Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'd just as soon enjoy home done brisket.

bri$ket

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Flemings is hard to beat .

Going to try the one in Knoxville when things slow down after the holidays.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Charcoal grill a sirloin roast someday.

A friend showed me how many years ago. He'd get a big roast about 1.5 inches thick.

Work meat tenderizer into both sides of it with a fork,,...lots of charcoal,..let it get *hot* before you put the meat on the grill. It'll dry out if the grill isn't hot enough to sear it as soon as you put it on.

Only turn it once. The timing is a bit tricky. But it's a lot better than you would expect if you hit it just right.

A few of us would get together drinking beer and he'd grill a roast. We'd eat it like cavemen. Just cut a chunk off of it and eat it,...a beer in one hand, a chunk of grilled roast in the other.

That how they do it in California with tri tip roasts. A big old oak fire with the grill about 24" above. Lots of party stores has a gaucho cooking in the parking lot. Santa Maria seasoning.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by sse
there's a regional place up north, 2 or 3 locations, established reputation, great stop off if ya got no deer

Name?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I've never had anything but a delicious ribeye at the Texas Roadhouse. They have that down.

Sometime, if I ever HAVE to go to Minneapolis, I want to check out Manny's Steak House. It's supposed to be extremely good but $pendy.

https://mannyssteakhouse.com/

***Edit***

Phucgk that! I just checked out their menu. I'm not paying $80 + for a steak when I have the best natural fed beef in my freezer! lol

LOL

Cheap bastard.

Haha..........well maybe if I'm by myself, I will. lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 1911a1
These Two steakhouses always interested me but I have never ate at them. Maybe someone on here has.

Back in 2007 Texas Monthly named Pappas Bros. Steakhouse the best in Texas. I believe there are only two so not really a chain. One in Houston and one in Dallas. They also run Pappdeaux's and Pappasitos which I have ate at and they are both pretty damn good.

I've heard Ruth's Chris adds on the radio but have never been there.

Pappas Bros. Steakhouse puts out exceptional food. My experience is in Houston on Westheimer.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Charcoal grill a sirloin roast someday.

A friend showed me how many years ago. He'd get a big roast about 1.5 inches thick.

Work meat tenderizer into both sides of it with a fork,,...lots of charcoal,..let it get *hot* before you put the meat on the grill. It'll dry out if the grill isn't hot enough to sear it as soon as you put it on.

Only turn it once. The timing is a bit tricky. But it's a lot better than you would expect if you hit it just right.

A few of us would get together drinking beer and he'd grill a roast. We'd eat it like cavemen. Just cut a chunk off of it and eat it,...a beer in one hand, a chunk of grilled roast in the other.

That how they do it in California with tri tip roasts. A big old oak fire with the grill about 24" above. Lots of party stores has a gaucho cooking in the parking lot. Santa Maria seasoning.

My times in SLO were great grilling tri-tips and Cattaneo Bros linguica.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by EdM

Brings back memories. I spent a few summers in late HS and early college in Santa Barbara (working a side job - my buddy and I worked for some lame ass dude named Tony Hawk, who he grew up with).

Anyhow, more than one trip to SLO, and more than one similar grill experiences.....

If Cali was not such a chit hole, I'd (almost) be interested in a visit to SB/SLO. Beautiful part of the state.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If you think Texas Roadhouse is good you need to get out more or stay home . I was embarrassed to take an African ph friend there. If that’s your best choice do yourself a favor and grill a prime steak at home. They shouldn’t even be able to use the word Texas. We have helluva a lot better beef in Texas than what they offer. Geez

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by duck911

I spent a few summers in late HS and early college in Santa Barbara (working a side job - my buddy and I worked for some lame ass dude named Tony Hawk, who he grew up with).

Uh huh....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Brings back memories. I spent a few summers in late HS and early college in Santa Barbara (working a side job - my buddy and I worked for some lame ass dude named Tony Hawk, who he grew up with).

Anyhow, more than one trip to SLO, and more than one similar grill experiences.....

If Cali was not such a chit hole, I'd (almost) be interested in a visit to SB/SLO. Beautiful part of the state.

Gay

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rooster7

I spent a few summers in late HS and early college in Santa Barbara (working a side job - my buddy and I worked for some lame ass dude named Tony Hawk, who he grew up with).

Uh huh....

LOL.

We worked in a dingy garage in 1992 that first summer with Tony (sometimes) and his buddy Per (more frequently) when they became "birdhouse"

My friend who knew them (Justin) knew Tony from early on in San Diego, where they were both born.

It was a fun 3 summers, from what I remember!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Gay

There is NOTHING gay about the 1992-1995 SoCal female scene getting hooked on the professional skateboarder scene.

NOTHING! hahahaha

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Skater Duck,

Does your wife tend to roll her eyes a lot when you start speaking?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by EdM

If Cali was not such a chit hole, I'd (almost) be interested in a visit to SB/SLO. .

You'd fit it like a duck on water...

...or stink on chit.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Gay

There is NOTHING gay...

"The dick doth protest too much, methinks"

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Gay

There is NOTHING gay...

"The dick doth protest too much, methinks"

Damn typos... meant duck

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
None of the brazilian steakhouses compare after you've had the real thing. Cupim is something you can't get at a fake brazilian steakhouse here.

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
anybody mention Western Sizzlin'? or Ponderosa? those are great on friday nights when the walmart crowd waddles in and starts sneezing on the salad bar. if you don't get your steak on a cafeteria tray, you're paying too much.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 160user, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,684 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.