Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I would have a hard time watching someone beside Clint being Harry. That reminds me about 10 or 15 years ago I was flipping through the channels and Clint Eastwood was talking with Jan Leno. He said people come up to him all the time and ask him when he was going to do another Dirty Harry movie. He ask Jay, what am I suppose to do, run down the bad guy with a walker?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scotty
I would have a hard time watching someone beside Clint being Harry. That reminds me about 10 or 15 years ago I was flipping through the channels and Clint Eastwood was talking with Jan Leno. He said people come up to him all the time and ask him when he was going to do another Dirty Harry movie. He ask Jay, what am I suppose to do, run down the bad guy with a walker?

Clint's son, Scott, is a spittin' image of him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Do you think they’d film a sequel these days? In San Francisco? If so, would Harry get to shoot punks?

Million to one says no, no and no.

Harry shot the wrong punks.

Not a chance!

In the original, Harry threw his badge into the bay at the end of the of the movie in protest. Today would see him indicted and convicted of violating some criminal's civil rights, and his conviction would be upheld by the 11th District court of Appeals while San Fran and Oakland burned night after night in "peaceful protests" over the wrongful death of the killer Scorpio.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Clint's son, Scott, is a spittin' image of him.

Except for Clint being about 5" - 6" taller.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by rem141r
SF was a schithole in those days too. remember the mayor or whatever wanted him fired. they were primed for pussification even then.

True, but there were a few warriors still around. One of my most glorious moments occurred at SFO as I left the plane that brought me home. 6 Dec ‘72 it was. Bit younger and had a 80# duffle bag on my shoulder. 3 Hare Krishna wonks tried to block my departure. I never broke stride and all of them wound up on their butts. May have smiled for a week after that.

Damn !! I'm not worthy ! I'm not worthy ! I'm not worthy !

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The closest hollyweird could get to the true spirit of Dirty Harry, these days would be with a buff Lexie, who talks tough but is only partially woke. She could get physical, but would regret her physical actions, so she often see her counselor/psychiatrist to work out her aggressive behaviors.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Eastwood is waaaaay too long in the tooth. Perhaps Hollywood would cast Leonardo DeCaprio as "Dirty Harry, Jr." A well mannered cop who is "woke" and empathizes with the social justice warriors in San Francisco. Instead of shooting them, he'd have a dialogue with them, suggesting they return the money they've stolen from elderly citizens, apologize to all those whom they beat up, and then work on community projects to improve relations with all whom they've harmed.

And everyone lives happily ever after. grin

L.W.

and Joe Biden and KalamamaDingDong are elected to the White House by Cheating, and then Joe stands down, so that the liberal left can have an unelectable minority woman becoming President of the USA, and give her keys to the White House...and the entire nation decides to turn communist.... and Dirty Harry retires.. because the whole nation becomes a Detroit and people are starving worse than in Venezuela.. and San Francisco is the model of the new world order... and we find out Nancy Pelosi was really a drag queen all along.. and the nation cheers her for being so....so the response is for America to go out and burns down all Churches... and the new Dirty Harry Jr gets to go out with his dad's 44 Magnum, and shoot all the Republicans and Conservatives that he wants to, regardless of having no reason at all to do so....

and the Liberal Elite Cheers!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

no the "BAD GUYS" are now REBPUBLICANS and Conservatives...they give Clint Eastwood Jr an AR 15, with high capacity mags, and Clint Senior is given a Hover'round with a handle bar mounted M60 for getting rid of Republicans.. and Clint Senior identifies as gay and black.....the Liberal Left Elite Cheers... Michael Bloomberg blows Clint Senior on Television....regularly...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Nowadays the 21st century "Dirty Harry" would be more of a "Sanitary Harry". All "woke" and most likely gay. He would portray an eccentric billionaire who fights for social justice and does so voluntarily so as not to burden the defunded and budget strapped police who are nothing more than a terrorist arm of the KKK anyway. I bet a movie like that would bomb big time; but the idiots in Hollywood would probably make it anyway, lose millions on it and then blame someone else for its failure in the marketplace.

And of course give it numerous self-congratulatory phoney "awards".

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.