Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
2020 sucks
My Aunt died from Covid last Thursday. A buddy Tim and me Left for a hunting trip on Friday. On Saturday, my buddy’s brother (Jason) has minor back surgery. On Monday evening Tim gets a call that his brothers wife found Jason dead. Not sure of the cause at this point. 53 y/o Chiropractor. All American Wrestler at D1 school. Had a few extra pounds on him but he still worked out and never had any major problems. Jason lived in a southern state away from us. My buddy decided we’d pack up the following day and head home wednesday morning as there wasn’t anything he could do by rushing home Tuesday. Tuesday we head off into the woods for an afternoon hunt. I wanted Tim to have some alone time so I split off from him and hunted a different spot. It wasn’t so much to hunt but just sit in the woods and think. Snow was falling and The wind was still. It felt good to just be outside and remember old times. Had a deer wander in and the mind wanders. Did Jason send that deer for a reason or was it just dumb luck. I decided that tenderloins and heart would make a fitting tribute and maybe she’d some sunshine on a couple bad days. Used a 6.5 grendel that I built but hadn’t killed anything with and dropped the deer where it stood. Tim sent me a text after the shot. He was excited. We dragged the deer out and finally got it hanging after dark at camp. Had a dinner and some whiskey, laughed, cried, talked about mortality and how bad 2020 sucked. Fast forward to the next morning. It got way colder than we expected. Froze the deer solid. Had to bring it in the house to warm it enough to cut up and bring home. In a careless manner I was cutting up the half frozen deer when it pulled thru the hind quarter and into my leg. WTF!! Bleeding thru my jeans, I finished butchering since they were keeping pressure on the wound better than I could with my hand. When I finally got Up, I cleaned up and did some first aid while Tim tried to pack the truck. I helped where I could but I was hobbled pretty bad. Finally made it to a backwater hospital that luckily is near a military base. Got worked on by a retired Army Capt nurse that was assigned to spec ops. I couldn’t get a direct answer but I put the puzzle pieces together and believe The physicians assistant was a retired SEAL. Cleaned out the wound. Stitched me up and put me on meds. 7 painful hr ride home cramped up in a truck trying to get comfortable. Slept good and woke up at 5. Lit the stove and made a cup of coffee so things are looking better today than they have in the last week. 2020 sucks. Be careful out there

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last night

24 hrs after stabbing myself

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Keep your head up. We're about to turn the corner.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
2021 is going to be worse.

Hope your overall situation improves.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Keep on the sunny side always on the sunny side.....

Anyway....sorry about all that.

Speaking of nutsacks.....I was at a CPR refresher last night for the Ambulance.

Blew the zipper out of my pants.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Keep your head up. We're about to turn the corner.

^^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
This has been a trying year!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hunter 4623 , get well and sorry to hear about Tims brother - wow what a shock .
Lost my younger brother 20 months ago not long after a major back surgery .

Better luck in the coming days .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry about the bad news but at least your knives are sharp, your grendel works, and those retired military people came through for you.

Good luck and better times in 2021.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks guys. Well wishes to everyone in the upcoming holiday season

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.