Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple times that will never be forgotten. I just happened to be there in the right place at the right time.
1. Guy brings a loaded 22LR into the shop and says its jammed. The guy says if its loaded, get it out of here. Guy argues and says its jammed it won't shoot. OUT! customer slams it on the counter. CRACK! 22 is really loud inside. Bullet hits the wall a good 40 feet away. Employee calls 911, other employees draw weapons and hold customer until PD arrives. Hole in the wall is near other holes in the wall from same thing.

2. Small gun shop with large inventory. Probably 400 guns , some new, some used. Prolly 150 new, 250 used in the late 90s. My buddy looks at an H&R 12ga slug that's on the 10ga frame. It had a scope and wouldn't sit up there on the rack correctly cause the weight was all in the wrong spot if you remember those. I picked out an A5 to purchase and put it on the counter. Slug gun slowly tips over, bring every other used gun with it. 250 guns sliding and flopping onto the floor. Racket was amazing. Lady starts freaking out. Her husband explodes. I'm like, maybe this is a bad time. I'll come back. It was crazy.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My father used to tell this one........back in the 1950's he went to work at a local hardware store, that had a very good gun section. He traded in a Marlin lever gun in 25-20 for a Winchester Model 12 in 20 gauge, and the Marlin sat there for a quite a well without generating any interest. Kentucky was having it's first deer season in many years, and an old Black guy comes in looking for a deer gun. He sees the 25-20 and asked the guy that was working the gun counter that day if that rifle would kill a deer. "Kill a deer," the salesman answered, "that rifle will kill a bear." The old Black man said...."dats the one I want, cause you never know what's out dere in dem woods."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just the usual stuff, everyone under 30 working there is ex spec ops, special naval warfare, eagle scout

Any over 40 weighs 500 pounds

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I walked into a gun shop and kaywoodie was working there.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
While I was in college I worked part time in the hunting/fishing section of a sports store. When ringing up a handgun gun sale I must have accidentally pushed the silent alarm. After the sale I was kneeling behind the cash register counter with the gun in my hand as I tried to find the form for the gun that goes to the state police. The next thing I heard was “drop it!” from the cop who responded to the silent alarm and had his weapon pointed at my head.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Mostly, my money leaving my pocket.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by poboy

That's bad..... really bad! grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First purchase.
Typical shop. Few window to maximize display space.
Those that there are are covered with manufacturer signs.
Fill the forms and wait, several other already waiting.
Seems like a long wait.
Suddenly hear a bunch of doors slamming outside.
One of the others waiting gets wild eyes and heads for the door.
The Police are there too meet him.

Guess his background check left something to be desired...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clark Brothers in Warrenton, Va. I don’t think a thing has changed in 50+ years. Quite overpriced, but NOVA has a lot of money.

My brother and I went there religiously. Too young to purchase guns and ammo, but a friend of my dad’s would allow us to buy ammo and shoot on the range as long as we brought back all the empties before we left.

You couldn’t pay me to shoot there today though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A guy here walked into our LGS, asked to see a Ruger 357, opened the cylinder, stuffed one round in and offed himself.

I didn't know one human could contain that much blood.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
An old timer was bent over looking in the handgun display cases and ripped a huge fart. He stood up, excused himself, and said he meant to belch instead! LOL! Another time a LEO friend came into the store with a handgun wrapped in a towel and was offering it around saying he needed a set of finger prints on it! Did see a guy come in and ask if he could buy just 1 round of ammo, sad!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Showing up to pick up only pistol I ever ordered. I immediately knew I'd screwed myself. It was a Beretta 92s Italian LE trade in. The sights were a joke. Rear notch was very small, front blade was maybe a 1/16 tall. Just had cataracts removed 6 months earlier. Only way I could shoot it was in perfect lighting ,& then it was a strain. Was in stellar condition, but got sold quickly due to my disgust.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
A guy here walked into our LGS, asked to see a Ruger 357, opened the cylinder, stuffed one round in and offed himself.

A LGS, pawn shop around here had similar experience. Guy asked to see a .410 shotgun. He loaded a shell, & shot the man on other side of counter killing him. This was 10 yrs ago, but I didn't see it first hand.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Damn, your life never got any better than that did it.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by weaselsRus

To bad he thought that was the only way out.

Blood is like oil, one drop goes a long ways.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Worked behind the counter all high school and college. Had three accidental discharges from customers, one 9mm right between my feet. Another 45 ACP “close by” and a Browning FN Safari 308 through the roof.

Had a very well dressed gentleman come in and say “I’ll take that one...and that one....those two there.....” on and on till he had about 25 long guns and pistols picked out. He could pay cash for it. Turns out he was royalty from Kuwait if I remember, in Atlanta on business. Obviously not a US citizen...my boss about cried.

Waited on Ted Nugent one time. He was looking for a particular S&W 357 pistol that we didn’t have....but I had a matching pair personally. Told him if he’d come back tomorrow, I’d sell him one of mine. He did, and I did. Nothing like his TV persona back then. Genuinely a nice guy, not over the top in any way, kind...just a great guy.

Had a nice girl come in and request a 12 gauge that her boyfriend might would want and be happy with...said it was for his birthday. We picked out a Remington. She also purchased a box of shells to go with it. Thanked me for helping her out and walked out the door. She promptly took a shell out, loaded the shotgun and blew her head off in front of our store.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Just the usual stuff, everyone under 30 working there is ex spec ops, special naval warfare, eagle scout

Any over 40 weighs 500 pounds

And nobody knows wtf they have to sell or where it is.

"Excuse me, what is that Sauer 100 chambered in" - polite customer...."tha what? Could ya point to where it is?.....oh that!....ya that's the only sig rifle we gots..." - dumb fatass guy working behind the counter

That's a legit scenario too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I worked in one for six years. WAY too many tales to relate here. One:

Reloading counter. Guy asks me "What's the fastest powder?" I told him Bullseye. He says "Gimme a pound."

Getting a bit apprehensive, I asked. "So what do you plan to reload?"

"My .30-06. And I want it to go the fastest."

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Damn, your life never got any better than that did it.........

That’s the ultimate

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Going to John Walls in Blairstown Mo. with my dad and grandad. The shop used to occupy most of one side of the main street through town. Remingtons in one building,Winchester's in another,Ruger in another and so on. Go to the appropriate building and start looking for the caliber,model,grade,etc that you wanted til you found the one you liked. Then go see John and make a deal. It is long since gone now,but it used to be the best place around to buy guns.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
248 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,935 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.