S
i see there's another thread, thats OK its worth it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Two things to take away from that video.

1. In my state anyhow, trespassing on private property consists of a legally necessary warning, then removal by arrest. They were told to leave at least a dozen times, and chose to ignore the order. They clearly weren't sure what they should do, hence standing around with a confused look, then using their phones to call in for additional orders (likely because most folks just cower to their "authority".)

The law enforcement officers, as well as the health inspector blatantly violated the constitutional rights (Forth Amendment) of the owner(s,) and should be reprimanded, if not criminally charged. Which of course won't happen, I know.

2. This is probably the most important take away in my eyes: There were multiple people resisting. At least four, but I didn't watch that closely. That's important, because had it simply been the owner vs. the four government representatives, the outcome would have been vastly different. Likely the protesting owner would have been arrested for "obstruction," or some other very vague charge. There is safety in numbers when it comes to passively resisting government tyranny, which this clearly is an example of. Additionally, the fact that several people were recording the interaction, and moreover, the owner being aware of his RIGHTS, didn't hurt either.

And frankly, I would expect this behavior from the state police or a large city agency, but I'm disappointed in the Sheriff's Office for partaking this clearly anti-constutional violation of the owners' liberties. Shameful. They should resign immediately.

Look for more of these interactions to take place in the future.

...and in closing, those people now have a target on their backs and should watch each and every move they make. Law Enforcement will try to individually isolate them during any future encounters (i.e. traffic stops.)

Last edited by J23; 11/22/20.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It was a beautiful thing to see.... KUDOS to that group...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
It was a beautiful thing to see.... KUDOS to that group...

+1

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Remember the same beloved police we support will shît all over your rights.

You’ll be cuffed, beaten, tased or shot before any of that is sorted out.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by J23

1. In my state anyhow, trespassing on private property consists of a legally necessary warning, then removal by arrest. They were told to leave at least a dozen times, and chose to ignore the order. They clearly weren't sure what they should do, hence standing around with a confused look, then using their phones to call in for additional orders (likely because most folks just cower to their "authority".)

The law enforcement officers, as well as the health inspector blatantly violated the constitutional rights (Forth Amendment) of the owner(s,) and should be reprimanded, if not criminally charged. Which of course won't happen, I know.

2. This is probably the most important take away in my eyes: There were multiple people resisting. At least four, but I didn't watch that closely. That's important, because had it simply been the owner vs. the four government representatives, the outcome would have been vastly different. Likely the protesting owner would have been arrested for "obstruction," or some other very vague charge. There is safety in numbers when it comes to passively resisting government tyranny, which this clearly is an example of. Additionally, the fact that several people were recording the interaction, and moreover, the owner being aware of his RIGHTS, didn't hurt either.

And frankly, I would expect this behavior from the state police or a large city agency, but I'm disappointed in the Sheriff's Office for partaking this clearly anti-constutional violation of the owners' liberties. Shameful. They should resign immediately.

...and in closing, those people now have a target on their backs and should watch each and every move they make. Law Enforcement will try to individually isolate them during any future encounters (i.e. traffic stops.)

And how do the circumstances change when the trespassers are confronted, and it is discovered that they are armed, and then they refuse the order to leave? At what point does a do-nothing cop become an armed felon who is on your property and threatening your life?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
With current trend of judges , and possible Biden as president I figure a good many of us are going to become felons .
And the media will continue to ignore the unjust arresting of law abiding citizens.
Kenneth

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
that's great.....KAG

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by J23

And how do the circumstances change when the trespassers are confronted, and it is discovered that they are armed, and then they refuse the order to leave? At what point does a do-nothing cop become an armed felon who is on your property and threatening your life?

At the minimum, the business owners should have told the cops that they faced citizen's arrest for trespassing.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Defund the police!

Eh, I mean....the health department people. Don’t waste cop time on this bullshit

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Police officials should first avail themselves of the law before doing crap like this and coming off as idiots. But there is a bright side I think. Citizens in ANY other country would not have been able to do what these guys did...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
My take is the deputies didn’t really want to be there, but had to be to support the health dept lady. It was her show. I’m not sure what their uniform policy is, but they may have even been given this assignment and decided to wear civies for a reason.
Look at the one guy with his hands in his pockets. He clearly doesn’t want to be there and isn’t willing to do any more than he is.

I don’t know what proclamation or executive order the health dept thought they were enforcing. They didn’t appear to breach any area that isn’t otherwise open to the public, while possibly making an attempt to enforce, or support the health dept. to enforce, a law or ordnance. They didn’t push the issue or get more units to the location. The juice wasn’t worth the squeeze.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 75 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,659
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.