Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Happy Tent Dweller,

You are every bit as stupid as these old Jamaican women that believe they can put hexes on people.

I'm probably stupid enough to think that there's still a little bit of hope for you to get saved.

Look, think what you want. I don't care. I do NOT believe that witches are some TV sit com where Samantha wiggles her nose and creates whatever she wants to. I showed a CBN News report that interviewed some witches. The armed forces, aka. the military, recognizes their religion. I've had people comfortable enough to share with me that they were witches and about their religion. Does that make Hairy Potty and his "magical powers" real? Of course not.

So, when are you going to realize that God is so real that His Son is your only hope to go to Him, instead of where the pagans go when that time comes?
The answer is never. The dumb bastard thinks he is god.

Blackbart scared of witches too.

LMFAO

You f a g g o t s are all the same.
I fuucked the shyt out of a witch all summer. You might have tried one too if not for the fact you crave cock so much. LMAO

Dr. Bombay or Uncle Arthur?

Last edited by 280shooter; 11/19/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
No, it is absolutely not a CHOICE.

If I offered you $1000 to believe the sky is green and grass is red, could you choose to believe so?

You might proclaim to believe so and claim you have earned the cash. But you could not actually believe what you know in your very heart to be untrue.

And David Copperfield is no Magician. He is an Illusionist. Magic does NOT exist.

Seem to me that “choosing what to believe” is absolutely a free will choice. We all get input from our life experiences and we evaluate our “input” if you will. We discard what we find to be unbelievable and accept what we see as true. Your example of the sky simply shows that one looks at the evidence and chooses to believe his own eyes... or what he reads about atmospheric conditions ....and then chooses to believe the sky is blue.... when he is presented with the idea that the sky is green, he makes an evaluation and discards the idea that the sky is green. He has, in effect, chosen to believe the sky is blue and determines that the idea of the sky being green is simply untrue.

We do indeed choose what to believe. And it is not all “fact based” analysis. Look at all the folks out there that choose to believe lies..... they believe lies because they want to.

I am at a fork in the road. Do I go left or right? is a choice.
I have a Bible on my book shelf. Do I read it? is a choice.
Pretty girl in class. Do I speak to her? is a choice.
Pretty woman at the bar. Do I cheat on my wife with her. Is a choice.
Beer at the store. Do I buy it? is a choice.
Been at the bar drinking all night. Do I drive home? Is a choice.
Shove a needle in my arm? Is a choice
Becoming addicted to crystal meth? is a choice
Continuing to consume crystal meth after addiction? still a choice?

Look at a grassy lawn and believe it to be green? Not a choice Believe it to be red. Still not a choice
Believe that 2X6 does not equal 6X2? Not a choice.
Read that bible and believe Christ was born of a virgin? not a choice
believe that Noah gathered 2 or 7 of every species extant upon the Earth and stuffed them into a tiny boat and fed them for weeks upon end? Not a choice
believe that the face of the Earth was submerged under water about 4000 years ago? Not a choice
believe the human body is inhabited by some ethereal soul? not a choice

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Starman

My Dad was raised from the dead...

Was he officially deemed clinically dead by qualified
doctors?

In some cases the 'clinically dead' may be revived. There is a window of opportunity before all hope is lost due to brain or organ damage. Which is not a matter of supernatural agency.

HC makes it sound like there was a corpse that just
came to life without input from medical professionals.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

My Dad was raised from the dead...

Was he officially deemed clinically dead by qualified
doctors?

In some cases the 'clinically dead' may be revived. There is a window of opportunity before all hope is lost due to brain or organ damage. Which is not a matter of supernatural agency.

HC makes it sound like there was a corpse that just
came to life without input from medical professionals.

The God of Love could put all doctors out of business. Yet, apparently, someone has his ankle or family member miraculously healed while others suffer and die of terrible terrible diseases or violence. A highly selective sense of mercy, for sure

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Conviction is a process, not a choice. Even decision making has its antecedents, life experience, genetics, mental capacity: a child having a different set of proclivities than an adult, etc, etc...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

... I foolishly jumped from a hight of around 6 feet with a pack loaded...

I went from unable to walk if my life depended on it to completely healed after asking my Father and Jesus the Great Physician..

All these years, Why haven't they fixed your stupid?

Each case of mine and others that I claim to have been healed WERE evaluated according to evidence .

Did medical professionals get to assess
your injured ankle?

Did they officially deem your father clinically dead?

Originally Posted by DBT
You may have been mistaken about the severity of your ankle injury,..

Being the drama queen he is..what are the odds?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

God heals your sprained ankle yet allows children to die of cancer - outstanding, you are truly blessed.

I wonder why NATO Role 3 Multinational Medical
Unit, Kandahar, Afghanistan don't have people like
camper fixing and saving soldiers they can't.

An aquantance of mine recently had part of face
put back and repaired not by prayers, but by a
German plastic surgeon that was there...

Does camper think he could have done it his way?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

.. The non Christian guys here get the idea that witches are some stupid Halloween costume character,..

Who would have a problem with the costumes?

[Linked Image from bestofcomicbooks.com]

I had a 52D benchrest rifle I sold to a fellow at a Union Pa match . The prettiest curly maple stock I ever seen with a really good picture of her painted onto the bottom of the forearm . Have regretted the sale many times . Often wonder if it is still carrying her picture .
Had a canjar trigger , hell you can't buy the trigger for what I sold the gun for back then .
Kenneth

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The great witch discussion of 2020.

LOL

Fugking retards.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Idaho Shooter posted:

............."Look at a grassy lawn and believe it to be green? Not a choice Believe it to be red. Still not a choice
Believe that 2X6 does not equal 6X2? Not a choice.
Read that bible and believe Christ was born of a virgin? not a choice
believe that Noah gathered 2 or 7 of every species extant upon the Earth and stuffed them into a tiny boat and fed them for weeks upon end? Not a choice
believe that the face of the Earth was submerged under water about 4000 years ago? Not a choice
believe the human body is inhabited by some ethereal soul? not a choice...."

Sure those things you mentioned are choices. You simply looked and evaluated and decided not to believe.... you did indeed choose.

There is other evidence out there. We are in a world.... we look around and see the world, the stars..... the life, I look at this and see evidence pointing to a higher power, a power that I do not fully understand and conclude that there is a Creator.

I marvel and wonder about my "conscience" and why it interacts with my mind..... hard to understand for sure... but I ponder and conclude that this Creator I have come to acknowledge is placed something within me that I must deal with.... I must pursue this "conscience" thing and develop a conclusion. I conclude that there is a sense of right and wrong and something that does indeed impact my thoughts and beliefs.

Of course, at a young age, the concept of "God" had been introduced to me.....Hmm... the pieces are coming together. I read the Bible and am struck by how well it describes and explains human experience and human reactions to life. Proverbs seems to provide truth and I find the only book on the planet that fully explains human behavior. I see evidence of OT prophecies fulfilled in Jesus and wonder "How can that be?"

Then I simply inquire of God.... are you there?..... is true? The Holy Spirit tells me... deep within me.... YES!

AH! .... I see and now I have evidence.... repeat.... I... me... have evidence and I believe. I CHOSE to believe the evidence.

You look a some "evidence" and choose not to believe. But you are not looking at the entire great mountain of evidence available to you. You "cherry pick" to justify your own unbelief. This in itself is a choice you make.

Last edited by TF49; 11/20/20. Reason: spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The great witch discussion of 2020.

LOL

Fugking retards.
Not much funnier than a useless government worker looking down his nose on everyone else. ROTFLMFAO

Dumb fuuck

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Do I believe in magic....

noun

the art of producing illusions as entertainment by the use of sleight of hand, deceptive devices, etc.; legerdemain; conjuring:
to pull a rabbit out of a hat by "magic."

the art of producing a desired effect or result through the use of incantation or various other techniques that presumably assure human control of supernatural agencies or the forces of nature. Compare contagious magic, imitative magic, sympathetic magic.

By this definition? Magic is just human deception.

Do I believe in deception by humans perpetrated on other humans? Sure....

Last edited by TF49; 11/20/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
according to some of the space alien enthusiasts that walk among us, majic to the eye can be some sort of advanced technology that is not yet fully understood. like a mirror to some backwoods africans, or a camera that captures their soul by taking their picture. not majic at all, just misunderstood technology.

but banshees shreiking in an old oak grove on the side of a hill, snow blowing through the air, wolves howling, and celtic priests sending up offerings in heavy smoke all happening at once could be majical?

200 years from horse and buggy days to today, with the High Priests at NASA sending space probes to mars and beyond? that's a lot of stuff happening. could it be slow majic, maybe?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gus
according to some of the space alien enthusiasts that walk among us, majic to the eye can be some sort of advanced technology that is not yet fully understood. like a mirror to some backwoods africans, or a camera that captures their soul by taking their picture. not majic at all, just misunderstood technology.

but banshees shreiking in an old oak grove on the side of a hill, snow blowing through the air, wolves howling, and celtic priests sending up offerings in heavy smoke all happening at once could be majical?

200 years from horse and buggy days to today, with the High Priests at NASA sending space probes to mars and beyond? that's a lot of stuff happening. could it be slow majic, maybe?

I kinda agree with you...but....seems to me that God’s ‘spirit’ world existed prior to the creation of this universe. So, yes, there are things we don’t understand, but yet see. We cannot explain Jesus’ miracles from our own physical world context. But, ‘spirit world’ power and the ability to act on this physical world is indeed part and parcel of Biblical teaching. Yes.... odd thinking.

However,, until I see further or different evidence, I place the existence “aliens” in the same category as “Sasquatches.”

Last edited by TF49; 11/20/20.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Be it aliens or gods, neither are proven propositions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We cannot explain Jesus’ miracles from our own physical world context.

No such alleged miracles have been verified.
2000 yr old middle east oral tales are no more
valid than Renaissance mermaid tales or
current bigfoot tales.

funny how folks dismiss other people's myths
while claiming their own as valid.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

True millennia ago and still true today.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
We cannot explain Jesus’ miracles from our own physical world context.

No such alleged miracles have been verified.
2000 yr old middle east oral tales are no more
valid than Renaissance mermaid tales or
current bigfoot tales.

Some one previously characterized you as "boring."

Most Johnny One-Notes are indeed boring.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ol josesph campbell wrote the masks of god book. lot of good stuff therein.

riturals was somelthing he indicated most folks craved.

catholics, but others as well love riturals.

all kinds: full moons, eating flesh, etc.

the marine corps has rituals also.

the German SS was good at it.

but, many folks have rituals.

witches too, they're no different.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.