Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2500HD
I always figured that god invented the postal money order for guys with cash that mama doesn’t know about. Keeps it out of the household funds. lol

Bingo!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder if any of you urban dwelling dudes that have sworn off PayPal have ever asked the postal employee issuing your money order how they feel about guns? My guess is you're having about the same impact either way.
Rock the Boycott!! laugh
I figure if I ignore PP's stupid policy and use the FF option I'm sticking it to them.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is the age we live in. We should be able to make the deal and send seller a personal check that he immediately cashes and when it clears he ships item. I am 70 and have never written a bad check and most of the men I have dealt with on this and another web site like this one are honest and easy to deal with.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
If you think the US Postal Inspector is going to investigate you getting screwed in a 1 time transaction related to your $200 scope deal under mail fraud statues, you are are living on another planet.

US postal inspector is a do nothing Democrates, I had dealing with those jerks

Not surprising, from the guy who sends ammo illegally through the USPS.

Illegal shipping ammo, hell I can't even send a buddy a bottle of Crown for his Birthday through UPS or USPS, States got to have their tax.

Last edited by Switch; 11/21/20.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drover
I have taken three bad checks over the years, a couple of small ones and one for near $300, in each case they were from long time posters on the site. Since then I have only taken PayPal or Postal MO, the problem with some of the other forms of payment (cashiers checks, etc) is that they can be easily faked.

drover

I agree with this, a postal money order is safe, costs very little in fees for the buyer. Paypal is good, but the fees really add up, 3% is not chump change,
and someone is going to have to pay them.

I remember some years back I purchased a scope from a guy in Alaska, he sent it to me right away, before I even sent the money order.

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of places sell money orders, the USPS is the last place I want to go, insisting on a USPS money order is strange.

I get those who don't like Paypal, someone here was royally screwed by them. I use them friends to friends even if there is no recourse with a bad deal, it's fast and convenient.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I get the usps mo I cash it then and there at the po. Then I mail the item.

No way I can get screwed over that way.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW
Lots of places sell money orders, the USPS is the last place I want to go, insisting on a USPS money order is strange.

I get those who don't like Paypal, someone here was royally screwed by them. I use them friends to friends even if there is no recourse with a bad deal, it's fast and convenient.

I'd be curious to hear the story of someone "royally screwed by" PayPal?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by dh1
Post office hours suck. I start work before they open, come home after they close, and my local closes the counter for lunch hour. Otherwise they're awesome.

You left out the awesomeness of waiting 20 minutes in line.

All of this^^^

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by MLC
For one thing I'm not giving someone I don't know my bank account number for a wire transfer. What's so hard about going to the post office to get a money order?

+1.

Everyone should have at least one public-facing bank account for wire transfers, etc.

I have 11 bank accounts. When a wire hits my public account, I immediately transfer the money to an “internal” account that cannot be accessed by anyone - meaning it has no debit card or checking account attached to it. It only exists at the bank.

The public bank account never has more than about $10 in it except for when I receive a wire or prime it for an outgoing wire.

Last edited by baxterb; 11/21/20.
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

What's not to like! Minimal cost, easy to verify validity, easy to cash, purchase mailed on receipt, no wait on clearance. If you are to busy to purchase one, I also am to busy to warp and mail your purchase to you. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

What's not to like! Minimal cost, easy to verify validity, easy to cash, purchase mailed on receipt, no wait on clearance. If you are to busy to purchase one, I also am to busy to warp and mail your purchase to you. GW

Some of us ain't retired......yet.

I'm self-employed. My time during the day is money. The time spent driving and waiting at the PO costs me money. And then I can't buy as much crap on the Classifieds......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I don't like the politics of PayPal either. But in the time it takes for the shop door to open and back the pickup out I can transfer money from individual to individual.........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I prefer to send a personal check - but, a PMO isn't that big a pain for me.
Depends on what I'm buying, and how long I want to wait.
I've also had items arrive, that had to be shipped before the seller got payment.
One time, I forgot a small purchase, until it arrived - PM'd the seller, and got a check out.
He stated he'd figured something had come up, and was not worried. WHEW !!!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Money orders only for me. If you want to use some sort of modern, easy, or convenient way of doing anything at all I am completely against it. Can’t stand when people think things are better just because they are easier or more convenient. If you ask me, these kind of people are simply lazy and don’t understand the value of good old fashioned hard work.

Think about it. It is easy to do anything an easier way these days. But how hard is it to make something more complicated and to take more time to complete than necessary.

If it isn’t complicated, hard, or non enjoyable in some sort of a way then it simply isn’t worth doing at all.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by MarkFed
Money orders only for me. If you want to use some sort of modern, easy, or convenient way of doing anything at all I am completely against it. Can’t stand when people think things are better just because they are easier or more convenient. If you ask me, these kind of people are simply lazy and don’t understand the value of good old fashioned hard work.

Think about it. It is easy to do anything an easier way these days. But how hard is it to make something more complicated and to take more time to complete than necessary.

If it isn’t complicated, hard, or non enjoyable in some sort of a way then it simply isn’t worth doing at all.

Are you Amish?

Don't have any problem with that. In fact we've had an Amish colony recently start up in my Montana county. They're fine people, and many of us appreciate their life-style. And in fact my paternal grandmother, thought not Amish, was often referred to as somebody who preferred doing things the hard way--including homesteading by herself in central Montana a century ago. But I am not retired, and prefer to spend my "complicated, hard" time on my enjoyable work.

As previously noted I also don't find USPS money orders "hard" in our small community. But also don't find they have any major advantage over any other method of payment, whether old-fashioned checks (or cash) or quicker Internet methods. And apparently you don't object to the "easy" Internet to express your opinions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

Are you serious or is this post an attempt at levity? If you are serious, you are simply stupid.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jdollar

Are you serious or is this post an attempt at levity? If you are serious, you are simply stupid.....

I wonder how he feels about a certified bank check...? laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by RDW

I'd be curious to hear the story of someone "royally screwed by" PayPal?

I won't go into a lot of detail, but I looked at some supposed N95 masks on-line early on during the covid BS. In order to try and understand what the package deal was, I put stuff in my cart. I NEVER clicked on a "pay now" button or any such thing. I thought it was pretty confusing so I backed out and went through it again to see WTF they were offering. Again, I NEVER submitted any agreement to purchase. Next thing I knew, I was getting billed for a bunch of shit I never agreed to buy. Paypal would not do a damned thing about it, nor would Citi. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 53 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.