Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
What I mean is, do you see any white people at all there??? What are the conditions there?

BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The you want to know conditions on the ENTIRE second largest continent? Perhaps refine your search a bit?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
No hanco just wanted to know if they were all here visiting to get free sh*t. ? Lol mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by cv540
The you want to know conditions on the ENTIRE second largest continent? Perhaps refine your search a bit?

What is it like where you have been? I’ve been to Mexico. It’s pretty bad if you get away from the cities.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by cv540

What is it like where you have been? I’ve been to Mexico. It’s pretty bad if you get away from the cities.

You mean, because there's Mexicans there?

IC B2

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Meskins can’t swim, ain’t none over there.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Meskins can’t swim, ain’t none over there.

You were talking about Mexico being bad, and I asked why.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Been to Zimbabwe once and South Africa twice, about 7-9 years ago. Saw lots of white people in the cities, like Johannesburg, and Bulawayo. But in countryside, in smaller villages, by far its mostly black. Didn’t play real close attention to ratio of colors as we were on safari and had more important matters.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a niece that was married to a Marxist dirt bag that dragged her to Zimbabwe so he could work with an NGO to "better" the natives.
If they were dealing with the natives one-on-one, or in small groups, they were tolerated. If they were out in crowds in public, at a government services office, market, etc., they were ignored or treated as not welcome. The blacks thought nothing of cutting in front of them in waiting lines as if they weren't there. My niece got tired of the treatment and came home. The Marxist wanted to stay in Africa so they divorced.
Other than Birdie's stories that I've read here, that's all I know of someone white choosing to live in Africa.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's plenty of white folks in South Africa and Namibia. There's also obvious tension and divisions between them and the blacks, but I never felt in danger or threatened at all.
I've also been to Egypt and there were a fair number of white folks there. Niger.......not so much.

One PH (who I did not hunt with) in South Africa was black. He seemed to be a pretty good dude, but was not invited to the dinner table in the evenings because supposedly that would then require the outfitter to allow all the black workers to come to dinner (they obviously don't see separation by status or position, like Americans generally do). I wouldn't have had any issue with them all at the dinner table, but it was obvious that the outfitter did. We were also SPECIFICALLY told not to tip the trackers or skinners (who were all black) because they had a habit of not showing up to do their work for a few days if they happened into some extra money. Instead, the outfitter collected all the tips for them and distributed it to them all at the end of the season. A guy can draw his own conclusion from that, I guess.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Stay the hell out of the townships in SA! They were rioting and had the main highway shut down outside of Plettenberg Bay when we were there in 2019. Other than that haven’t had any issues in four trips but we did hire a private driver for both of our Garden Route trips.

Last edited by CRJ1960; 11/18/20.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't know about now, but January 22nd, 1879 British General Chelmsford thought there were plenty of blacks, more than enough. 1300 British soldiers killed that day at the point of a spear.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there is Africa, and then there is AFRICA!

RSA, Namibia, and Even Zim has Whites. You can find White faces in Tanz and Kenya. That is Africa.

I've hunted Cameroon twice. That is AFRICA! Not many White faces to be seen anywhere.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
...Zimbabwe white population is 4% of total (30,000) SA white population is 8.9% of total (4,586,838) (2012 numbers)

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Are there lots of black people in Africa?

Duh, it is Africa of course there are lots of blacks

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are there a lot of Asians in Asia? grin

Are there a lot of Bolivians in Bolivia?

Are there a lot of idiots in the progessive movement?

Some questions answer themselves.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Namibia has a population of only 2.6 million people, 6% of whom are white. Its biggest challenge is AIDS- 12% of the natives are infected. The tribes I’m familiar with, the Himba and the Damara are barely out of the Stone Age. They live in huts made of sticks and mud with no plumbing or electricity. The natives who work on my PH’s ranch live like kings-,he supplies them with houses made of cinder blocks, a salary, and all their meat from game animals we shoot. Even the natives who live in stick huts have cell phones.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
One of the reasons for the number of cell phones in much of Africa (and other countries) is a lack of infrastructure such as power/phone lines strung for hundreds of miles on poles. Cell towers don't need lines, and only have to be within many miles of each other--not strung across the country.

Have seen Masai herders whip their cell phone from underneath their "toga," and also seen phone service improve enormously in rural Mexico since first visiting there 50 years ago. Same sort of deal with supposedly more civilized countries such as Norway, where stringing lines across the fjord country (some of the most rugged on earth) would be extremely expensive.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
One of the reasons for the number of cell phones in much of Africa (and other countries) is a lack of infrastructure such as power/phone lines strung for hundreds of miles on poles. Cell towers don't need lines, and only have to be within many miles of each other--not strung across the country.

Have seen Masai herders whip their cell phone from underneath their "toga," and also seen phone service improve enormously in rural Mexico since first visiting there 50 years ago. Same sort of deal with supposedly more civilized countries such as Norway, where stringing lines across the fjord country (some of the most rugged on earth) would be extremely expensive.

To expand on this theme, countrywide mass communiction was inpossible before cellualr service. the government of ALL of these subsaharan African nations strung telephone lines from one end of the their coutnry to the othe only to have the bush Africans steal the wire to make snares and other uses. No wire, not telephone. Cellular cahnged it. I had cell service in the Luangwa Valley two years ago. Unbelievable.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
Are there a lot of Asians in Asia? grin

Are there a lot of Bolivians in Bolivia?

Are there a lot of idiots in the progessive movement?

Some questions answer themselves.

Are there a lot of rump rangers in San francisco?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 2,728 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.