-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could be wrong, but I believe that when someone tampers with or fakes a USPS Money Order, it's a federal thing. It seems like my bank is very willing to cash one on the spot, too. I really ought to ask them about that.

Zelle is a great way to transfer money. It's lightning fast and costs nothing.

Paypal is an absolute NOGO as far as I am concerned. Those [bleep] let a Chinese merchant hold me down and [bleep] me til my ass bled. I will NEVER deal with those [bleep] again.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paypal sucks. Once they have your bank info they own you.

I accept USPS MO only for payment from people I don't know. Never had one bounce or a counterfeit. If you want to buy something from me I couldn't care less about what's convenient for you. What's convenient for me is that I know I am going to get paid.

Just so you know....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm easy. (that's what she said)

I almost always state in my ads "PP F&F preferred, cash, check, or postal money order accepted with the appropriate wait".

Pretty much covers all the bases for the buyer.......

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Wire transfers are simple,, the payee has no access to withdraw money different numbers for withdrawing and paying. Virtual payments like paypal, venom, and cash app go directly to your credit card of choice or to a card they issue you...no pain. The post office sucks

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you think the US Postal Inspector is going to investigate you getting screwed in a 1 time transaction related to your $200 scope deal under mail fraud statues, you are are living on another planet.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
If you think the US Postal Inspector is going to investigate you getting screwed in a 1 time transaction related to your $200 scope deal under mail fraud statues, you are are living on another planet.

That may be true. But if you think the Inspector is going to overlook counterfeiting or tampering with USPS Money Orders, I think you might be be living on another planet.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by dh1
It's ignorance on my part. I don't understand wire transfer, paypal, venwhatever etc. Money orders have not failed me yet.

I'm in the same boat. I am fine with a personal check from members on the fire. Seems like i have read on here about paypal being anti 2A,so it don't male sense to me why memebers on a pro gun site would have anything to do with gaypal.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Fascination? Seller's choice. Don't like it, just move the fuuck on.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by MLC
For one thing I'm not giving someone I don't know my bank account number for a wire transfer. What's so hard about going to the post office to get a money order?

+1.

+ 2

I have a checking and investment account. I accept uspsmo, only. My bank cashes them for cash, with no issue.
And pay with uspsmo only.

Last edited by dale06; 11/20/20.

NRA Patron
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre

US postal inspector is a do nothing Democrates, I had dealing with those jerks

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
R
I take USPS ones because I can call and verify it on the phone and cash it right at the PO. See the sticky at the top of classifides. None of it coming back on me a month later like a personal check that was fraud could. I use PayPal a bunch, but the fees rack up and if you use F&F you waive a lot of options if you get screwed over. Plus gun sales are not permitted. That makes it even more certain they will not help you if you get stiffed. Venmo is owned by PayPal, so pretty much the same. I signed up for the Gunbroker Pay to take it on there, but no sales since.

Had a buyer recently send me a money order from a cash advance place. My bank did not even want to take it because it was issued via an international bank. They put a 10 business day hold on it. So his box is still sitting until that is released.

If you need to send money, but don't want to do a mo and are worried about a personal check, do a certified bank check. Most do it for free for account holders. I do tgat for payments to a contact that I buy fixer upper guns from that is 2k miles away.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by slowmover12
Personally, if a money order is the only way to finalize a deal, I’ll back out.

^^^^
This.

Ranks right up there with all the fuggin tightwad losers that want fees when using PayPal for low dollar items. JFC how desperate are people that they need the fees covered on a 10 dollar item? Anytime I come across some jackass wanting fees or +4% for their stuff I walk on by. Fugginasswadsfugginupeverything.

And I suppose you are the guy that has never bought or sold anything. The fees with Paypal are a full 3%, and yes they matter. frown

Last edited by Farmboy1; 11/20/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Postal money orders are a pain in the ass, here you usually stand in line at the Post Office for 20 minutes to get one, my bank charges me $3.00 for a cashiers check. I know PayPal is a bunch of jerks but I'll gladly pay 3% on a $500 deal to avoid the long lines and trouble of rounding up a MO. I have no problem with personal check because in this day and age checks clear over night or at least in a day. I think holding an item for 7 to 10 days is BS Most gun guys on here with history can be trusted, haven't been screwed yet, but I guess my turn is coming.. I'm trusting you when I send you a check without having the item I paid for in hand, so how about showing me the same trust when I send you a check. I don't buy items that the seller demands a MO.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think a lot of sellers have figured out that cashing a postal money order at the post office leaves a minimal paper trail. Be hard for the tax man to pin down unless they deposit the money in the bank.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
PMOs are OK but PP is right now and you can ship.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The post office on ft Richardson hasn’t had money orders in weeks.. even if they did they don’t have stamps to sell you to mail said money order..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 79S
The post office on ft Richardson hasn’t had money orders in weeks.. even if they did they don’t have stamps to sell you to mail said money order..

They get looted

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I use them and have for years. They still work and most older collectors I deal with don't have a problem with them. If its a deal breaker then both parties have the option of moving on.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by dh1
Post office hours suck. I start work before they open, come home after they close, and my local closes the counter for lunch hour. Otherwise they're awesome.

They sell em at other places too.

You can only get a Postal MO at the post office.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tag

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 27 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,619
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.