Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
How often do you drink? Do you ever take a break of a week or more, completely on the wagon so to speak?
You could answer,everyday,only on weekends,or only on special occasions.

I've never been an every day drinker but I must admit I have drank more this year than ever before. I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel if I drink every day. It doesn't take many days of just one or two drinks a day to feel more run down with less energy for me. Conversely,after 3 or 4 days without any alcohol,I start having more energy and just one drink every few days seems to have a much more desirable effect.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 11/19/20.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I felt better when I drank now and then.

But getting hammered, or drinking a few eveey day, wasnt my thing.

I know people that do a case of beer, a day.

Last edited by hookeye; 11/19/20.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a drink 5-6 days a week, one each evening. Occasionally, 4-5 times a year, I’ll have 2-3 drinks at a setting, with friends. And then there are times when I won’t drink a drop for a week or two. I don’t feel any different whether I drink in moderation, or not at all.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If bud and I buck out this weekend there will be celebration.
My Double Crooked Tree is over 2 yrs old.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I might have a drink every day for a week and then go 6 months with zero.

It really is random for me.

Multiple day drinks in moderation feel exactly the same to me as days I don't drink.

I don't drink to "fall down drunk" basically ever.

Me

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If bud and I buck out this weekend there will be celebration.
My Double Crooked Tree is over 2 yrs old.
Its the newer 12% though

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here in W. TX I'll only have 1-3 drinks a month. When I'm in Dallas, I'll have a Scotch or 2 almost every night.

Probably because:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/19/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like good scotch, rum, bourbon. Maybe once or twice a week. I often forget to drink for a few weeks. Never been a challenge for me.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
3 beers on the weeknights. Some weekends more some weekends nothing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gramps had a doctor's prescription for a shot of Kesslers whisky every day and he lived well into his 90's. Dad had a saying that one drink is good for you, two isn't necessary and three is poison. The wife's first husband drank himself into an early grave because it took out his liver. I can take it or leave it and most of the time I leave it. If I'd have been a drinker, I'd never have gotten a second date because the wife sees booze the same way that I do. I've seen it bring down a lot of successful people.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Pretty much drank every day four- five beers a day up until two months ago I’ve been taking five days off a week and I feel great, But sometimes I overdo it on the two days I do drink trying to control that next.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I know people that do a case of beer, a day.

that's too much, eh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
How often do you drink? Do you ever take a break of a week or more, completely on the wagon so to speak?

I've never been an every day drinker but I must admit I have drank more this year than ever before. I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel if I drink every day. It doesn't take many days of just one or two drinks a day to feel more run down with less energy for me. Conversely,after 3 or 4 days without any alcohol,I start having more energy and just one drink every few days seems to have a much more desirable effect.

Wait till you hit your 60th birthday, each year your ETOH tolerance diminishes.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You sound like a f a g.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I drank a lot in college for about 6 years...Im talking fall down drunk for 3 sometimes 5 nights a week. Felt like crud too most the time...About the time I hit 25, I was just tired of drinking. Tired of how it made me feel and the toll it took on personal relationships...I took a real long break of hardly drinking at all for a few years...Now I might drink a couple to 4 beers a month. Ever once in about 5 months I might go out with friends and drink until im drunk, but always regret it the next day...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 11/19/20.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
my step mother drank two cases of beer a day.. and could cook a christmas dinner to die for......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was an everyday drinker, basically drunk every night. I no longer drink and I feel so much better I can't even begin to explain it. It took me a long time to realize that I liked alcohol too much for my own good.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Came from a long line of alcoholics so am always cautious. Never liked the taste of beer till I was in mid 30’s. I really like to have a cold draft when eating dinner out but only do on occasion. I guess if I average it out over a 1 year span I’ll have 10-12 drinks. If alcohol disappeared tomorrow I wouldn’t miss it in any form. One or two sips and I can feel the effects of a beer.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Depends on many factors. Some times 7 days a week some times a few times a month. Never in excess and I lift weights or run 4-6 days a week.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Steak and bloody marys this Sunday for dinner.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

337 members (1lesfox, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,643
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.