Dirt and hair add texture.

LOL
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Buck52
Not sure if this has been posted, but a quick way to quarter.

https://www.outdooredge.com/blogs/n...?mc_cid=a07253702e&mc_eid=ce6a7a63cf

Pretty much how beasts are cut up beside the road, and it seriously pisses cockies off to find cattle left like that...if you are stealing someone's stock then at least have the courtesy to take more than the wheels.

Not how I process game.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I did not watch it all. That is a phuqued up way of doing it. Waste of meat and I believe we owe it to the animal to salvage as much of the carcass as possible. One of the reasons I preferred a head or high neck shot(much to the chagrin of some on this site) ,if I was close enough with my 30/30 was to be able to keep the hide in pristine condition as I had all my elk hides tanned. Videos like these are one of the reasons hunters get such bad press from liberals and eco warrior wannabes!

I have seen that done many times and it is bullshit!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Not all texture is positive...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by UpTop
Wanton waste charge in Alaska.

Bullshit.

the outfitter I hunted with in Alaska took photo's of the animals that were dressed out ....for that very reason.....bob

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Ralphie
100% legal in Wyoming. There are also legit reasons here for doing it quickly.

Yep! This is nothing more than the gutless method as recommended by the Wyoming game and fish. Meat left after this method is not considered wanton waste. Hunt in close proximity to lower 48 grizzly for a while and they will teach you why it is a good method.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
How many states require you to pack out all the meat before you can pack out the antlers? I've heard of it but it's not the case in Idaho.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I did not watch it all. That is a phuqued up way of doing it. Waste of meat and I believe we owe it to the animal to salvage as much of the carcass as possible. One of the reasons I preferred a head or high neck shot(much to the chagrin of some on this site) ,if I was close enough with my 30/30 was to be able to keep the hide in pristine condition as I had all my elk hides tanned. Videos like these are one of the reasons hunters get such bad press from liberals and eco warrior wannabes!

I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Perhaps you should actually watch the damn video before judging these guys. You sound like a liberal eco warrior wannabe. And frankly, you sound like an ignorant ass hole.

Dude, in all fairness , blow it out your ass!

Fairness? You state that you didn't watch the video, then went on to judge the guys. You wouldn't know fairness if it was sucking you off in the men's room again.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Buck52
Not sure if this has been posted, but a quick way to quarter.

https://www.outdooredge.com/blogs/n...?mc_cid=a07253702e&mc_eid=ce6a7a63cf

Pretty much how beasts are cut up beside the road, and it seriously pisses cockies off to find cattle left like that...if you are stealing someone's stock then at least have the courtesy to take more than the wheels.

Not how I process game.

Video shows the best practices for a poacher. Laffin.

Nothing wrong with ripping wheels off fast. If I was in big bear country. I wouldn’t linger very long to get every vittle. Especially on a shot made at last legal light.

The dude could have easily shown how to use the hide to protect the meat from the ground when he rolled it.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Wrap it in a blue tarp, strap it down to the Yuppie-Rack plugged into the receiver hitch and continue adding flavor with gravel dust and diesel fumes while the meat also bathes in it's own condensation sweat inside the tarp.

Vehicular Yummification.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Like normal, ^^^this dude^^^ is correct. I have speed quartered elk in grizzly country for get this......experience with grizzly bears on carcasses.

The video was from Colorado and I don't know the laws there but in several states (most certainly NOT Alaska), how that elk was taken care of is perfectly legal. You all may not like it, but it is legal in some places. The guy also said he'd be taking some of the neck and brisket, but they stopped the video short of that. Assuming he takes "all" of the neck he'd be legal in New Mexico too, from what I understand.

In states where I don't need to legally take the rib and brisket meat I often don't unless I am fairly close to a road, and I sure as hell won't apologize for it. Something will eat it. I hunt solo 99.9% of the time and I am not going to make another 5 mile trip for meat that's been oxidized and turned brown and nasty. Yes it can be ground up and I'd never notice. Call me an asshöle. I don't care. If it is an easy pack out and certainly if I get the critter out whole then I for sure use all rib and brisket meat.

Last edited by T_Inman; 11/21/20. Reason: clarity

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
How many states require you to pack out all the meat before you can pack out the antlers? I've heard of it but it's not the case in Idaho.

Alaska is the only state that I am aware of.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You are correct about NM.

What he did in the video is pretty much what we’ve been doing for years. Funny to see the holier than though statements, the video was showing how to quickly take off quarters, not how to salvage the entire animal.

Originally Posted by T_Inman

Like normal, ^^^this dude^^^ is correct. I have speed quartered elk in grizzly country for get this......experience with grizzly bears on carcasses.

The video was from Colorado and I don't know the laws there but in several states (most certainly NOT Alaska), how that elk was taken care of is perfectly legal. You all may not like it, but it is legal in some places. The guy also said he'd be taking some of the neck and brisket, but they stopped the video short of that. Assuming he takes "all" of the neck he'd be legal in New Mexico too, from what I understand.

In states where I don't need to legally take the rib and brisket meat I often don't unless I am fairly close to a road, and I sure as hell won't apologize for it. Something will eat it. I am not going to make another 5 mile trip for meat that's been oxidized and turned brown. Yes it can be ground up and I'd never notice. Call me an asshöle. I don't care. If it is an easy pack out and certainly if I get the critter out whole then I for sure use all rib and brisket meat.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
[quote=Ralphie]100% legal in Wyoming. There are also legit reasons here for doing it quickly.

In states where I don't need to legally take the rib and brisket meat I often don't unless I am fairly close to a road, and I sure as hell won't apologize for it. Something will eat it. I hunt solo 99.9% of the time and I am not going to make another 5 mile trip for meat that's been oxidized and turned brown and nasty. Yes it can be ground up and I'd never notice. Call me an asshöle. I don't care. If it is an easy pack out and certainly if I get the critter out whole then I for sure use all rib and brisket meat.
[/quotthThis. I get all the meat I can,but the rib cage, and the meat there in is getting kicked down the hill. I don't grind any wild game, so it is useless. I am to the point now, that I bone every thing out. I pack no bones home, except the horns, no matter if I am hunting with my horses, or using a back pack. Sometimes time is essential. This fall my boy killed a really nice muledeer. Thick with grizzly bears, but pretty open. Rule is, one guy bones the critter, the other guy watches for bears. We got the deer boned out, and packed out on our pack horse. The next morning we got some really good pics, and video through the spotting scope of a big griz on the carcass.

Last edited by atse; 11/21/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byron

Yep! This is nothing more than the gutless method as recommended by the Wyoming game and fish. Meat left after this method is not considered wanton waste. Hunt in close proximity to lower 48 grizzly for a while and they will teach you why it is a good method.

Yeah, because Alaska bears are better, fewer in number, vegetarian? Or maybe in Wyoming the "closer to the bone the sweeter the meat" does not apply...

The results of the video butchering would easily earn you a wanton waste ticket here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Alaska is the only state that I am aware of.

+1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by byron

Yeah, because Alaska bears are better, fewer in number, vegetarian? Or maybe in Wyoming the "closer to the bone the sweeter the meat" does not apply...

The results of the video butchering would easily earn you a wanton waste ticket here.

From what I have read and heard, your bears are a little more educated than ours. Y'all have not had to put up with their nonsense like we have. How many bears in Alaska are relocated when they get into trouble? I think your bears have been taught a little more respect?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Once again Ted is usually right. 😂😂 well said Ted

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM
You are correct about NM.

What he did in the video is pretty much what we’ve been doing for years. Funny to see the holier than though statements, the video was showing how to quickly take off quarters, not how to salvage the entire animal.

In states where I don't need to legally take the rib and brisket meat I often don't unless I am fairly close to a road, and I sure as hell won't apologize for it. Something will eat it. I am not going to make another 5 mile trip for meat that's been oxidized and turned brown. Yes it can be ground up and I'd never notice. Call me an asshöle. I don't care. If it is an easy pack out and certainly if I get the critter out whole then I for sure use all rib and brisket meat.

It’s the www we have some elite studs on here!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

^^^^^^^^

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,877 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.