Print Thread
Hop To
Trolls #15440976 11/22/20
P
phil223 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

Imagine that your life was so empty, so sad, so pointless, that you had nothing better to do than write comments meant to incite, dissuade, anger, offend, insult, or bring down a total stranger.

Imagine that you never made anything of yourself, you never attained your goals, you never got what you wanted. You know you should have done better, you should have made more of an effort, but you didn’t.

Now imagine you see others doing things you cannot, like writing a coherent and thoughtful opinion without insults, profanity, or anger.

You only grow more angry, more empty, more hateful. You become what you were destined to be all along, life’s lowliest creature...

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

BP-B2

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15440982 11/22/20
S
Slavek Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
S
I did notice that some board members are not able to deal with reality.

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441003 11/22/20
D
dye7barrel Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Some people need more hobbies

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441277 11/22/20
A
ackleydave Offline
A
Ironic that a troll trolls a thread about the definition of a troll. 🙄

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441286 11/22/20
S
skeen Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
S
Originally Posted by phil223
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

Imagine that your life was so empty, so sad, so pointless, that you had nothing better to do than write comments meant to incite, dissuade, anger, offend, insult, or bring down a total stranger.

Imagine that you never made anything of yourself, you never attained your goals, you never got what you wanted. You know you should have done better, you should have made more of an effort, but you didn’t.

Now imagine you see others doing things you cannot, like writing a coherent and thoughtful opinion without insults, profanity, or anger.

You only grow more angry, more empty, more hateful. You become what you were destined to be all along, life’s lowliest creature...

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

Huh. To be fair, that describes about half the folks on the 'fire.

IC-A

Re: Trolls [Re: skeen] #15441295 11/22/20
I
ISRO Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by skeen
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

I'd venture to say 2/3 of the campers

Re: Trolls [Re: ISRO] #15441321 11/22/20
L
LeroyBeans Offline
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
L
Originally Posted by ISRO
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

I'll see your 2/3's and up you another 3/10s. That's 0.967 of the total,

Say Good Bye to Donald; he's gone. Gone like a '57 Cadillac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-R9odBFWo&ab_channel=TheMusicMan4111
Re: Trolls [Re: LeroyBeans] #15441337 11/22/20
irfubar Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

Yet you and the other trolls never post pic's, tell stories , share gun & hunting info etc..... true internet wanna be basement dwellers in my book... congrats the OP is describing you.... lmao

A good conservative will give you the shirt off his back.

A good liberal will give you the shirt off someone else's back.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441338 11/22/20
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
G
what is the lineage of trolls? weren't they from norway originally? or was it iceland?

Re: Trolls [Re: Gus] #15441349 11/22/20
T
tndrbstr Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Gus
what is the lineage of trolls? weren't they from norway originally? or was it iceland?

I thought it was Notre Dame.

IC-B

Re: Trolls [Re: LeroyBeans] #15441445 11/22/20
C
cfran Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

A TROLL

Copied from Parler
And I liked it

And how ironic you show up here. . .

Worthless by any definition.

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441470 11/22/20
I
IZH27 Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
The trolls don’t concern me. Two have posted on this thread but I can’t see what they have said because they are blocked.

What I find inconceivable is the IDIOTS who respond to them.

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441473 11/22/20
J
jmdriver Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Worst part is that they only have a “voice” over a computer connection. Worthless pussies incapable of fitting in with society. Scared of their own shadows outside Grandmas house.

Re: Trolls [Re: tndrbstr] #15441487 11/22/20
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
G
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Gus

ga beat nd last year in football i think. pretty recently overall.

but before notre dame i think they controlled who could cross bridges, and who couldn't?

i mean, if a bridge is blocked, how could we determine if a troll was involved in the blocking?

was billy goat gruff a troll, or was he just another goat trying to make a living by taxing bridge crossings?

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441505 11/22/20
Fireball2 Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
IMAGINE BEING A TROLL:

Is steelhead posting again?

LOL
Re: Trolls [Re: Gus] #15441513 11/22/20
T
tndrbstr Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

but before notre dame i think they controlled who could cross bridges, and who couldn't?

i mean, if a bridge is blocked, how could we determine if a troll was involved in the blocking?

was billy goat gruff a troll, or was he just another goat trying to make a living by taxing bridge crossings?

My mistake, I was thinking Gargoyles. But Notre dame does have bridges so who knows!

Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441541 11/22/20
280shooter Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most suffer from a lifetime of poor decisions. It's always the fault of someone else. That's why jealousy and envy are such an easy sell for their betters.

Go Broncos!
Re: Trolls [Re: phil223] #15441603 11/22/20
Mannlicher Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
most of the 'fire folks pride themselves on being played by a troll like a Stradivarius violin.

Sam......

Re: Trolls [Re: tndrbstr] #15441608 11/22/20
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
G
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

My mistake, I was thinking Gargoyles. But Notre dame does have bridges so who knows!

lol. i think gargoyles are probably kin to trolls, maybe they designed the trolls, i don't know?

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
174 registered members (440coronet, 35, 405joe, 01Foreman400, 1911a1, 17 invisible), 1,154 guests, and 768 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.