Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Do you think they’d film a sequel these days? In San Francisco? If so, would Harry get to shoot punks?

Million to one says no, no and no.

Harry shot the wrong punks.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No. He'd have to wash their feet and kiss their ass...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The punks would slip and fall in the piles of sh...er... fecal matter.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He'd likely shoot a few politicians while while under deep cover, then retire to the South Pacific.Might even set foot instead a movie theater again, if it becomes a flick?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eastwood is waaaaay too long in the tooth. Perhaps Hollywood would cast Leonardo DeCaprio as "Dirty Harry, Jr." A well mannered cop who is "woke" and empathizes with the social justice warriors in San Francisco. Instead of shooting them, he'd have a dialogue with them, suggesting they return the money they've stolen from elderly citizens, apologize to all those whom they beat up, and then work on community projects to improve relations with all whom they've harmed.

And everyone lives happily ever after. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
SF was a schithole in those days too. remember the mayor or whatever wanted him fired. they were primed for pussification even then.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having another Dirty Harry SFPD movie where he is still the same old Harry Callahan would be a real blockbuster.

People would line up to pay to see some non-PC justice. smile

Hollywood wouldn't allow any Academy awards for it though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Have to be a black cop shooting whitey

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Having another Dirty Harry SFPD movie where he is still the same old Harry Callahan would be a real blockbuster.

People would line up to pay to see some non-PC justice. smile

Hollywood wouldn't allow any Academy awards for it though.

I suspect you are right about that. grin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nowadays the 21st century "Dirty Harry" would be more of a "Sanitary Harry". All "woke" and most likely gay. He would portray an eccentric billionaire who fights for social justice and does so voluntarily so as not to burden the defunded and budget strapped police who are nothing more than a terrorist arm of the KKK anyway. I bet a movie like that would bomb big time; but the idiots in Hollywood would probably make it anyway, lose millions on it and then blame someone else for its failure in the marketplace.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rem141r
SF was a schithole in those days too. remember the mayor or whatever wanted him fired. they were primed for pussification even then.

True, but there were a few warriors still around. One of my most glorious moments occurred at SFO as I left the plane that brought me home. 6 Dec ‘72 it was. Bit younger and had a 80# duffle bag on my shoulder. 3 Hare Krishna wonks tried to block my departure. I never broke stride and all of them wound up on their butts. May have smiled for a week after that.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Eastwood is waaaaay too long in the tooth. Perhaps Hollywood would cast Leonardo DeCaprio as "Dirty Harry, Jr." A well mannered cop who is "woke" and empathizes with the social justice warriors in San Francisco. Instead of shooting them, he'd have a dialogue with them, suggesting they return the money they've stolen from elderly citizens, apologize to all those whom they beat up, and then work on community projects to improve relations with all whom they've harmed.

L.W.

[bleep], you described my work day.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe it could be adjusted for the passing years? Harry could be a Klingon on the Entrrprise and when nobody is looking he beams all the idiots to wherever the Tribbles live?

I am..........disturbed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hard to say but I like to think if Clint Eastwood had much to do with it, say as director, I doubt he would pull very many punches. He sure didn't in Grand Torino.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

L.W.

I was just about to mention you Tracy.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He would have to hunt down and kill police after the murder poor little black criminals like Trayvon, Michael Brown and George Floyd. He would be so effective that that the police would refuse to arrest blacks.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

L.W.

Escape. I'll hook you up with a realtor.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ConradCA
He would have to hunt down and kill police after the murder poor little black criminals like Trayvon, Michael Brown and George Floyd. He would be so effective that that the police would refuse to arrest blacks.

Magnum Force

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only thing dirty about Harry these days is probably his depends.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just for old time's sake

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 714 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,676
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.