him laboring through the bramble, ice and snow - the big hearted fellow was the best roe deer dog far and wide. He has passed, like all good dogs, to ealy, on to better hunting grounds, but I still hunt with his owner and we often think of Ivan, the bis hearted Teckel, best roe dog known, that would plow frozen ground to find them.

:-)

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ready
Good one. As a german national myself, I have seen "Dachshunde" (here called Teckel) of all persuations in action. I seem to recall a Kaninchenteckel, all of seven kilos all up with vest and fed, called Ivan.

Ivan, who belonged to Olaf, a two meter tall troglodyte forester, sported a most impressive case of an "enlarged sheath" underneath. Think of a sharks finn, breaking the surface only underneath that tiny teckel, catching on vines, twigs, bushes...

When hunting roe deer, you always knew where Ivan was... Yelp, Yelp, Yelp...

Painful as it was to hear and see him laboring through the bramble, ice and snow - the big hearted fellow was the best roe deer dog far and wide. He has passed, like all good dogs, to ealy, on to better hunting grounds, but I still hunt with his owner and we often think of Ivan, the bis hearted Teckel, best roe dog known, that would plow frozen ground to find them.

:-)

Named “furrow”?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Other than kicking French ass whenever they get bored, they very seldom won a war...but, points for trying right?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've had several dachshunds. I'm not sure they couldn't win the Iditarod, there's no quit in them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read somewhere that Alaskan Huskies have had German Shorthaired Pointer breed in to them to promote toughness and athleticism. I can’t say for sure that it’s true but I wouldn’t doubt it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I read somewhere that Alaskan Huskies have had German Shorthaired Pointer breed in to them to promote toughness and athleticism. I can’t say for sure that it’s true but I wouldn’t doubt it.

It would certainly lower the IQ!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Good one. I needed a chuckle tonight. Thanks for posting it.

This^^^^

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RandyR
I thought they used Schnauzer's,

I thought they used Dobermans.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Not if they are Alaskan Husky. Sled dog is a different breeding system.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.