W
Young Trudeau may as well build wall.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
But but but... the Big Scary Virus is running loose!

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Supposed to go fishing in June, thoughts on the border by then?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Trudeau will have the barbed wire and gunpowder up tO stop the spread of Virus by then.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
They are locking us down tight again. Im starting to worry about our 21 season now. seems like theres no end in sight.

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Talk, talk, blah blah...I wish the cousins would actually close the border...and quit dumping their cheapass govt subsidy crown timber down here.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
So is border closed for certain travel or?

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My hydro bill came right on schedule.
laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Young Trudeau may as well build wall.

Perhaps he will. laugh The decision to remain closed was renewed by both Canada and the US however. It is a mutual agreement.

While I normally wouldn't object to anti-Trudeau posts, the Trump government agreed, so it isn't just Justin. It was a joint decision. Perhaps the US even proposed the extension. Who knows?

Don't shoot the messenger. This was posted in the Toronto Star.

Canada-U.S. land-border closure has been extended to Dec. 21
By Tonda MacCharles - Ottawa Bureau

Wed., Nov. 18, 2020
Article was updated 7 hrs ago

OTTAWA—Canada and the United States will extend COVID-19 restrictions on non-essential cross-border travel for at least another month, to Dec. 21, the Star has learned.

A senior Canadian government official told the Star the agreement initially reached in March with the U.S. administration of President Donald Trump has been renewed, by mutual agreement, for another 30 days, with no end date set.

The deal allows the north and south flow at land crossings of essential workers, like health-care professionals or truckers carrying goods, but it puts restrictions on non-essential travellers.

Canada has tweaked its limits on non-essential travel to make it easier for international students, couples and those with a dying relative to enter, however they are still subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine order.

Although the U.S. election this month saw Joe Biden named president-elect with a vow to crack down on the spread of the coronavirus south of the border, COVID-19 continues to ravage America.

And public opinion polls show most Canadians do not want the border reopened at this stage.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urged Canadians to avoid wintertime “snowbird” travel south.

“Canada’s official travel advisory is that all Canadians should avoid international travel. The pandemic continues to cause significant challenges around the world including in the southern United States and people are safest when they stay at home in Canada,” he told reporters.

“Obviously if people do choose to go, that is their choice but they need to make sure that they have good health insurance, good travel insurance, also that they make sure that wherever they’re going there is sufficient health care capacity, that it is not busy and beginning to get overwhelmed if something goes wrong. But that’s why as a government we recommend people not travel internationally while this pandemic is going on.”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fe...closure-has-been-extended-to-dec-21.html

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
For sure Steve, the Us is just as much worried about the virus spread, and with good cause perhaps.

Call it cabin fever. laugh

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by kk alaska

I believe all non essential travel is banned. I do know the Yukon Govt. decided last week not to allow Alaskan snowbirds to travel through Yukon en-route to southern climes...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Travel is a tricky point, even within my province ,it is highly discouraged. I was going to take the wife over to Vancouver Island for some storm watching. Waves pounding in from the open Pacific can be pretty impressive. The small communities have said they don't want visitors. So I took my hunting camper off the truck. It's classed as a car for ferry fees. The trailer on the other hand, ouch. Yesterday our new case count was 762, a record. .

Last edited by downwindtracker2; 11/19/20.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by yukon254
Originally Posted by kk alaska

I believe all non essential travel is banned. I do know the Yukon Govt. decided last week not to allow Alaskan snowbirds to travel through Yukon en-route to southern climes...

Strangely enough air travel is not shut down. Flights into and out of Canada restricted to 4 airports. Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal

Did Silver ( well Hanley really) actually stop Alaskans from traveling through the territory?

Last edited by Lorne; 11/19/20.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Yes they did stop Alaskan snowbirds from coming through with their motor homes. The Alaskan governor intervened on their behalf but was denied. Essential travel like military people are still allowed through but they are getting harassed by locals more and more it seems. Kind of funny, there was a story in the paper recently about Canadian snowbirds going to Florida and apparently they are allowed to do so. Some friends of ours from Calgary have a house in AZ and they went south about a month ago and no problems.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Students are being allowed to drive through headed south.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you look up the restrictions, Alaskans can drive through Yukon and BC. But it has to be a direct route. and it's time sensitive .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's going on with the people that live in the Northwest Angle is crazy.
The Canadian snow birds are pouring across the border headed for Florida and other southern states but the Americans living in the NWA can't even get their medicines or supplies. The Minnesota and US governments have totally ignored their plight. Manitoba doesn't give a chit.
Lake of the Woods is icing over now so boat travel to mainland Minnesota isn't possible until it freezes enough to drive on.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hey, but it's OK to fly into Canada from anywhere. No quarantine required. Apparently, it has been decided, airports are sterile and a virus cannot be transmitted on a plane. Meanwhile, residents of Horsefly, BC can't gather in the community hall without masking up and staying well apart. We are being manipulated by a bunch of urban-dwelling, pseudo-intellectual idiots. GD

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
For Alaskans using the road that we help pay for and maintain, but have no say in travel is upsetting!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greydog, I think those who fly in have to quarantine for 14 days. How strict and careful can be questioned. In our area ,we have community spread , at that stage the only way is more restrictions.

From what I understand you can drive through, you can not tourist. .

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
672 members (16Racing, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 75 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.