Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Les Stroud (Survivorman) went on a long quest to see and film one. He has some absolutely believable footage of one watching him from quite nearby. That footage is enough to make one a believer - unless it was an exceptional makeup job.

If you care to watch some of the episodes - some not broadcast - go HERE

If you're referring to the clear shot of the head of a Sasquatch peeking out from behind some trees, that was Todd Standings footage that Les showed on the show I believe.

Todd Standing is a well known hoaxer but he does have one particular video of something big getting up from a cliff above where he was standing and taking off up the mountain side on 2 legs with strides that make you scratch your head a little bit on how he pulled that one off.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I used to think it was possible. G&F in ND denied the existence of mountain lions for an awfully long time until trail cams and eventually carcasses meant they no longer could. Between trail cams, cell-phone cameras/video, phone-skope to roll footage through spotters, and the ever increasing number of folks filming their hunts either for themselves, TV, or some sort of social media channel, my ability to believe there is such a thing has shrunken to nil.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only if he brings presents......

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"Believe in" ... no. Stronger that that. I **know** they exist. I've seen two, in person, one in about 1976, the other in 2013. The first was near dusk but it was not dark. I watched it for at least 3-5 minutes. The second was in bright sun, mid morning, probably 100 feet, no obstructions. Zero room for doubt. That's like still questioning whether the earth is round or flat.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kolofardos
He's a guide in BC, posts some great hunting vids, and he's convinced:

kolofarados;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the week's been a good one for you all so far and that you folks are doing as well as possible what with all the morass that this year has turned into.

It's interesting whenever this topic comes up and someone mentions Steve since the circle that some of us run in tends to be smaller than one initially might imagine.

All that to say that I know a chap from the Island who is friends with Steve and has the highest respect for him. I believe I might have met him at a BCWF sheep meeting once in the early '90's, but can't say for sure now and it would have been only a short conversation of no importance if we did meet.

This topic has come up on huntingbc a few times and I recall Steve's responses there as well - which is to say he's always been up front about saying what he has seen.

We're not nearly as thick and wet here as you all are on the coast range and in a lifetime of being in the mountains behind the house for portions of 9 months a year - on horseback chasing cows, firewood cutting, scouting, hunting, camping etc. - I've seen a grand total of one cougar. We've cut their tracks only a few times on top of that and found one deer kill.

One might conclude from the lack of sightings that there aren't many around, but one would not be correct in that conclusion. I was just listening to the preliminary report on the Southern Interior Mule Deer study yesterday, which is 2 years in now - and out of 60 collared adult doe mortalities in my hunting area, 38 were caused by cougars.

From that I'll say there's either one or two that are highly efficient and incredibly hungry or there's more than we normally see.

What that all has to do with Sasquatch is that in the coastal rain forest that I've hunted Columbia and Sitka Blacktails in, there were lots of spots I really couldn't see much beyond a matter of feet, certainly not yards.

The big issue for me personally in rationalizing a physical being that large existing is that they'd require a fair bit of nutrient intake in order to survive, you know? So like the unseen local cougars, they're either eating a pile of deer or elk or just ferns there in the valley bottoms?

They'd take a bunch of food in order to survive anyways, correct?

Well that is unless xxclaro is correct and they're interdimensional beings of a metaphysical nature which we're not able to intelligently categorize given our current lack of scientific knowledge in that particular realm. wink

Then we're back at the witch thread again one supposes, you know?

Anyways, I'll say this about Steve, he can certainly kill more big coastal Blacktails than anyone I've heard of. My goodness he's got some absolute toads for that part of the world! cool

In summary, speaking personally sir, I've yet to see anything resembling a Sasquatch and honestly hope never to. Just because I've never seen "it" doesn't mean that "it" doesn't exist, but the food issue is a stumbling block for me personally to wrap my head around them being an existing physical creature.

All the best to you all as we attempt to survive another dark, wet BC winter sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
TOM. Why didn’t you take a cell video or pic in 2013? That’s a serious question not a call out

I do not believe in Sasquatch. In today’s time of go pro, cell cameras, high end trail cameras and DSLR cameras that have Hubble telescopes attached to them I cannot fathom that as many people hunt, fish, bike, and hike that no one has produced indisputable evidence. People always have their phone with them it seems.

The giant squid and octopus both gave us physical evidence long before we could get video or live specimens by washing up on shore or pieces of them in nets. Not a good analogy. Bigfoot leaves nothing. Not even fossils or bones

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by kevinJ
TOM. Why didn’t you take a cell video or pic in 2013? That’s a serious question not a call out

I do not believe in Sasquatch. In today’s time of go pro, cell cameras, high end trail cameras and DSLR cameras that have Hubble telescopes attached to them I cannot fathom that as many people hunt, fish, bike, and hike that no one has produced indisputable evidence. People always have their phone with them it seems.

The giant squid and octopus both gave us physical evidence long before we could get video or live specimens by washing up on shore or pieces of them in nets. Not a good analogy. Bigfoot leaves nothing. Not even fossils or bones

I honestly don’t want to get into a pissing match, but to my understanding, there is/are blood and hair samples that have provided solid DNA proof of an animal that is neither Ape nor Human. Though very close to both. “Unknown Species”. If that isn’t fact, someone feel free to correct me. But if so, that is indeed “something”.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I'm open to the idea. Just to many viewings, and tracks and such to explain away if there's nothing out there. Some things can't be faked like footprints, with skin swirls. More than a few scientists are having a hard time explaining some of this away. Some of the viewers have been credible witnesses. I'm open to explanations of all this "evidence" . If it can be explained away, fine. If not... I don't want to toss it out with out an explanation. One thing is for sure, the people who have seen "things" certainly believe it. And, no, I haven't seen anything, including things I hunt for frequently. Certainly some of the people who have seen "something" haven't done their business any good, so it's not enhancing to your reputation. People are taking a serious risk to admit they've seen something.

If the track is that plain, where is the hair caught on a protruding branch? Where is the scat? Anything containing DNA?

It is all fools and hoaxes. Thousands and thousands of sightings, hundreds of footprints, but never a trace of anything containing DNA.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by T_O_M
"Believe in" ... no. Stronger that that. I **know** they exist. I've seen two, in person, one in about 1976, the other in 2013. The first was near dusk but it was not dark. I watched it for at least 3-5 minutes. The second was in bright sun, mid morning, probably 100 feet, no obstructions. Zero room for doubt. That's like still questioning whether the earth is round or flat.

Tom

Tom, I have no reason to doubt you. There is no need for you to prove it, as you know it. You are either lucky or unlucky..

Last edited by remaction; 11/20/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Hell yes!

I dated a couple of them......I'm glad I quit drinking..........

I never went to bed with an ugly woman but did wake up with them

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by slumlord
Theys this guy with a trail cam on our place

He getting ready to see a ‘sasquatch lite’ walk passed his viewfinder.

yee yee !!!

Saskuatch gonna let loose the python and piss all around that trail cam?

And then turn around and drop a five pound deuce right on his trail in?

He'd have pics to write home about.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They found one of Serena Williams tampons in the woods. And gathered DNA from it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
They found one of Serena Williams tampons in the woods. And gathered DNA from it.

What would be scarier?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
But seriously, I saw a program where some in BC or somewhere was getting his remote cabin trashed. Presumably by Grizz, so he set it up with bear defense type stuff like placemats with screws/nails up through the bottom of it. Hair and blood was in fact collected from it. Samples were DNA tested at NYU, results were as I stated. “Unknown Species”. Not bear. Not ape. Not human. No match. If the program wasn’t BS. It didn’t appear to be.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Every now and then one moves into the woodshed at our hunting camp. Kind off cute if you don't startle them, and really do a job keeping the mice under control. Really stand out when thier coat goes white before there's snow.

Oh, wait a minute, those are weasels! I believe in weasels!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No I don't believe.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by kevinJ

I honestly don’t want to get into a pissing match, but to my understanding, there is/are blood and hair samples that have provided solid DNA proof of an animal that is neither Ape nor Human. Though very close to both. “Unknown Species”. If that isn’t fact, someone feel free to correct me. But if so, that is indeed “something”.

Google quickly takes one to an Oxford study done in 2014. Analysis was done on 37 samples of yeti/sasquatch/Bigfoot hair collected from around the globe over the last fifty years.

From my reading of the abstract, every sample was identified as human, ungulate, polar bear, or black bear.

There were many more than 37 samples available of claimed sasquatch hair samples. But examination proved the others to be composed purely of plant material.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Every now and then one moves into the woodshed at our hunting camp. Kind off cute if you don't startle them, and really do a job keeping the mice under control. Really stand out when thier coat goes white before there's snow.

Oh, wait a minute, those are weasels! I believe in weasels!

Dang it! Stupid weasels are attention whores! grin

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here in Eastern AZ we have a pygmy species of the Sasquatch. Theyre green and blend in perfectly with the green ferns in the summer, so much you can walk right up on them before they run like hell but theyre heads seldom clear the top of the ferns. In the winter they hibernate so cant find them then. The olders used to call them Chango Verde or Green Monkeys. heard them called Mountain Monkeys and The Littles. They are not alien. Harmless though.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jeeper
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
No.

Come to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and have a look see.

Got a few on the west side of the river too.

Port Allen and particularly New Roads. Throw in Erwinville while we’re at it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 69 invisible), 3,056 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.