Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by viking
Right.

But then again, it would not matter what topic it is someone always starts chit.

There's a big difference in trainwreck threads by valid members, and valid threads purposely derailed by paid trolls.

But clicks are money $$ in the internet forum business. So nothing is done.

We have religious trolls too. Those that are only here to deny God, and argue He doesn't exist.

Perhaps we need to have a Politics & Religion forum? I doubt it'd get used though. It would be greatly ignored.

Who are the valid members? Only the ultra conservative, wear-it-on-your-sleeve conservatives?

You just can't cope with people that disagree with you. Better they go away than you have to listen to them.

Keep cryin'... I'm laughin'

Ummm...

Maybe those that actually hunt/shoot/fish/trap/reload/ and are vested in interests as such, as well as the freedoms and liberties that come with that lifestyle?

I have no problem with people that I don't agree with. None.

I even enjoy a good heated debate.

But trolls that promote communism, gun control, and taking our freedoms away, are nothing but... well, Trolls.

Which are you?

"I have no problem with people that I don't agree with. None" when did you change?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MM879
Right.

But then again, it would not matter what topic it is someone always starts chit.

There's a big difference in trainwreck threads by valid members, and valid threads purposely derailed by paid trolls.

We have religious trolls too. Those that are only here to deny God, and argue He doesn't exist.

Perhaps we need to have a Politics & Religion forum? I doubt it'd get used though. It would be greatly ignored.

Who are the valid members? Only the ultra conservative, wear-it-on-your-sleeve conservatives?

You just can't cope with people that disagree with you. Better they go away than you have to listen to them.

Ummm...

Maybe those that actually hunt/shoot/fish/trap/reload/ and are vested in interests as such, as well as the freedoms and liberties that come with that lifestyle?

But trolls that promote communism, gun control, and taking our freedoms away, are nothing but... well, Trolls.

Which are you?

"I have no problem with people that I don't agree with. None" when did you change?

And you seem to have a problem if someone chooses to disagree with you. Insecurity, maybe?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Right.

Knew this pos couldn't resist.

Does she ever post anything about guns, hunting, fishing, cooking, wilderness, the ocean, family?

Hell no. Because the pos is just here to troll, and doesn't want anybody knowing the first thing about him.

FOAD.

I have Leroy on ignore and would never see any of his posts if it were not for people quoting the commie leftard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Because I might not happen to agree with you, doesn't mean you aren't an idiot. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bear hunting!
Remington!
Classified categories! The knives OMG!
Politics!

Change is needed!

Yet, here we are, free to post whatever we want. '... it ain't broke, ....'

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Right.

Ummm...

Which are you?

And you seem to have a problem if someone chooses to disagree with you. Insecurity, maybe?
A very feminine response.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The campfire [bleep] is one of a kind, and makes the campfire great.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...The trolls are here because they are allowed to be.

No. Don't blame Rick. They are here because members continue to engage them and quote them. Without that they would disappear.

Don't feed the trolls!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick may be in Davos with the rest of the exceedingly wealthy.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
...The trolls are here because they are allowed to be.

No. Don't blame Rick. They are here because members continue to engage them and quote them. Without that they would disappear.

Don't feed the trolls!

The disappear quicker if you hit the ban button, and don't allow trolls on your forum.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am going to guess that Rick doesn't give a schidt. If he did, he'd shut down the trolls.

agreed. He doesn't care. I seldom come here now because of it

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For the third fooking time,

My request is not about trolls. It is not about content. It is not about positions, party affiliation, or opinions.

I just want to have Political threads in a designated area just as so many other topical areas are. If we can separate Savage from Winchester collectors and ARs from military rifles in their own forums, then we ought to be able to have a separate forum for politics. That's all I ask.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I don't know Rick. I do like that he doesn't believe in censorship. If you can't sort through the bs, in a couple key strokes, you are not trying!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

My request is not about trolls. It is not about content. It is not about positions, party affiliation, or opinions.

I just want to have Political threads in a designated area just as so many other topical areas are. If we can separate Savage from Winchester collectors and ARs from military rifles in their own forums, then we ought to be able to have a separate forum for politics. That's all I ask.

The trolls are here for political reasons.

That's why they hang out where politics is discussed.

It's actually pretty rare to have a troll other places here.

The Handguns forum has Glockdumbass, but other than that, and Big Stick, with his large photo file hints, it pretty much is rooted in politics.

Those idiots don't do anything but troll politics. Not one of them ever posts about anything remotely related to why this forum is here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F

The Handguns forum has Glockdumbass, but other than that, and Big Stick, with his large photo file hints, it pretty much is rooted in politics.

Those idiots don't do anything but troll politics. Not one of them ever posts about anything remotely related to why this forum is here.

Other forums have a “War Room” category for political discussion and mods move threads to it if they go off the rails into politics. I agree it would be nice to have a separate category for it as it muddies up the general discussion thread and makes it a shiitshow like Facebook.

Last edited by Futura; 11/23/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Thank you.

Flat turds that don't flush.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The months of the year that I have little to know net access I simply don't mis the fire at all. Its not what it used to be.

Evidently Rick could care less if its making him money. But I'd kick all the libs and trolls out period. But he might make less money. Its his call. My choice to be here or not. More and more there is less of use here.

And then when I do come look that twig stick is allowed to continually call everyone dumb [bleep]....

Nah, I think this place and maybe its owner even voted for Biden the way it looks often.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Futura

Other forums have a “War Room” category for political discussion and mods move threads to it if they go off the rails into politics. I agree it would be nice to have a separate category for it as it muddies up the general discussion thread and makes it a shiitshow like Facebook.

That's my take on it too endless political threads used by a handful of addicts to such have been the end of a few other forums I've hung out at, people slowly drift away and next thing you know the site doesn't even resemble what its supposed to be about. A political section sends all that stuff there and the trolls with it. Lets the main forum resemble what the site is all about and keeps the politics the trolls and bickering in the basement.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not arguing one way or the other...but it seems everything in our lives the last few years is viewed through a political prism. Politics definitely enters into everything, communicable diseases, nice places to live, fish and game policies, building codes, education of our kids, safety stuff on cars, investment strategy, retail buying habits, the species of animals we can have sex with, the gender of the people we have sex with, if any, sinister motives of people using left handed rifles, environmental views, to Round up or not to Round up on our goddam tomato patch, healthcare decisions, entertainment etc etc...it goes on forever, inextricably entwined with every waking moment of our lives. Make all the categories we want, it all comes out of the same ball of yarn. I don't see how we can separate ourselves from it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.