Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Matthew McConaughey said on Tuesday that he would consider trying his hand at a career in politics by running for Governor of Texas.

The Texas native sat down with Hugh Hewitt on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" for an interview about "Greenlights," his best-selling book.

"I don’t know. I mean, that wouldn’t be up to me. It would be up to the people more than it would me," McConaughey told Hewitt. "I would say this: Look, politics seems to be a broken business to me right now. And when politics redefines its purpose, I could be a hell of a lot more interested."

McConaughey talked about his goals and ideas concerning American politics, saying, "I want to get behind personal values to rebind our social contracts with each other as Americans, as people again."

The actor also discussed the recent presidential election and former Vice President Joe Biden's win over President Donald Trump.

"Coming out of the election right now, we’ve got to stabilize," McConaughey said. "This country’s got to stabilize first before we start to say, 'OK, here’s how we’re marching out of this together forward.'"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Sounds like he has it down. A whole lot of talking where he basically didn’t say anything.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I can't imagine him actually being a serious contender

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
First off, Biden didnt win the election.
If he does prevail, it will be because he got away with stealing, just as he has been doing for decades.
There is no coming together here with the liberal adjenda if we wish to keep our freedom.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m sure he would be brilliant. Not

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like a Biden bitch.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Just what we need, another Hollywood Left wing nut in politics.

Besides that, if his appearance is any indication, he has gone queer as hell.

MM has been a waste of skin since he accepted the role in Dallas Buyers Club.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Another one that thinks just because they speak in euphemisms (rebind our social contracts with each other), that they are really the one to fix things, when they haven't got a clue about what is going on. Sometimes wonder if they could tell you in which direction the sun comes up.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hollywood type - yeah he'd be great for the communist party ,, and yeah I bet the younger crowd would love to vote for him .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Hollywood type - yeah he'd be great for the communist party ,, and yeah I bet the younger crowd would love to vote for him .

Me ex-wife would.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't imagine him actually being a serious contender

All he needs is the right software.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
the Lt Gov of texas should run for Gov

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never underestimate pretty.
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
But didn't we recently elect a reality TV personality and tout him as the savior of the nation? The bar has been set pretty low. If you can log on to Twitter and say stupid stuff, you're qualified to run for public office; at any level.
On another front, I just saw Joe Biden on TV. The guy is so pale, he looks like he's been dusted with flour. He should see about borrowing some of Trump's spray tan. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally I’ve never cared much for the idiot. I will say he did a good job in True Detective but that was because of the other cast members. All his other work has been hoakey.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A monumental ego living in a fantasy world.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know his politics.
Do know he generally keeps his family out of California and in Texas when possible, But in Austin lakefront property.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stick to movies, dude.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdunham
Sounds like he has it down. A whole lot of talking where he basically didn’t say anything.

You ain't kidding! Psychobabble and drivel to the max.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1.) Read an article not long ago, in which said actor was calling out the hypocrisy of friends of his who, in public, seemingly disavowed God but with whom he reports having prayed over dinner with the same persons. Doesn’t prove he’s a conservative, but does speak to some values and some spine for speaking out like that.

2.) As the framers intended, we want persons throwing their hat in the ring coming from regular America, not the self-serving invented political class. Granted, in this case the entertainment industry, so hard to read real merit there, but who knows.

3.) Some of his acting i’ve found interesting, while more of it was flat and uninspiring. He hucks Lincolns on tv with nary a word, just “coolness”, whereas at least Reagan was a prolific pitchman become conservative orator following a less successful movie career. Hard to draw much, but for certain Reagan having bloomed into a leader and conservative icon.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 77 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.