D
Any reason not to? Who has one?

Buy once, cry once.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'd try one in a heartbeat. The owner of Larue tactical used one to place first in the Arfcom "moa all day long" challenge. He averaged .340 MOA for (5) 5 shot groups. If you like accuracy, it may be worth looking into. By the way, the second place shooter was also shooting a Larue tactical. I'm not sure if anyone here shot a Larue tactical in our moa all day long challenge. May be worth a look though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have a LaRue PredatAR which is a pencil barrel and it pretty accurate for what it is. The Stealth is supposed to be extremely accurate but they are heavy.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I have a LaRue PredatAR which is a pencil barrel and it pretty accurate for what it is. The Stealth is supposed to be extremely accurate but they are heavy.

Even though the PredatAR has a lighter barrel profile, they are supposed to shoot very well. The second place shooter at the moa all day long challenge, I mentioned at arfcom, was using a predatAR barrel. Other shooters in the top 10 were using Larue barrels.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't own a La Rue. Never will.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495

Why not?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Any reason not to? Who has one?

No reason not to, at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by skeen

Why not?

2 words.................Mark LaRue.

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on LaRue winning any kind of serious & honestly run shootoff today unless someone went through a lot of barrels to find one to enter with.

LaRue would only win if no one else showed up.

But that's not to say that they are not very good products, because they are, all of them.

JMHO, YMMV

MM

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have a stealth barrel, easily 1/2" groups

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
How can you go wrong when it has "tactical", "stealth" and "sniper" in the title? All they missed was "operator".

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by badwolf
Have a stealth barrel, easily 1/2" groups

Very nice. Thats all im going to say.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Laughin' here......................if you go over to Sniper's Hide, virtually every gun owned by anyone there is 1/2 MOA, all day, every day.

Didn't quite seem to work that way here in the BR Challenge.....................

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Why not?

I wouldn't bet a lot of money on LaRue winning any kind of serious & honestly run shootoff today unless someone went through a lot of barrels to find one to enter with.

But that's not to say that they are not very good products, because they are, all of them.

JMHO, YMMV

MM

Fairly close to what I'd say if I could bring myself to say it. I just have a bit of behind the scene knowledge and lets just say it irritates me how things are done and while a good product the bottom line is to make the most with the least and thats something that will bite you now and then. Makes NO sense to me to just not use better things instead of sorting. But most people really don't need more than moa and moa can be had with dang near any tube these days.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Why not?

JMHO, YMMV

MM

Fairly close to what I'd say if I could bring myself to say it. I just have a bit of behind the scene knowledge and lets just say it irritates me how things are done and while a good product the bottom line is to make the most with the least and thats something that will bite you now and then. Makes NO sense to me to just not use better things instead of sorting. But most people really don't need more than moa and moa can be had with dang near any tube these days.

At least when we are talking 3 shot groups huh buddy?

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Laughin' here......................if you go over to Sniper's Hide, virtually every gun owned by anyone there is 1/2 MOA, all day, every day.

Didn't quite seem to work that way here in the BR Challenge.....................

MM

Oh no, you didn't.. Had to bring that chit up again...
grin

I've been beaten down by the consensus here (at the fire) that it's only the first shot that counts and 3 shot groups are all you need to verify accuracy and precision... No one wants to play the 10 shot group challenge here... What was it? 8 shooters, in each challenge, that could prove their chidt was sub moa or even moa. You were one of them. We know who the other 7 were too.. Its been a while since I looked at those threads, but if I remember right, there were well over 60,000 views for the moa all day long challenge and, surprisingly, almost 1/2 a million (over 350,000) views of the black rifle challenge thread. My guess is there's over 100,000 people trying to decide on whether or not they want to participate. Of those people, a fair amount of them figure its just easier to say their rifles shoot "sub moa", "moa" or even more laughable "1/2 moa"... Just hand them their participation trophy and move on, don't bring it up anymore because guys cry about such things. It hurts their ego's or something... There's far too many expert handloaders here too that have 1/2 moa loads, but somehow can't seem to prove it.. Much like in the threads you mention.. Hell, maybe I'll add an entry I shot with my Northtech defense a few months ago. .693 moa I believe, from a cheap azzed Windham Weaponry barrel.. That would give the new guys, that say their rifles shoot 1/2 moa, a chance to prove it..

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Heck BSA, had to be at least 300,000 views from guys you sent links to...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The other lot were there for the laughs and stupidity.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Heck BSA, had to be at least 300,000 views from guys you sent links to...

Yeah, but not too many takers. There's a lot of "1/2 moa" shooters around, until you confront them. I see it in local competition as well. I guess its just human nature. We all know the guys that think those threads are "stupid", as in the last poster, can't shoot for chidt. He'll claim he can, but can't prove it..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
#knowitall

#iliketohearmyselftalk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like to limit my shot groups to 3 rounds, 2 is even better. Mostly because the more rounds I shoot, the mo' bigger my group sizes gets. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,702 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.