Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Boom!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lots left for tomorrow. I used chili powder, crushed garlic, oregano, cummin, coriander and a big ass jalapeno seeded pulp removed. Might use two next time it was quite tame. Raw onions and corn bread with the big bowl I just scarfed. I will do this again cool cool

Last edited by Salty303; 11/22/20.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Is this a cooking show...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Salty303
Boom!

Lots left for tomorrow. I used chili powder, crushed garlic, oregano, cummin, coriander and a big ass jalapeno seeded pulp removed. Might use two next time it was quite tame. Raw onions and corn bread with the big bowl I just scarfed. I will do this again cool cool

👍👍
Ya done good.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you live above 3500 ft use a pressure cooker

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Leroy?????

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Boom!

Oh, that looks good. This thread deserves a bump!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Being old, lazy, pretty much incompetent at everything, and increasingly unwilling to mess around with things that frustrate me, I have given up on dried beans.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boom!

Is cooking the beans in a galvanized feed bucket part of the secret recipe? smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Van Camps up there game to your satisfaction yet?

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Van Camps has very poor quality control of their pork and beans; they are often mush. Fareway and ALDI's store brand are much better. As to other beans, there are many, many acceptable brands of canned beans that work well, none of this having to soak, rinse, soak, rinse, pick through for rocks, and then wind up with beans that are still too hard after hours of cooking,

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ok Boomer..... laugh

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Van Camps has very poor quality control of their pork and beans; they are often mush. Fareway and ALDI's store brand are much better. As to other beans, there are many, many acceptable brands of canned beans that work well, none of this having to soak, rinse, soak, rinse, pick through for rocks, and then wind up with beans that are still too hard after hours of cooking,

I soak, rinse, add water, boil 12 minutes and into a pot in the oven, no hard beans

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Van Camps up there game to your satisfaction yet?

I found a stone in a can of bush's backed beans. About the size of a dime.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Wow!

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
always check beans for rocks.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Once my Dad and I finished digging a grave (we did it part time, some cemeteries do not want equipment rutting their ground, plus a hand dug grave is neater) and the American Legion Post next to the cemetery had a roaster full of ham and beans, free, for lunch. It was a cold dreary day, I was starving, and that bowl of ham and beans was the best thing ever. Some great recipes here. I agree don't forget the cornbread.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you cook your beans and have a lot of liquid in the pot try this old fashioned tip.
Break open 2-3 eggs and add about 1/3rd cup of flour and some salt and pepper to taste. Add more flour a little at a time until you reach the consistency of soft cookie dough. Use a spoon and drop small amounts into the simmering pot. In a couple of minutes you will have some of the best dumplings you ever ate. Where we grew up these were called rivels.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by mirage243
Your house might smell like a sewage treatment plant for a couple of days. 🤣🤣

I find with any other beans as long as they're rinsed really good after soaking the flatulence isn't too bad. We'll see how it goes wish me luck. lol

My mom used to call that soaking the farts out of the beans. I miss her bean and ham soup.

Old70

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
Boom!

Is cooking the beans in a galvanized feed bucket part of the secret recipe? smile

LOL! Started in the slow cooker and went hunting got back near supper time and there was still cooking to be done and quite a bit of liquid to reduce. So I poured it into a stainless pot and put it on the stove to speed things up. Should have started on high with the slow cooker got it hot then turned it down i guess.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.