Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
If they won’t take a bank check, fuuuck em!

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

And I suppose you are the guy that has never bought or sold anything. The fees with Paypal are a full 3%, and yes they matter. frown

Actually I have bought and sold stuff and have never asked for PP fees ever. If the fees matter so much the why don't people add them to their asking price in the beginning so as to not look like cheap bastards. You can't tell me that paying a full 3.00 per 100.00 in sales is going matter all that much. I just don't understand that mentality.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There are multiple ways of doing things for a reason.
None are right or wrong for everyone , and that’s OK !
Bottom line is it’s the sellers choice of anything to specify how they want payment . If that doesn’t suit you move along .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MLC
For one thing I'm not giving someone I don't know my bank account number for a wire transfer. What's so hard about going to the post office to get a money order?

Same here. Seller has the option of what they prefer. Myself I've excepted a boat load of personal checks from the good members here and yet to have a problem. I had 1 check come where 1/4 of the envelope and check was missing,my bank still cashed it.

Last edited by DANNYL; 11/21/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

And I suppose you are the guy that has never bought or sold anything. The fees with Paypal are a full 3%, and yes they matter. frown

Actually I have bought and sold stuff and have never asked for PP fees ever. If the fees matter so much the why don't people add them to their asking price in the beginning so as to not look like cheap bastards. You can't tell me that paying a full 3.00 per 100.00 in sales is going matter all that much. I just don't understand that mentality.

Besides my most recent swearing off of paypal completely, I always did all I could to avoid letting those anti-gun sonsabitches profit from any transaction involving yours truly...which meant using F&F. IOW, a matter of principle much like my avoidance of certain household products marketed by anti-gun cretins.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always figured that god invented the postal money order for guys with cash that mama doesn’t know about. Keeps it out of the household funds. lol

Last edited by 2500HD; 11/21/20.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 2500HD
I always figured tat god invented the postal money order for guys with cash that mama doesn’t know about. Keeps it out of the household funds. lol

Truth......
wink grin

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Fifth Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mag410
I think a lot of sellers have figured out that cashing a postal money order at the post office leaves a minimal paper trail. Be hard for the tax man to pin down unless they deposit the money in the bank.

I had this thought too. Maybe people think the IRS can't track their "income" through postal money orders? If this is true, some may not understand just how much info the IRS have access to. They certainly have access to any/all accounts. The IRS also have a very broad interpretation of income, they even count credit card/airline reward miles as income now. . . . I suppose straight cash or barter is the best way to stay off the IRS radar?

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fifth
What's so special about postal money orders? Serious question. I'm not trying to cause a big ruckus. It seems many people really prefer the postal money order over some really easy forms of payment; head scratcher to me. I recently bought a rifle off GunBroker and the seller took only postal money order. I offered to wire funds directly to their bank but they preferred the postal money order. Why? Are that many people living without a checking/brokerage account? With so many easy ways to pay why postal money orders?

I don't know but if a seller insists on sending me to that communist sh ! t hole full of lazy liberal fk's to get a money order I can get at HEB or Kroger in less than 10 minutes I don't need their sh ! t.

Dave

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
River Rider - except I wasn't responding to your comment about tampering or counterfeiting a money order.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I accept personal CK's

Haven't got screwed yet

MO's are a PIA to purchase in my opinion

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by aalf

I'm easy. (that's what she said)

I almost always state in my ads "PP F&F preferred, cash, check, or postal money order accepted with the appropriate wait".

Pretty much covers all the bases for the buyer.......

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Never had a problem with personal checks, PayPal or money orders, and have been on the Campfire a long time now.

However, when I put something on the Campfire Classifieds it's because I WANT to sell it. Why make it harder for a potential buyer?

Can kinda understand somebody wanting money orders if they're trying to hide gun buys, etc., from "the wife." But both my wife and I have separate bank accounts, both for our businesses and personal stuff, and she couldn't care less about me buying (or selling) another firearm.

On the other hand, I don't have much problem using USPS money orders if that's what the seller wants. But I live in a small town, and go to the post office every day anyway, both to pick up mail and, quite often, ship stuff. So I go through the drive-in window at our bank (three blocks from our house) and cash a check. Take the cash to the PO (which is way over on the other side of town, maybe 12 blocks) and buy a money order. Sometimes I have to wait in line two minutes, but probably half the time there's nobody ahead of me.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve always excepted Personal Checks from fellow 🔥 Members when selling here. Never had a problem.
I won’t use those anti-gun PayPal bastards.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/21/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd see a lawyer if I had to hide my purchases from my wife! I think she'd do the same. She'd be way more pissed off if she discovered a purchase from my hidden money. Trust has worked for us to 40 years. I kind of feel sorry for some of you that have to operate that way!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Switch--
This nails it for me as well.

Postal money orders are a pain in the ass, here you usually stand in line at the Post Office for 20 minutes to get one, my bank charges me $3.00 for a cashiers check. I know PayPal is a bunch of jerks but I'll gladly pay 3% on a $500 deal to avoid the long lines and trouble of rounding up a MO. I have no problem with personal check because in this day and age checks clear over night or at least in a day. I think holding an item for 7 to 10 days is BS Most gun guys on here with history can be trusted, haven't been screwed yet, but I guess my turn is coming.. I'm trusting you when I send you a check without having the item I paid for in hand, so how about showing me the same trust when I send you a check. I don't buy items that the seller demands a MO.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Don’t forget the cranky [bleep] taking your money and the mentioned previously were not a bank!!!! Not enough money come back later.

At least you can probable get free Covid !!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2500HD
I always figured that god invented the postal money order for guys with cash that mama doesn’t know about. Keeps it out of the household funds. lol

That also

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have taken three bad checks over the years, a couple of small ones and one for near $300, in each case they were from long time posters on the site. Since then I have only taken PayPal or Postal MO, the problem with some of the other forms of payment (cashiers checks, etc) is that they can be easily faked.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hanco
If they won’t take a bank check, fuuuck em!

My feeling as well. I'm more at risk with the number of new people here. I've been here a long time. There are people who will send a gun before they get my check. If something goes wrong in the mail, I can cancel a check and send another one. Not interested in waiting 90 days to get money from a PMO from the bank.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
If you think the US Postal Inspector is going to investigate you getting screwed in a 1 time transaction related to your $200 scope deal under mail fraud statues, you are are living on another planet.

US postal inspector is a do nothing Democrates, I had dealing with those jerks

Not surprising, from the guy who sends ammo illegally through the USPS.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

399 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 16penny, 31 invisible), 1,785 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,575
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.