Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by rem141r
Originally Posted by Bristoe
People on here seem to ponder socks quite a bit.

believe it or not, good socks make your feet a hell of a lot more comfortable. the bombas don't have any seam to crunch up in the toe box of your boot. i wear them exclusively unless i know i'm going to trash my feet, then i wear schitty old tube socks.

I don't agree at all. I wear cheap cotton socks with everything. Shoes wear out much faster than people realize. They are like cars, can look great and still be shot. You can replace inserts or whatever but you need to replace footwear regularly.

Huhh? My shoes and socks last. I used buy junk that wears out fast and promotes bacteria. No more.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
BP-B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
They are good socks, I bought 5 pair when they were on sale a few weeks ago. Very comfortable and I think they will last as long as smartwool.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
They are good socks, I bought 5 pair when they were on sale a few weeks ago. Very comfortable and I think they will last as long as Smartwool.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good enough for this overaged farm boy.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ditto , few years back I was at Menards to get something and they had a display of Merino wool socks with a blend of poly pro inside to wick moisture.$2.00 a pair bought 10 pair on the spot to good to pass.up. still happy with them.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Back when working at the pulp paper mill guys talked about how nasty their feet were, hunting and otherwise. Each one wearing cotton tube socks like a little boy. They couldn't fathom the concept of merino wool when I mentioned it, especially for summertime! Fuuucking SW Washington morons with rotted ball sacks wearing tighty whiteys too!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ENorton
They are good socks, I bought 5 pair when they were on sale a few weeks ago. Very comfortable and I think they will last as long as Smartwool.

Welcome.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

believe it or not, good socks make your feet a hell of a lot more comfortable. the bombas don't have any seam to crunch up in the toe box of your boot. i wear them exclusively unless i know i'm going to trash my feet, then i wear schitty old tube socks.

I don't agree at all. I wear cheap cotton socks with everything. Shoes wear out much faster than people realize. They are like cars, can look great and still be shot. You can replace inserts or whatever but you need to replace footwear regularly.

Huhh? My shoes and socks last. I used buy junk that wears out fast and promotes bacteria. No more.

Ask your doctor. I'm just some rando on the internet.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good enough for this overaged farm boy.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ditto , few years back I was at Menards to get something and they had a display of Merino wool socks with a blend of poly pro inside to wick moisture.$2.00 a pair bought 10 pair on the spot to good to pass.up. still happy with them.mb

I used to wear socks constructed like those, Wigwam, REI etc, like the Costco ones I suppose. First step up from cotton. But, they stretch out and are never ever in the same class as Jim's new ones. Seriously, a 5 year old premium will be better than a brand new "looser weave".

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Ask my doctor about what? Fuucking tube socks?

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"I wear chit socks because I wear chit shoes. " LOL

I have heard it all now. Long live the 'Fire.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
For a pair of friggin socks.

Darn Tough....made in Communist Vermont by communists probably.

Paul Bunyan, full cushion over the calf size xl.

Ordered two pair.

These things better be good.

How can a pair of socks be that expensive??

American Sheep Industry has socks too. Wife likes em.

Reece brand?

You missed a golden opportunity to support some of your MT compatriots for roughly the same $$:

Montana Made Socks

I have 2 of their "Extrerme Warmth Hats" and they are. One for hunting in gray/orange, one in brown for wearing when not hunting. Based solely upon the hat, Alpaca makes Merino feel like steel wool.

Last edited by horse1; 11/19/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ask him/her why you are a grumpy old man. He will tell you its because you have a sore back from worn out shoes.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Oh, I'm wearing a pair of Smart Wool socks today, medium cushion and pleasantly warm, with zero complaints, day three in them.

Don't assume all of one brand perfect. The options make the value, just like any other gear. I recently decided one pair of Darn Toughs I have are not as good as the other versions.

Good to know they are unreliable.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Ask him/her why you are a grumpy old man. He will tell you its because you have a sore back from worn out shoes.

LOL. Funny, but, my shoes are not worn out. And my socks don't stink, real bad.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ironbender
Oh, I'm wearing a pair of Smart Wool socks today, medium cushion and pleasantly warm, with zero complaints, day three in them.

Don't assume all of one brand perfect. The options make the value, just like any other gear. I recently decided one pair of Darn Toughs I have are not as good as the other versions.

Good to know they are unreliable.

No, just saying that there are many versions, they're not all the same construction. I think they will be perfect for summer actually. Again, remember all the guys that have said they're great, even Alaskans.... First hand reports vs your basis for your opinion.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/19/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
So Boomer.

What recommendation do you have for something to wear under pants?

I've looked at some merino ones, usually cost more than my Wrangler Riggs pants and shorts.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[quote=P_Weed]What's socks?

I agree, wholeheartedly

People on here seem to ponder socks quite a bit.[/quote

I for the life of me, can't imagine why.

Going to town this morning, 0900. 36F (hey, it was supposed to warm all the way up to 44F or so)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Like them Mexican fellas said about badges................we don't need no stinkin' socks.

Geno my friend.... real men wear boots..... and socks.... and long pants..... smile

I did, for years, under orders from "The Man".

Now, unless I'm working around the place and need to, I'm in shorts and sandals, but mostly barefoot when I can.

I refuse to grow up. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
So Boomer.

What recommendation do you have for something to wear under pants?

I've looked at some merino ones, usually cost more than my Wrangler Riggs pants and shorts.

Like undies? The very very best were a model from REI a few years ago. They changed them since so not certain as I have not tried the new ones. Damn things from 2017 are just like new, and have seen some real truckin! LOL Funk free.

Boxer briefs. Past version of this. Cheaper than new socks, lol.
https://www.rei.com/product/127666
/rei-co-op-boxer-briefs-mens

Patagonia silk weight boxers too, but their wast band stretches out. They're spendier.

Negatory on the Wuhan by the way! Back to the salt mine. Wife is healthy too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
While we're discussing manly fashion.

I decided to switch from the Wrangler Riggs Ranger pant in favor of the USA made Carhart B01. No cargo pocket but Made in USA and built tough. Seems very rugged and protective.

Possibly offsets my China optics and AR rail/sling mount accessory purchases a little... Maybe.

Hold Up Suspenders too!

USA also, someone here turned me unto Chapman Tools from CT, for driver bits. I have invested.

And an SK screw driver and Malco prick punch.

A few basic nylon slings, USA made.

Also, a MR Heater brand heater, not USA but not China either. I'm trying.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While a good sock the darn toughs not my fave by a good measure

Alas one man’s junk is another’s treasure

( that means you’re gay if you don’t agree w me ) 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 74 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.