Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Do you take the historical record as evidence of Caesar's and Alexanders exploits...?
Well where did the broad Hellenistic influence on the region come from if not from Alexander, resulting in jews speaking and writing greek as a common language?
The same can be said about the influence of Christian theology and the Biblical historical narrative upon the entirety of Western Civilization.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by OldHat

You did nothing to display that you understand evidence. You just talk s**t, ya, okay.

If you had evidence you wouldn't need faith.
What kind of christian relies on evidence?

Do you actually claim to have a holy spirit?

It makes no difference whatsoever that Christians dispute different aspects of Doctrine....

None of that has any bearing on what is true.

You don't know what is true any more than any
other christian does.

Simply quoting mythical scripture like you do
don't add up to squat... its no more or less valid
than Vikings believing in Valhalla.

You re very repetitive. It's extremely boring. You don't add anything of intellectual interest.

Please do some research on the Kalam Cosmological Argument.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If we are to have a thread on religion, I'd as soon not start with, "witches'".

Start? I'd say there have been more than a few religion discussions on the campfire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you take the historical record as evidence of Caesar's and Alexanders exploits...?
Well where did the broad Hellenistic influence on the region come from if not from Alexander, resulting in jews speaking and writing greek as a common language?
The same can be said about the influence of Christian theology and the Biblical historical narrative upon the entirety of Western Civilization.

Christian theology provides no veracity to supernatural feats by a Jesus.

You admittedly don't identify as christian
and won't acknowledge the Bible as being
evidence of alleged supernatural feats.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Christian theology provides no veracity to supernatural feats by a Jesus.

You admittedly don't identify as christian
and won't acknowledge the Bible as being
evidence of alleged supernatural feats.

You're incredibly boring.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You re very repetitive. It's extremely boring. You don't add anything of intellectual interest.

You quote scripture like countless christians
have done for millenia, yet call others boring
and repetitive...

What is intellectually interesting about regurgitating
the same old mythology?

Originally Posted by Bristoe

You're incredibly boring.

Unlike you, I dont get all delusional and excitable
about an effective arthritis drug and call it a 'miracle' ..

its medical science that relieves you of your misery
not Jesus.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I think OldHat and Bristoe aborted out of the logical debate many posts ago - gave up the ghost? Anyone believe in ghosts?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by deflave
Happy Tent Dweller,

You are every bit as stupid as these old Jamaican women that believe they can put hexes on people.

I'm probably stupid enough to think that there's still a little bit of hope for you to get saved.

Look, think what you want. I don't care. I do NOT believe that witches are some TV sit com where Samantha wiggles her nose and creates whatever she wants to. I showed a CBN News report that interviewed some witches. The armed forces, aka. the military, recognizes their religion. I've had people comfortable enough to share with me that they were witches and about their religion. Does that make Hairy Potty and his "magical powers" real? Of course not.

So, when are you going to realize that God is so real that His Son is your only hope to go to Him, instead of where the pagans go when that time comes?

Note that this stupid fugk believes he can determine who is and isn’t saved.

LMFAO

Read the Bible you fat lazy bitch.

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
-Jesus Christ Almighty, the One you blaspheme
John 3:36

Since you reject Christ, that leaves you with the wrath of God. Where does the sound like, heaven or hell? It sure doesn't sound like Everlasting life.

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
-Jesus your Judge
John 8

If you haven't hardened your heart toward him, then here's the solution. You might be condemned, but you can be forgiven.

https://youtu.be/WuMTe9l6nzM

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
-Jesus Christ Almighty, the One you blaspheme
John 3:36

Since you reject Christ, that leaves you with the wrath of God. Where does the sound like, heaven or hell? It sure doesn't sound like Everlasting life.

"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
-Jesus your Judge
John 8

If you haven't hardened your heart toward him, then here's the solution. You might be condemned, but you can be forgiven.

To one who believes
:The miracles attributed to Jesus Christ are actually no more miraculous than those of David Copperfield.
:That all death is eternal.
:That religion serves no more useful purpose than keeping Priests well fed and well laid.
:There may well be something greater than humanity somewhere.
:But if there is, they sure as heck could not be bothered with the goings on of this insignificant rock in an insignificant corner of an insignificant galaxy in an insignificant corner of the universe, let alone be bothered with the life of any individual person on this rock.
:That Jesus was a useful tool of a rogue liberal faction within the Priesthood in their bid to seize power from the entrenched oligarchy.
:That all within the Universe is equally bound by the same immutable laws of Physics.
:That Jesus was conceived in exactly the same manner as every other human.

Threats of damnation or promises of salvation are meaningless. You are wasting the bandwidth and the time typing.

If your beliefs bring you comfort, great.
If those beliefs are all that keep you from committing crimes against your neighbors, family, or self, (sinning). Even greater.

But not every man needs what you need.

I have no problem with the knowledge that when the electrons quit flowing in the space between my ears, I will be gone forevermore.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
The supernatural strangely evaporates when put to rigorous testing......

The supernatural is by definition not subject to the scientific method. You cannot use the empirical method to draw any conclusions about the supernatural. That is why it's called the supernatural.

It is subject to the legal standards of evidence such as testimony, though. It does not evaporate in this case.

Physical effects are detectable, therefore testable. Physical effects may be traced to their cause. At which point supernatural explanations tend to evaporate.

The physical effect has to be under observation. If the cause chooses not to act when under observation then it won't be detectable. This is why there are such things as Double Blind Protocols(google it).

It's real simple. If what you are studying has a natural cause, and not caused by a free willed actor, then the empirical method will work. If the cause is a free will actor then you must use a Double Blind Protocols (which is not possible with the supernatural because the actor can just not play your game).

People ignore this hard truth because they want to pretend [bleep] like Dawkins or Randy have a clue.

Personal accounts are notoriously unreliable, alien abductions, anal probes, goblins, faeries, wood sprites, bigfoot, night hags, levitation, telekinesis, spoon bending, etc, etc, which cannot all be true and someone is mistaken, lying or under some illusion, which is quite possible....in order to establish the truth of a claim required falsifiability, otherwise you are left with faith and credulity.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are equating Jesus Christ with a magician?
True Biblical Christianity is not merely some moralistic set of commands. None of us are moral enough to be saved. That's why Christ, the One who knew No sin tasted death for every man. It's all been paid for. The gift of everlasting life was purchased. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. That is given to those who decide to trust Him for that.

I've never seen a magician heal a severely sprained ankle like I had last night after I foolishly jumped from a hight of around 6 feet with a pack loaded. I severely sprained my left ankle so badly that I couldn't walk.
I went from unable to walk if my life depended on it to completely healed after asking my Father and Jesus the Great Physician to do what No earthly doctor could. When I got back home, was able to run up a flight of steps with absolutely no issue or pain....same today!

I witnessed many miracles. No scientific explanations. I have a degree in the physical sciences and have practiced veterinary medicine for many years

My Dad was raised from the dead. His brain was vegetative from a very traumatic brain injury and the best doctors in the state had absolutely no hope of any recovery. I thank God the Father and Jesus His Son, because He got ALL of the credit for my Dad getting up out of bed and as alert as he was BEFORE the accident.

I could go on and give names places and dates, but it will never matter to someone who CHOOSES not to believe. It is a choice.

I was raised without much of any knowledge about the God of the Bible. I didn't believe Jesus. I was taught that God did not exist and life sprang from a rock.
God proved Himself to me and I rejected the rock hypothesis that I was brainwashed by in my most impressionable years.

Jesus healed many while physically on the earth and still does today. Better yet I am very grateful that He is the Savior and still saves souls.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No, it is absolutely not a CHOICE.

If I offered you $1000 to believe the sky is green and grass is red, could you choose to believe so?

You might proclaim to believe so and claim you have earned the cash. But you could not actually believe what you know in your very heart to be untrue.

And David Copperfield is no Magician. He is an Illusionist. Magic does NOT exist.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True Biblical Christianity is not merely some moralistic set of commands. None of us are moral enough to be saved. That's why Christ, the One who knew No sin tasted death for every man. It's all been paid for. The gift of everlasting life was purchased. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. That is given to those who decide to trust Him for that.

I've never seen a magician heal a severely sprained ankle like I had last night after I foolishly jumped from a hight of around 6 feet with a pack loaded. I severely sprained my left ankle so badly that I couldn't walk.
I went from unable to walk if my life depended on it to completely healed after asking my Father and Jesus the Great Physician to do what No earthly doctor could. When I got back home, was able to run up a flight of steps with absolutely no issue or pain....same today!

I witnessed many miracles. No scientific explanations. I have a degree in the physical sciences and have practiced veterinary medicine for many years

My Dad was raised from the dead. His brain was vegetative from a very traumatic brain injury and the best doctors in the state had absolutely no hope of any recovery. I thank God the Father and Jesus His Son, because He got ALL of the credit for my Dad getting up out of bed and as alert as he was BEFORE the accident.

I could go on and give names places and dates, but it will never matter to someone who CHOOSES not to believe. It is a choice.

I was raised without much of any knowledge about the God of the Bible. I didn't believe Jesus. I was taught that God did not exist and life sprang from a rock.
God proved Himself to me and I rejected the rock hypothesis that I was brainwashed by in my most impressionable years.

Jesus healed many while physically on the earth and still does today. Better yet I am very grateful that He is the Savior and still saves souls.

Personal testimony is not the same as verifiable evidence. You may have been mistaken about the severity of your ankle injury, spontaneous remission happens from to time, etc. Each case has to be evaluated according to evidence, not just taking something to be true, miracles, on face value.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
No, it is absolutely not a CHOICE.

If I offered you $1000 to believe the sky is green and grass is red, could you choose to believe so?

You might proclaim to believe so and claim you have earned the cash. But you could not actually believe what you know in your very heart to be untrue.

And David Copperfield is no Magician. He is an Illusionist. Magic does NOT exist.

Seem to me that “choosing what to believe” is absolutely a free will choice. We all get input from our life experiences and we evaluate our “input” if you will. We discard what we find to be unbelievable and accept what we see as true. Your example of the sky simply shows that one looks at the evidence and chooses to believe his own eyes... or what he reads about atmospheric conditions ....and then chooses to believe the sky is blue.... when he is presented with the idea that the sky is green, he makes an evaluation and discards the idea that the sky is green. He has, in effect, chosen to believe the sky is blue and determines that the idea of the sky being green is simply untrue.

We do indeed choose what to believe. And it is not all “fact based” analysis. Look at all the folks out there that choose to believe lies..... they believe lies because they want to.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

True millennia ago and still true today

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Personal testimony is not the same as verifiable evidence. You may have been mistaken about the severity of your ankle injury, spontaneous remission happens from to time, etc. Each case has to be evaluated according to evidence, not just taking something to be true, miracles, on face value.

LOL!
"Spontaneous remission!" 🤣
I'll bet there's lots of emergency room and urgent care patients that would like my Father's spontaneous remissions. Lol.

Each case of mine and others that I claim to have been healed WERE evaluated according to evidence .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My Dad was raised from the dead. His brain was vegetative from a very traumatic brain injury and the best doctors in the state had absolutely no hope of any recovery,

Was he officially deemed clinically dead by qualified
doctors?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

LOL!
"Spontaneous remission!" 🤣
I'll bet there's lots of emergency room and urgent care patients that would like my Father's spontaneous remissions. Lol.

Each case of mine and others that I claim to have been healed WERE evaluated according to evidence .

Spontaneous remission is called that because it was not necessarily the work of treatment that reversed or arrested the condition.

Remission is not related to religion. It can happen to atheists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, adults, children, plants or animals. It has nothing to do with God, gods, angels or demons....

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My Dad was raised from the dead. His brain was vegetative from a very traumatic brain injury and the best doctors in the state had absolutely no hope of any recovery,

Was he officially deemed clinically dead by qualified
doctors?

In some cases the 'clinically dead' may be revived. There is a window of opportunity before all hope is lost due to brain or organ damage. Which is not a matter of supernatural agency.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

God heals your sprained ankle yet allows children to die of cancer - outstanding, you are truly blessed.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 11/19/20.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 54 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.