Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good to hear.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimone
My kidney is still doing great, Just talked to it's host, he's doing good too.

As donor the first couple weeks sucked, about 6 months to get back to the missionary position.

Sucks the life out of your hematocrit and your iron.

The let the wife go home with an HCT of 22, she was weak as hell.

My HCT was 28 few days after, and I was blacking out when they tried to drag me down the hall for a walk. I begged those bastids to give me a couple units of blood. The weekend doctor gave me 2 units of blood and a cold bag of plasma. It helped *some*

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Wish her well on her recovery and health.

From the outside looking in seeing what slumlord has been thru and continually deals with , and his wife immediately after donating having some pretty serious problems

I would not wish kidney problems and all associated with it on anyone.

When we gonna get constitutional carry like Kentucky?
Is it even on the burner at state level.
Is the precise wording of the 2nd amendment in our state constitution also.
It needs to be if not so.

Never knew you were heavily involved in gun rights in our state.

Good to know.
Knowing who people are is never not a bad thing.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Intubation is a bitch, throat all sore and you already feel like crap. Will get her up tomorrow and make her walk, that will be fun. Nothing about this is easy, but, it is better than years of dialysis, she at least has seen her Mom and sister and what they have been through, so she knows he score. She went into it knowing all this but then the cold reality of pain tends to jerk one up short regardless.

Still it is a good thing once you step over the rough spots. Easy for me to say, I am just a spectator...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dont remember a lot of pain

I do remember almost puking in renegade50’s truck a dozen close calls. Pull over pull over NOW...barf green exorcist puke over interstate guard rail

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And whatever you do, do not barf in the doctor’s office on a re-visit.

That will earn you 3 days’ in the hospital.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Spoke with Leader Lamberth about this last week, they have "Legislative Retreat" the next few days and vote for leadership next Tuesday. We have some good guys in place now, will see if the Speaker is truly a Conservative. Once they get situated we go back to work on a real Constitutional Carry bill, and not that pap Lee and the NRA cooked up last year. This one will say if you can possess it, you can carry it.

Jay Reedy has a private property property protection bill via deadly force like Texas has, that will be a tough haul but we are willing to take it on, plus, I am running my civil immunity bill again, which says if you are not convicted of a crime in a self defense situation, you can not be sued civilly. we passed that out of the House last year and McNally would not let it get put on notice in the Senate, or that slug Stevens killed it like he did Mark Green's Constitutional Carry Bill in '16.

Last edited by worriedman; 11/19/20.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Prayers and good wishes sent. f

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by worriedman
Donor is done and in recovery, kidney is placed and now they are doing all the necessary tidying up, so far it all looks great, has gone like clockwork.

Thanks to all who have responded, many know the trials. I am lucky to be whole and able to help my wife and children.

Happy to see this post. May God bless the donor and the child. May he guide the medical staff at Vanderbilt and bless your family for many years to come.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers for a quick speedy full recovery!

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Prayers sent from California

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I want to lift all the folks on this thread, up in prayer. All of you that have or have had severe health problems. Please don't be shy to ask for prayers. I want to pray for you. Feel free to ask in a PM too.

God's peace and healing to each and every one of you. I had bladder cancer 8 1/2 years ago and God answered the call.

Thank you Steve Timm dogzapper for praying for me daily. Never will forget it.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Spoke with Leader Lamberth about this last week, they have "Legislative Retreat" the next few days and vote for leadership next Tuesday. We have some good guys in place now, will see if the Speaker is truly a Conservative. Once they get situated we go back to work on a real Constitutional Carry bill, and not that pap Lee and the NRA cooked up last year. This one will say if you can possess it, you can carry it.

Jay Reedy has a private property property protection bill via deadly force like Texas has, that will be a tough haul but we are willing to take it on, plus, I am running my civil immunity bill again, which says if you are not convicted of a crime in a self defense situation, you can not be sued civilly. we passed that out of the House last year and McNally would not let it get put on notice in the Senate, or that slug Stevens killed it like he did Mark Green's Constitutional Carry Bill in '16.

Thank you for your efforts. They are much appreciated.

You Tennessee guys should look into supporting the Tennessee Firearms Association.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Good to hear.

Guess that means she is out and doing OK.

Glad you all got through it.
Keep pullin' strong for the healing part of it.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

👍

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just talked to her, creatinine is down to 2.4, kidney is working and bringing her into range. She is off the big meds and getting weaned for coming home. They give you juice for a few days and then Tylenol is your friend anymore. You can buy Hydros on any corner in Nashville, but they are skimpy with them at Vandy...was getting ready to take a walk, oh boy!

She as bitching about the food, said she would like some deer tenderloin, mashed taters and green beans ala Richard, seems to be improving...

Donor is doing great she did two laps around the center station this morning, they were both in great physical shape prior to, they did their home work.

So far things are going great!

Last edited by worriedman; 11/20/20.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
That is so awesome!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2.4 is great, probably even get way better when things cool off.

You can still deer hunt at 3.7 😃 (right now)

Actually i was still climbing rafters and framing and roofing houses in the 5.0 ranges before the big T

Was in the 10s and 11s while on peritoneal dialysis. Clinic nurses used to ask me how I felt, I told I fine. One of em told me one time “bullchit you must feel like total chit” she told me i was the frog that was being slowly boiled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just talked to her, creatinine is down to 2.4, kidney is working and bringing her into range. She is off the big meds and getting weaned for coming home. They give you juice for a few days and then Tylenol is your friend anymore. You can buy Hydros on any corner in Nashville, but they are skimpy with them at Vandy...was getting ready to take a walk, oh boy!

She as bitching about the food, said she would like some deer tenderloin, mashed taters and green beans ala Richard, seems to be improving...

Donor is doing great she did two laps around the center station this morning, they were both in great physical shape prior to, they did their home work.

So far things are going great!

Great News. I pray she continues to heal and mend.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Glad to hear everyone is doing fine! Prayers sent, hoping for full/speedy recovery for those involved. It's a nasty disease my sister was diagnosed with it and recently her youngest daughter. Thanks for sharing this!!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.