Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow.
Seems like they are trying to cut collections..
Christmas is got t be the biggest once a year churchgoer night of all.
They should do a Christmas light/nativity competition on the grounds and just read the service over a PA while the congregation views the lights...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
we go to a small church so the social distance horschit should be no problem. they haven't cancelled it yet but you never know. it was bad enough that our easter service was on a friggen zoom session with a bunch of old people saying "what button do i hit??", etc, etc. it was sickening yet mildly hilarious.

My diploma is a DD214
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I would think that church goers and their leaders are in the strongest position to resist govt. overreach by simply ignoring the unconstitutional order and all go to church every Sunday. A non violent protest by the citizenry that could not be ignored nor suppressed. I am amazed that religous leaders are all not promoting this show of faith in belief over govt. and self.

I suspect that many are genuinely afraid to congregate due to fear of infection more than fear of govt. Part of our extended family are genuine believers and their very conservative church holds services every Sunday but attendance is running about 30% of normal and there has been no govt. action or threats.

Americans have been conditioned to respond to propaganda and ignore common sense.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
God bless you all , just keep paying your tithes .

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
My mom passed end of September...

State mandate on Funeral Home limits

Same with the church...

We had the service at the homeplace...

NO LIMITS ON ATTENDANCE

and

I made masks optional.

The Lord Graced us with the MOST PERFECT OF DAYS.

"Ask and he shall provide"

Faith is action... NOT lip service.

Last edited by CashisKing; 11/20/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Fuggin a.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Our church just carrying on like normal.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Not in my town, Churches are still open here. We don't answer to men here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm a bi-vocational pastor of a church in Mississippi.
We stopped having "attended services" in March like everyone else. We started recording and putting on facebook with just my wife and 1 deacon that recorded the sermon.

After 2 weeks, we decided a dozen people could attend and they took turns. Still no Sunday School, PM service or Wednesday Prayer Meeting.
First of July, we bumped that to 24 people.

August, we lifted the limit and just told people to wear a mask until they sit down..... and spread out. and started back having Sunday evening and Wednesday, but no Sunday School.

First of October, we resumed all activities as normal. Masks are required. Youth and children ministries back on Wednesday nights.

Attendance has been good, not what it was pre-covid, but good.

We've had quite a few churches in the area have to shut back down for a few weeks because their staff had covid.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
after making above post, I read the 5 pages of the thread......

1. someone mentioned collections. Our tithes and offerings are actually ahead of last year and above this year's budget.
2. After missing services for 2 weeks in March, I believe our church will not repeat that mistake and would resist any government mandate..... but I'm kind of a rebel anyway.
3. Gathering for worship is important and mandated in Scripture. I know some want to be "seen praying" and that is surely wrong, but Christians
who willingly choose to not actively participate in worship and serve in the local church are out of God's will.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing
My mom passed end of September...

State mandate on Funeral Home limits

Same with the church...

We had the service at the homeplace...

NO LIMITS ON ATTENDANCE

and

I made masks optional.

The Lord Graced us with the MOST PERFECT OF DAYS.

"Ask and he shall provide"

Faith is action... NOT lip service.

I'm with you on this 100%.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'd guess it's gonna get tough on us heathens, moral riff-raff, heretics and non believers too. Every political opinion and quoted pet load on the campfire will be accompanied by at least two paragraphs of scripture and a couple pointers on how to lead a righteous existence.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
294 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,015 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,822
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.