Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta love grass fed beef.

What a deal.

Sell a substasndard product that was cheap to produce,
for a premium.

But look who buys it.

City people.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Never had a bad steak at Outback. Ruth’s Chris is my favorite.

As to “chains”...this ^^^

The best steakhouse I have ever eaten at period...is Charley’s Steakhouse in Orlando, FL. There is a sister to it in Tampa...can’t vouch for that one.

Last edited by ledvm; 11/22/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a breed of cattle in Argentina that does cut well grass fed. Last time I was in Cordoba...ate grass-fed steaks in a steakhouse downtown there—was as good as good grain finished beef in the US.

I was surprised as my Dad is a rancher and we commercially feed as well as have our own home ranch feedlot.

In the states...all good beef is all grain finished.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't bother to watch the video, did Sizzler win?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
H
H
Out of the run of the mill steak houses, We go to Texas Roadhouse because it's consistently good and everything on the menu if pretty dang good. As was mentioned, their ribs and dang good too and the rolls are great as well. Now that I think of it, I have to throw in their potato skins and loaded sweet potato. Longhorn has a good steak as well but the sides and other stuff don't compare to TR to me. As far as higher end steak houses, I've not eaten at any of the main brands like Ruth's Chris or Morton's. I did go to a Don Shula's and I thought the steak was very good.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dad told me a story recently. He took Mom to some steakhouse in Dallas. The Negress waitress was going over the specials and one of them was a delicious "Black Anus" steak. Dad asked her to repeat that since he's a bit hard of hearing. She said: "Yes, Black Anus." Dad replied: "that's what I thought you said." He told me it took a mighty effort not to bust out laughing.

Last edited by High_Noon; 11/22/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
HitnRun
No...but that’s where I bought my hats! Our office was in Chase Bldg and Leddy’s was just downstairs and around the corner. So that’s where we’d usually end up but have shopped w them a bit at stores in Stockyards.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The best steaks I have had out are Ruth Chris, Doe 's Eat Place, and The Butcher Shop. Not sure the last one is a chain. They had prime heavy beef.
The prime ones I cook at home are hard to match.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Texas Roadhouse is the best around here. Cattle Barons was excellent, ate there in Roswell, don't know if they are just in the Southwest...

You still bragging about voting for Biden? GFY prick.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Texas Roadhouse is the best around here. Cattle Barons was excellent, ate there in Roswell, don't know if they are just in the Southwest...

Let's all markdown the Wisconsin vote.

LOL

You stupid fugks wouldn't know a cheeseburger from a d i l d o.

Grew up around cattle, free tip. Angus brings a premium, but Hereford or Shorthorn steer will generally give you a little better marbling. If you're looking for good steer for the money
a Jersey dairy steer will generally cut pretty good as they are fine boned, and they are smaller so you can get a smaller half if it fits your budget better. Stay away from most of the big dairy steers, especially Holsteins, you'll wind up paying for too much bone when you buy by hanging weight.

Personally, I prefer mine finished on grain.

Big expert on beef but votes for Biden... the farmers I know didn’t do too well under EPA refs that dictate how manure is stored, amounts that can be spread on fields. Record books that had to be kept etc...
Wait til the green new deal gets signed and all out war on meat starts.

But your stupid azz voted for Biden because Trumps mean....GFY

IC B3

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
92 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 16penny, 15 invisible), 1,666 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.