24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After seeing that boat I am reassessing my career and maybe I should get my 6pack. I'm just not a babysitter for adults at heart. But I know how to catch fish

GB2

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I’ve been on a Searunner 22 across the Columbia River bar and Chehalis River bar, both are well known for being rough, and the boat was fine. Good suspension seats and you’re golden. I’ve owned an Alumaweld and currently have a Duckworth. The Hewes makes the Alumaweld look really bare-bones. Hewes has higher sides and heavier gauge than either of my boats.

Given what you’ve said about owning North River, I won’t go into that. They are good boats. The Duckworth Offshore and Weldcraft equivalent (same boat) are good choices.

Are you willing to consider fiberglass? The Defiance Guadalupe is a sweet ride.

No glass. NR manages to make nothing that works for me. The 27 is the standard but the cabins are ridiculous. I like duckworth offshore, but to be honest with you it won’t do anything the hewes can’t do with about a 50k+ price tag. They just don’t pencil out.

Everyone pretty much makes a 1/4 bottom, 3/16 sided offshore boat now. These hewes are a totally different boat than the 22 you were in.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
I’ve been on a Searunner 22 across the Columbia River bar and Chehalis River bar, both are well known for being rough, and the boat was fine. Good suspension seats and you’re golden. I’ve owned an Alumaweld and currently have a Duckworth. The Hewes makes the Alumaweld look really bare-bones. Hewes has higher sides and heavier gauge than either of my boats.

Given what you’ve said about owning North River, I won’t go into that. They are good boats. The Duckworth Offshore and Weldcraft equivalent (same boat) are good choices.

Are you willing to consider fiberglass? The Defiance Guadalupe is a sweet ride.

No glass. NR manages to make nothing that works for me. The 27 is the standard but the cabins are ridiculous. I like duckworth offshore, but to be honest with you it won’t do anything the hewes can’t do with about a 50k+ price tag. They just don’t pencil out.

Everyone pretty much makes a 1/4 bottom, 3/16 sided offshore boat now. These hewes are a totally different boat than the 22 you were in.

The SeaRunner was great, I’m sure yours will be better! Ill tell you what, I think Alumaweld is overrated after owning one.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How does the current Hewes compare against a Wooldridge?
I owned both brands before and thought the build quality on the Woodridge was better, but that was over a decade ago.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Not sure. Wooldridge has nothing that interests me for my use but they have good rep. Have a Capt lined up. Permit too.

Getting ready to order electronics. Electronics have been occupying a big space in my brain and ready to be done with it.

Last edited by Calvin; 11/14/20.
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Hewes isn't the best selling aluminum fishing boat in Alaska "by accident".... Great choice.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Got all my electronics ordered. Went Garmin.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Calvin
Got all my electronics ordered. Went Garmin.

Excellent choice, besides getting wiped out by lighting once we haven't had any problems in 6 years. Did you get a Garmin autopilot? We have GHC 10 and really like the track and orbit features it offers.

Life is good live it while you can.
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
No we don’t use an auto pilot on our boats. Garmin has worked fine for us too

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023
<

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.