Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ledvm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am laying in my camper on the ranch where we hunt deer. Just finished watching Hondo from a disc. John Wayne epitomized America when I was a kid and continued to do so for most of my young adult life. He was a great American. The Duke was actually a rather plain and simple actor as well as a human being—quite common even down to his sense.

John Wayne prided himself on calling a spade a spade. And in his day that was endearing as the population was mostly realists.

While John Wayne was loved by the right and the left of his time and a darling of the MSM in his era...I am afraid today he would be called a chauvinistic fascist. Some his moves on women in his movies...might even get him labeled a sexual predator.

There will never be another Duke and I am sad for that but what makes me even sadder is that John Wayne’s country no longer even exists.

I find myself asking every time I watch a Wayne film...what in Sam Hill went wrong???

Last edited by ledvm; 11/22/20.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I was home. What happened? What the hell happened?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen, Brother.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I do not recognize "America" today. I am surrounded by strangers. Foreigners. Freaks and reprobates. I don't hear my own dialect spoken anymore. People who should be my people have gone whoring after foreign gods. I am a stranger in the land I grew up in.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Forces and events beyond any persons control happened.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Parents let their kids go to schit, that's what happened.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pop culture, Marxist indoctrination in schools, Hollywood, Politicians etc.... the list is long

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Again I’ll ask the folk that idolize Kyle like irfubar, when are you gonna stand up and make a difference...you ain’t!

Buncha can’t cut-it-cckunts

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's the Devil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Again I’ll ask the folk that idolize Kyle like irfubar, when are you gonna stand up and make a difference...you ain’t!

It's been awhile since I had a stalker..... woohoo smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

MTV was the beginning of the end . That and the fact that the hippies of the 60s/70s are now more or less running the country. Sad...

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Craigster

MTV was the beginning of the end . That and the fact that the hippies of the 60s/70s are now more or less running the country. Sad...

Oh, it goes way farther back than that.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
It probably was still in Mexico when America was populated with Americans..

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Craigster

Trotskyites were never hippies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The breakdown of the 2 parent family.

I read somewhere that 86% of African-American children live in 1 parent homes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can try to come up with excuses but it doesn’t excuse those from other than optimal conditions that grow up with drive and a moral compass and stay out of trouble.

The more reasonable answer was posted on this forum earlier this year. The post cited a Psychiatrist that claimed only 1/3 of the population has the ability to rationalize and analyze information, the rest drink the koolaid.

There are some prime examples of koolaid drinkers on this forum. You can literally see the mathmatical breakdown of the posters theory live right here on the forum. 2/3 hammer heads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
America fundamentally changed after WWII. We were warned about the advance of the Military/Industrial Complex, but it really was too late by that time.

The greatest generation came home from their war, and took a decidedly (for the era) liberal stance. Military intervention anywhere in the world became acceptable to support our economy. Then military intervention became necessary to support our military interventions.

24/7 manufacturing, women in the workplace, and liberal educators essentially raising our children. The bonds of our society began to dissolve.

I've mentioned it several times, but I feel like 1953, and our clandestine action in deposing the president of Iran was a major turning point in our history. We overturned a democratic nation's government to position ourselves and our allies strategically better in the world oil market.
We compounded that error by putting an incompetent, insecure, and cruel autocrat in place, and supplied him with the means to viciously suppress any and all dissent from those he ruled.
All in all we're ahead on points but the game board has tilted against us and that tilt gets steeper as the stakes get higher.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In some respects, WWII never really ended for the United States.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If its any consolation all 30 or so 1st world countries are saying the same thing.

Enough things came into conjunction the last century or two for a 'once in a species change' from our usual model of Elites/Peasant class domination. Industrialisation, science, fall of the old monarchies, and 'new men' competing not just for the usual warfare and exploration, they also had to outdo other countries in agirculture, medicine, astronomy, philisophy, law, etc.

Kids arent taught today that the late 19th/20th century was an amazing race of discovery- get their first for your country. And the effect was it dragged living standards up with it.

Then we just ran out of steam, discovery became consumption, we no longer cared whether a spaceship could get to venus we wanted a ruler with a calculator on it or cheaper washing machine. The west began warmongering, selling arms and looting the 3/4 poorer areas of the world to prop up our lifestyles. The guys at the top globalised and strangled everything until it was only one area with any wealth left, their own middle class.

And now they want that too smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

87 members (264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 308xray, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,117 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,478
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.