Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Everyone’s eyes are as different as fingerprints.
I have compared the two several times.
To me;
Ergonomics and warranty go to the Swarovskis, no question..
Optically, the Leicas win.

MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Anaconda

Totally agree. Only thing I’d add is the Leica build is also more robust.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Brad

Will also add that Leicas have smaller dimensions than other comparable glass. A Leica ultravid 8X42 is just a tad bigger than most other companies 8x32.

Spence

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by spence1875
Will also add that Leicas have smaller dimensions than other comparable glass. A Leica ultravid 8X42 is just a tad bigger than most other companies 8x32.

Spence

True that. I'm a backpack hunter, and have no need for an obnoxious "bino harness"... I tuck the 8x32's under my left arm and go. KISS

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by horse1
I wish someone put an LRF aboard an 8x32..........
I'm with ya.'

I would pay full retail for some EL ranges with angle compensation in the 8x32 for bow hunting.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I have yet to see a Swaro that I liked better than a comparable Leica.

MM

Break them both and then say that... Swarovski’s customer service is second to none. Leica is basically none.

I’m under 40(barely) I figure I will need some factory support in the next 30 years of my hunting career

Last edited by Mjduct; 11/21/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mjduct
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I have yet to see a Swaro that I liked better than a comparable Leica.

MM

Break them both and then say that... Swarovski’s customer service is second to none. Leica is basically none.

I’m under 40(barely) I figure I will need some factory support in the next 30 years of my hunting career

Good news about Leica, you likely won’t need service. You’ll definitely need service with the more lightly built EL’s.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've tried a slew of 8x32's including the one's mentioned by the OP. Swaro outsells Leica probably 20:1 for good reason.........CS, warranty, ergonomics, superp optics, and the most generous eye relief of any 8x32 that I'm aware of. Just my opinion.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

True that. I'm a backpack hunter, and have no need for an obnoxious "bino harness"... I tuck the 8x32's under my left arm and go. KISS

Yessssss.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Good news about Leica, you likely won’t need service. You’ll definitely need service with the more lightly built EL’s.

Sigh..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Sigh..........

Casey, not talking about the SLC’s (which I’ve owned)... talking about the EL’s which have somewhat flimsy eyepieces.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've tried a slew of 8x32's including the one's mentioned by the OP. Swaro outsells Leica probably 20:1 for good reason.........CS, warranty, ergonomics, superp optics, and the most generous eye relief of any 8x32 that I'm aware of. Just my opinion.

The rolling ball 35% of us experience using Swarovision can’t be called “superb optics.”

If they work for you, they’re great. But for a lot of us they suck. I do like the EL’s ergonomics and Swarovski’s easy customer service. However, Leica is improving their service slowly by all accounts.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Like I said, they outsell Leica 20:1, so it must not be that much of an issue. Leica still needs to update their pathetic warranty as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like I said, they outsell Leica 20:1, so it must not be that much of an issue. Leica still needs to update their pathetic warranty as well.

They outsell because of their pro-deals, product placement, and grandiose aesthetics. That’s called brilliant marketing, which no one would accuse Leica of.

For actual hard use bino’s, pass the Leica and leave Swarovski to making crystal for well heeled Saudis...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Glad they work for you. Leica has a repair department like everyone else, for the same reason. They outsell because Leica can't make a better product. Case in point, he new Swaro Pure NL has killed the sales of Leica's newest wonder bino, the Noctovid, and it has killed the Zeiss' SF sales as well. Everyone plays catchup with Swaro in the premium glass department. Just the way it is. Ask any retail optics seller and they'll confirm that Swaro outsells all the other "alpha" makers combined, quite easily. If I were in the market to day I'd personally take the meostar HD over all of them. I feel it's the best combo of toughness (easily as tough as the Leica Trinovid I carried for 15 years), optics, customer support, and warranty.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol, there’s nothing quite like a true believer.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Brad I like them both but like you feel Leica is the bino king all round but swaro and Zeiss are right there as well.

Remember all the Zen Ray true believers back in the day. On and on about how great they were for the price, as good as the alphas Blah blah, Lifetime warranty and then poof that company was gone in a flash.

I bet they lost their religion. Be safe all. Spence

Last edited by spence1875; 11/22/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That’s all about marketing not the better product. Every large scale sporting goods retailer has a fancy and devoted Swaro display and a decent selection of products. It’s hard to even find a pair of Leicas for a guy to check them out.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have 8x30 SLCs, a million hours on then I'll bet. 3 years ago I switched to some 42mm glass because I wanted ranging ability. I sure wish Leica or someone else made ranging binos in 30-32mm size

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Leica is definitely more compact. I do not have the 8x32’s, but do have the Leica 7x42 HD. The reason I chose the Leica was the size.
But on the flip side, I picked the Zeiss 8x32’s over the Leica for my wife. I actually thought the Zeiss being a little large were more user friendly.
Durability and optical “best” can be subjective to the handler and viewer. But, my 7x42 Leica still amaze me in both areas.
I am not brand biased, I have a few Swarovski scopes that I like Lots.

Originally Posted by spence1875

Spence

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,109
Posts18,464,293
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.