Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Some folks here may recall the REAL Big Sky kidnapping and murder, circa 1984.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-07-10-vw-2601-story.html

Yes, I remember it well. Kari is doing well now and she is the vet that I take my dog to.

Since the story is supposed to have taken place within 100 miles of my home I watched it.

The first scene where the Californian was stuck on the shoulder of the road looked more like next to a swamp in Northern Wisconsin than anywhere in the Yellowstone valley. The rest of the show was more of Hollywood's version of Montana than reality.

I might give the show one more look, but I won't be anxiously looking forward to the next episode.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Buffybr: Her name was Kerry Swenson if I recall correctly?
I am so thankful HER life was saved.
More recollections of that incident was the fact that the Sheriff who saved her was later fired for shooting at Elk after chasing them on snowmobiles - again IIRC.
Anyone have a better memory of that incident please correct me.
Again thank God that young woman was saved!
I am kind of excited about the next episode myself.
Maybe I am just easily entertained?
Long live Big Sky Country (despite its sometimes negative portrayals on TV and in movies - "Clay Pigeons" etc etc etc).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

It's normal to film somewhere else from where they should be, usually tax related. Longmire, the law show based in WY (even references places in my town) was filmed in New Mexico for those reasons, despite the author and the "city" is WY based.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Joezone
C.J. Box is one of my favorite authors. Really like his books on audio, they are really well narrated overall. For the most part his stories are based in Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota. At least in the audio books he gets a lot right. Can't say how they may screw things up putting some of his stuff on TV but maybe they'll do OK. I'm looking forward to giving it a watch. Missed the first episode but will be able to catch it on demand.

Like I said, he gets most of the stuff he writes about guns not only wrong, but obviously so.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Joezone
C.J. Box is one of my favorite authors. Really like his books on audio, they are really well narrated overall. For the most part his stories are based in Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota. At least in the audio books he gets a lot right. Can't say how they may screw things up putting some of his stuff on TV but maybe they'll do OK. I'm looking forward to giving it a watch. Missed the first episode but will be able to catch it on demand.

Like I said, he gets most of the stuff he writes about guns not only wrong, but obviously so.

Does he have “non-binary” freak perverts in his books too? Or just the tv show?

MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nope, just imaginary cartridges like the 6.5 Creedmoor Magnum.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The freak in the story is a despicable freak of a villain of course. That is a villain, you expect it to be normal other than the kidnapping and murder? Nothing in the books makes the villain seem normal. The series of books this show is based on is a short 3 or 4 book series. Most of his books are not from this series.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by tpcollins
Is this on regular cable or do you need to pay for a streaming service?

Anything that carries regular ABC national network TV -- air antenna / cable / satellite / streaming.

Found it and watched the 1st episode with On Demand.

Looks like “Fargo” in the west.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Too bad they chose to film it in and around Vanvouver, B.C.

I watched the first 10 minutes or so....felt like 10 minutes wasted.

Last edited by MickeyD; 11/19/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I watched the first episode of Big Sky (and last also since I won't bother watching it again). Totally ridiculous, it makes Yellowstone look like high art and I didn't think anything could be more ridiculous than Yellowstone.

The best part was the last scene when the MHP shot the boyfriend.

The only possible good I can see is that maybe it will keep a few folks from coming to Montana. YAY!!

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tried watching on demand. Wow, that is a terrible show. No more. Couldn't get any further than when the wuss got in his 18 wheeler at mommy's house. Fugk that!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.