Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
From the Federalist

Large Mask Study Shows Masks Not Effective vs Wuhan Virus

And yet more & more states are jumping on the bandwagon as lockdowns increase & become more draconian...........................in BLUE states, mostly. Can you say "control the sheeple" ?

MM

Major Study Finds Masks Don’t Reduce COVID-19 Infection Rates
NOVEMBER 18, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

A high-quality, large-scale Danish study finds no evidence that wearing a face mask significantly minimizes people’s risk of contracting COVID-19. The randomized-control trial found no statistically significant difference in coronavirus infection rates between mask-wearers and non-mask-wearers. In fact, according to the data, mask usage may actually increase the likelihood of infection.

“The recommendation to wear surgical masks to supplement other public health measures did not reduce the SARS-CoV-2 infection rate among wearers by more than 50% in a community with modest infection rates, some degree of social distancing, and uncommon general mask use,” the authors summarized their results.

While mask-wearing has been advertised by health officials all around the world, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the Danish researchers found that there was no statistically significant difference between wearing a mask or not in preventing people from contracting COVID-19.

“In the third post hoc analysis, which investigated constellations of patient characteristics, we did not find a subgroup where face masks were effective at conventional levels of statistical significance,” researchers found.

The randomized-control trial, which is considered the “gold-standard” design for scientific research, had a large sample size of more than 6,000 people. Most studies conducted on various kinds of face masks against various coronaviruses are neither randomized, controlled trials nor conducted regarding the specific SARS-CoV-2 virus currently affecting the world.

This clinical trial was conducted from April through June in Denmark, a largely unmasked area with government recommendations only to social distance and wash hands frequently as the country began to reopen in May. Roughly half of the 6,024 participants, 4,862 of whom completed the study, were randomly assigned to wear surgical masks “outside the home among other persons together” while the other half continued to operate in public without a mask.

After a month, 42 of the mask-wearers in the study (1.8 percent) were infected with the virus while 53 of the non-mask-wearers (2.1. percent) were infected with the virus. Statistically, this is not a significant difference between the two groups, suggesting these infection differences were a product of chance, say the study authors.

“The between-group difference was −0.3 percentage point (95% CI, −1.2 to 0.4 percentage point; P = 0.38) (odds ratio, 0.82 [CI, 0.54 to 1.23]; P = 0.33). Multiple imputation accounting for loss to follow-up yielded similar results,” the study states. “Although the difference observed was not statistically significant, the 95% CIs are compatible with a 46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection.”

Some have noted Denmark’s population at the time of the study was less than 2 percent infected, participants were in charge of reporting their own COVID-19 tests, and other limitations. Dr. Christine Laine, editor-in-chief of the Annals of Internal Medicine, where the study is published, told The New York Times the research shows masks “are not a magic bullet.” In an article, Laine and other editors defended the journal’s decision to publish the study despite pushback.

“More irresponsible would be to not publish the results of carefully designed research because the findings were not as favorable or definitive as some may have hoped,” they wrote.

The mask study one of the largest of its kind ever completed.

“These findings do offer evidence about the degree of protection mask wearers can anticipate in a setting where others are not wearing masks and where other public health measures, including social distancing, are in effect,” the study states, noting that the trial “did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection.”

Jordan Davidson is a staff writer at The Federalist. She graduated from Baylor University where she majored in political science and minored in journalism.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They did a military study on lockdowns and mask use.

Even with military discipline it didn't stop the spread of virus.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There has to have been more than a dozen “studies “ posted here about masks and the yes they do, no they don’t reasons for them.

Still, many businesses require them to enter and the new lockdowns will only cause more wearing of them.

Louisiana area bars are being ordered to close. Restaurants next, I’d suppose.

Therefore,,,I’m going to Dragos in Metairie, Louisiana this very afternoon and shovel a few dozen of their charcoal broiled Louisiana oysters down my neck along with a giant lump crabmeat salad. Then take the Ponchartrain Causeway back to home.

Life is still good, y’all.

The Tootster

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In this 3 minute video a doctor demonstrates that masks don't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkdTyZ9xd_g&t=11s

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's all about particle size and bypass. Physics prevails.
Even if the mask were to trap droplets containing COVID, they would soon dry and the virus would be released as a smaller particle which is more subject to Brownian motion and will remain airborne much longer. We are better off letting the droplets fall to the floor.

Last edited by 280shooter; 11/19/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s patriotic! 🇨🇳

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 280shooter

That’s about it in total.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Actually, it's all about control................

No one with a single living brain cell could doubt the physics.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Actually, it's all about control................

No one with a single living brain cell could doubt the physics.

MM

True.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My boss's wife got the Kung Flu from a coworker. Masks are mandatory at her workplace, soooo...

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
But all the state guv's are using it as a lever on the businesses such that unless they require patrons to wear one to shop, by threatening loss of business license.

The Demons evil & hypocrisy know no bounds.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone is wearing masks and have been for quite some time. Let's try those rubber wristbands.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Who doesn't love going to a place like Chipotle and watching some democrat voter behind the counter, finger fuq his / her mask to death while constructing your burrito.

Yum, yum.

Last edited by copperking81; 11/19/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by copperking81
Who doesn't love going to a place like Chipotle and watching some democrat voter behind the counter, finger fuq his / her mask to death while constructing your burrito.

Yum, yum.

Every restaurant. Masks and shutdowns is all about control. They don't give a flying f*ck about our safety

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
11 cent Chinese paper masks don't stop a virus spread by oral and fecal transmission

People still dont wash their hands enough during flu season and continue to live on highly refined high carb diets

Last edited by ribka; 11/19/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have always been wary of elevator buttons, cooler doors, shopping carts, and restrooms. Not over covud, but in general.
I prefer the restrooms with a baffle instead of door, I dont have to touch anything but my zipper. I do feel for women. Ever notice how many urinals have a dribble spot in front? Stand straddle and let someone else pull the handle if it is not an electronic eye

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kennyd
I have always been wary of elevator buttons, cooler doors, shopping carts, and restrooms. Not over covud, but in general.
I prefer the restrooms with a baffle instead of door, I dont have to touch anything but my zipper. I do feel for women. Ever notice how many urinals have a dribble spot in front? Stand straddle and let someone else pull the handle if it is not an electronic eye

I try and avoid public restrooms during flu season. All of that high viral load fecal matter floating around in the air

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
But all the state guv's are using it as a lever on the businesses such that unless they require patrons to wear one to shop, by threatening loss of business license.

The Demons evil & hypocrisy know no bounds.

MM

This is the basic problem with everything government and COVID

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ribka
11 cent Chinese paper masks don't stop a virus spread by oral and fecal transmission

People still dont wash their hands enough during flu season and continue to live on highly refined high carb diets

Fecal transmission, eh?

The way scchitt is thrown around here at The Campfire we should all be infected .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,340 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.