Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Google research has me not much farther ahead than before I started, as to either psi needed or reliable brands. I have eliminated a couple brands from reviews. (and there may be a reason they are on Craigslist....)

I'll be washing cars frequently , doing sidewalks, blasting out mud from the ATVs, and prepping wood siding for re-staining. Wife wants to retain basic same color on the siding, only lighter (It's pretty dark brown now.)

I know Dewalt 3000 or higher will do it, but kinda spendy, and I don't need contractor grade stuff. Probably...

I'm hesitent to buy anything used, except maybe Dewalt, and I don't see many of those.

What PSI/gpm should I be considering, particularly the psi - how low can I go on this and get the job done? I'm thinking probably not under 2500?

Brands? Not paying shipping from Amazon or E-bay (if even avail to AK) so forget that.

I'm looking maybe Ryobi from local HD - especially if a Black Friday deal. There's a couple 3K in stock , more in Anchorage - 150 miles away.

Your input positive and negative is welcomed.

This would be cold water, only.

Last edited by las; 11/22/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
They are all basically the same...in my experience.

Gpm also matters a great deal.

Big pressure with low gpm is gayer'n aids.

I like honda motors.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
If you're not using it frequently then anything powered by a Honda GC 190 will do just fine. It will last for years. Here is a link to pressure washer direct. I had a pressure washer powered by a 7 hp Subaru industrial engine and Cat 5 pump and I sold it and recently tried an el cheapo powered by the Honda GC 190. Honestly, I couldn't tell an appreciable difference between the two.

https://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/power/honda-gc190-engine-pressure-washers.html

Last edited by Tarquin; 11/22/20.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agree with the above. Whatever brand you get with a Honda motor should be good. If it's going to sit long between uses be sure to run the gas out of it for storage.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a GC190

I bought it at an auction site, site unseen. Got it home and the engine was locked up. Took it apart, got a rachet on it and unseized the motor. Poured some oil in it, it started on the 5th or 6th crank. Been using it regularly, always started on the second pull now. Doesn't smoke or burn oil.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only advice I have is, be careful with anything over 2000psi. Very easy to blow paint off siding and vehicles.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
Google research has me not much farther ahead than before I started, as to either psi needed or reliable brands. I have eliminated a couple brands from reviews. (and there may be a reason they are on Craigslist....)

I'll be washing cars frequently , doing sidewalks, blasting out mud from the ATVs, and prepping wood siding for re-staining. Wife wants to retain basic same color on the siding, only lighter (It's pretty dark brown now.)

I know Dewalt 3000 or higher will do it, but kinda spendy, and I don't need contractor grade stuff. Probably...

I'm hesitent to buy anything used, except maybe Dewalt, and I don't see many of those.

What PSI/gpm should I be considering, particularly the psi - how low can I go on this and get the job done? I'm thinking probably not under 2500?

Brands? Not paying shipping from Amazon or E-bay (if even avail to AK) so forget that.

I'm looking maybe Ryobi from local HD - especially if a Black Friday deal. There's a couple 3K in stock , more in Anchorage - 150 miles away.

Your input positive and negative is welcomed.

This would be cold water, only.

Bought a dewalt years ago with a honda motor. No problems, just gave it to my son. (can get it back if I need it)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honda engine and CAT pump.

You can rebuild it.

Years back i bought a pressure washer from HD. Honda engine but a non serviceable pump.

Still got a good motor....

Of doing something hard to damage, concrete, bricks....

Get on of the Turbo rotating nozzles......

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Same as above. Make sure it has a Cat brand pump. If it has a Honda gx180 even better.
Have an old dewalt plus another I can’t recall the name of but I bought it at Virginia pressure washer.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Used a Honda on decks, furniture, etc. this summer worked great. Think our contractor got it at Sam's Club for under $200.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If you’re in an area with freezing temps they make some winterizer you hook up to the hose inlet and spray in it. I run non ethanol in all our small engines if possible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We have a Work Pro MiTM brand(?), it's out in the garage. 200 Honda GX engine, runs great, 5-6 years old.

When winterizing we cycle RV antifreeze through the pump. Let it pressure up, spray a couple seconds, repeat a few times.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’ve had a vortexx for a couple years now, 4000 psi,4gpm. Does good on anything from washing a truck to washing the concrete drive off.
https://vortexxpressurewashers.com/product/professional-4000-psi-pressure-washer/

Ronnie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had an old codger call my office one day wanted to know why all of his neighbors needed “water pressure intensification devices” to wash their pickups and driveways. Because in Arizona where he previously lived, his shower would peel the skin off his back.

Guess he never lived next to a bunch of folks that like to keel their homes and vehicles clean.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If you’re in an area with freezing temps they make some winterizer you hook up to the hose inlet and spray in it. I run non ethanol in all our small engines if possible.

I bring mine in and park it under the mini pool table

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
And the rifle is for if it pisses you off? smile

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by las

I use a pressure washer occasionally for paint prep, cleaning the boat, driveway, wash down house, etc. Mine is 2600 at 2.3 gpm, low end Honda motor that I picked up used from a neighbor. It probably came from one of the big box stores. I'm happy with it.....seems plenty. It will certainly peel failed paint and grime for paint prep with a 25 degree nozzle, and with a zero degree nozzle maybe bore a hole in a sidewalk.

I had a guy who uses pressure washers in his business tell me that the big box units with the throw away pumps last about 1000 hours and that I needed to spend a pile on a commercial grade machine or just rent one. He would fit right in around here! 1000 hours is a loooong time when you only use it once in a while.

Last edited by RJY66; 11/22/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I bring mine in and park it under the mini pool table

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

John Deere pressure washer ??????????

Damm.........

Gotta call the neighbor girl....she's 18 now........

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/26/49/5c/26495ca7c7637338a02c2b6c6e8dabb0.jpg?b=t[/img]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If she needs a pressure washer you better pass that one by.

Stick withe tractor models. smile

Last edited by las; 11/22/20.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What ever brand you get make sure it has a Triplex pump on it, stay away from the Axial Cam pumps.

Retired and Loving It!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
142 members (257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 18 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,659
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.