Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
chris57 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Is there a preferred scope mount for this rifle? I have a Leupold FX 4x28 Rimfire that I need to put on it.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have the answers to the more 'svelte' mounts for your use, but thought of running a peep on mine....

Took 2 fox squirrels ysdy with mine, but the sights from factory are very lacking....though I have made a few great shots, one well over 100 yds when a black phase Fox stopped and raised up on it's hind legs.......

Like to hear the accuracy you get once you scope it if that's what you end up doing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This request is denied.

Sorry.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I used gloss Leupold's with a gloss Leupold 2-7X rimfire scope. Looks good, shoots good.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 65BR
I don't have the answers to the more 'svelte' mounts for your use, but thought of running a peep on mine....

Took 2 fox squirrels ysdy with mine, but the sights from factory are very lacking....though I have made a few great shots, one well over 100 yds when a black phase Fox stopped and raised up on it's hind legs.......

Like to hear the accuracy you get once you scope it if that's what you end up doing.

I had one, and did put a scope on it. Good accuracy, but not great. About an inch at 50 yards, but I really didn't work that hard at it. More than anything, I felt the scope ruined a lot of the handiness that I liked about the rifle. A peep would be a better choice, or even a reflex sight. The factory front bead is very fine. I got to where I could not see it. Gave the rifle to my granddaughter.

Last edited by benchman; 11/19/20.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
huntsman22 has a Burris red dot on his BL-22 and seems to like it a lot. Maybe he'll grace us with a pic or two of it and some of its victims.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ask and ye shall receive.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by huntsman22; 11/19/20.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by chris57
Is there a preferred scope mount for this rifle? I have a Leupold FX 4x28 Rimfire that I need to put on it.

Ssh, don't tell anyone, or they will judge.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/hawke-sport-optics-2pc-1in-9-11mm-high-2in-extension-rings.html

May be too high for your scope, dunno.

Last edited by auk1124; 11/19/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The BL-22 is such a trim rifle that it is easy to overwhelm the little .22 with optics. And that receiver is short. If you're going to scope it, a trim 4x as mentioned would be a good choice, but maybe an older 7/8 tube rimfire scope would be a better fit.

I purchased a new BL-22 this summer. I can't use traditional iron sights well at all, so took a gamble and ordered a Skinner peep sight (he makes one specifically for the BL-22) and the Skinner 0.600" front post, intending to file it down if necessary. If wasn't, I quickly got it sighted in with the 0.600" post without having to raise the peep much at all. I couldn't be happier with the rifle. It is super handy for a walk around the farm, light and slim and easy to carry. And with those sights I can hit just about anything out to as far as I care to shoot, 50 yards or so. At 40 yards, I can make empty 12 gauge shells jump around all day. I am going to order the Skinner sight paint and try first white on the post, then orange, to see which is better in dimmer light. I screwed the insert out of the aperture and am using it as a ghost ring. I did use the insert for sighting in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've thought about the Skinner set up, almost bought a Burris Fastfire 3 moa when Academy had them for 150......

My brother had a jeweler put a new bead made of real gold in his....REALLY stands out, my black front bead SUCKS.......terrible sights that Browning has on this model.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with you on the factory opens on the BL-22. For very young eyes, I think they allow very fine sighting, but I just couldn't see that tiny front bead in that tiny notch against anything but a white background. But I am absolutely satisfied with the Skinner set up, though I want to make the front blade more visible against a dark background. Still, as is, it is a hitting combination. Friend and I, after bird hunting last month, went to work on the smaller branches of a dead ash tree at 25 yards or so. If was so fun clipping off those finger size twigs 2" at a time that we used up a box of 100 shells and would have kept on if we had more ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pitiful given Browning prices, the sights are not better, and the triggers.......the accuracy potential is there.......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I sold my other SA-22 when leaving Montana and I included the Skinner sight I installed on it.

I recently stumbled into another one for a decent price and I will definitely be ordering another Skinner. They are great sights and deadly, deadly, deadly in the gopher fields.

I'm also half considering sending it to Dennis Olson for some custom wood. But that conversation is probably best left to another thread. LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 300_savage
I agree with you on the factory opens on the BL-22. For very young eyes, I think they allow very fine sighting, but I just couldn't see that tiny front bead in that tiny notch against anything but a white background. But I am absolutely satisfied with the Skinner set up, though I want to make the front blade more visible against a dark background. Still, as is, it is a hitting combination. Friend and I, after bird hunting last month, went to work on the smaller branches of a dead ash tree at 25 yards or so. If was so fun clipping off those finger size twigs 2" at a time that we used up a box of 100 shells and would have kept on if we had more ammo.

I need to order one for my BL also.

Can't say enough good about them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You won't regret it. On my BL-22, the 0.600 post was perfect. Took a file to the range, didn't need it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 300_savage
You won't regret it. On my BL-22, the 0.600 post was perfect. Took a file to the range, didn't need it.

Mine is the micro.

I'll have to call and ask before I order.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 65BR
Pitiful given Browning prices, the sights are not better, and the triggers.......the accuracy potential is there.......

You're out of your mind.

If you want something cheaper buy a Henry.

Browning's are worth every cent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never thought the Henry sights sucked any better than the Browning....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i put a peep off of a ruger mini 30 on my sons then he wanted a scope so i used some burris sig zee 1" rings with a leupy 2-7 scope.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
C
chris57 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I bought Leupold 3/8" - 1" rings and I'm putting a Leupold FX 4x28 Rimfire scope on it. If this doesn't pan out I'm going to try the Skinner set up. Thank you all for the input!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (12344mag, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 26 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,277
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.