Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Mark 1:41

Jesus was indignant. He reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"

OR

Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing. Be clean!”

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Compassion.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by OldHat
Compassion.

"Your mouth can only taste four ways...

Sweet, salty, sour, and that ever so unpleasant bitter.

If you do not actively seek out and refresh your mouth frequently and often with bitter you completely lose perspective of Sweet... And salty and sour.

Embrace the bitter... for from it... all other senses are known and refreshed."

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My NIV says compassion but with a footnote that a few old manuscripts say indignant. The majority seem to say compassion. I don't know Greek but apparently a few scribes have changed ὀργισθείς to σπλαγχνισθείς, or maybe vice versa. Both words are meaningless to me.

Compare the situation to Mk 3:4-5
4 And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent.
5 And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

The anger is there but not at the afflicted man. It's against the Jews who would rather keep their strict law rather than see a person healed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe He had compassion for the afflicted man.
Originally Posted by Rock_Chuck
The anger is there but not at the afflicted man. It's against the Jews who would rather keep their strict law rather than see a person healed.
Yes sir. Agree wholeheartedly. He clearly taught that people were MUCH more important than the rules and regulations that were designed to serve and benefit people.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Stick with the Authorized version and skip the footnotes and God will give you all the light you need,

COMPASSION!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I was thinking of this verse the other day and how Jesus never kept his distance from the lepers. He was there to heal them, if they had faith in him. Now here we are today with this virus and I've noticed that when someone has contact with a person sick with it they have to be quarantined. Then the person that's been sick but gets better is still looked at like these lepers were back then. People fear being close to them. I don't see this as being a healthy way to look at another human being. I've seen some pretty nasty behavior out of people that are scared to death they are going to die from just being within 100 feet of someone they feel may be a threat to them. It's taking us further down the road that life is not precious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The New International Version is one I will not use. I purchased many as gifts when it first came out. After I read it I would not give them anymore.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My NIV says compassion but with a footnote that a few old manuscripts say indignant. The majority seem to say compassion. I don't know Greek but apparently a few scribes have changed ὀργισθείς to σπλαγχνισθείς, or maybe vice versa. Both words are meaningless to me.

Compare the situation to Mk 3:4-5
4 And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent.
5 And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored.

splagchnizomai

Look it up. Compassion.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Also keep in mind that before the Messiah's words were translated into English from Greek, they were translated to Greek from Aramaic.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I was thinking of this verse the other day and how Jesus never kept his distance from the lepers. He was there to heal them, if they had faith in him. Now here we are today with this virus and I've noticed that when someone has contact with a person sick with it they have to be quarantined. Then the person that's been sick but gets better is still looked at like these lepers were back then. People fear being close to them. I don't see this as being a healthy way to look at another human being. I've seen some pretty nasty behavior out of people that are scared to death they are going to die from just being within 100 feet of someone they feel may be a threat to them. It's taking us further down the road that life is not precious.

That is exactly how I am thinking of it.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Just like Matthew 5:5

Meek does not mean some type of sissy... but moreover a very deliberately imposed humility from a position of internal authority/power.

If you do not command self-control and authority how is it ever possible for you to command compassion or assistance to another?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“True Humility Is Not Thinking Less of Yourself, It's Thinking of Yourself Less.” - C.S. Lewis

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Also keep in mind that before the Messiah's words were translated into English from Greek, they were translated to Greek from Aramaic.

They were not written down in Aramaic. The New Testament are personal accounts guided by the Holy Spirit.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Out on a limb here. What does it matter in regards to Covid?

Its here. Its going to run its course like others.

We believe. We have so many days. If its today then I"m good. If not, then I'm still good.

Is it more complicated?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rost495
Out on a limb here. What does it matter in regards to Covid?

Its here. Its going to run its course like others.

We believe. We have so many days. If its today then I"m good. If not, then I'm still good.

Is it more complicated?

NOPE!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Bristoe

They were not written down in Aramaic. The New Testament are personal accounts guided by the Holy Spirit.

The Messiah spoke Aramaic.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 72 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.