Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime. He’s lucky he got an azz chewing and not a charge for reckless driving or worse.

It also sounds like BIL talks too much.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Mexicans love Ford pickups. My Mom had a nice F150 and she wanted me to sell it for her. I put it on craigslist.
A day later, now I am talking to the guy on the phone in Spanish, he says "Quiero El Lobo comprar!"

"I want to buy The Wolf!"

I say "No tengo no Lobo, tengo un coche de Ford."

So I am telling him it is not a dog or wolf it is a pickup truck. I couldn't get him to quit talking about the damn wolf.
Next day another Mexican calls up and he wants a wolf. I finally figured out, the Mexicans have a love affair with Ford pickups and they call the F150 "El Lobo."
I am not sure what the call the F250.

Anyway it is like a Negro and a watermelon, the Mexicans just can't keep their hands off of a Ford pickup.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime. He’s lucky he got an azz chewing and not a charge for reckless driving or worse.

It also sounds like BIL talks too much.

That can be true or false depending on the situation. I’ve had people talk and it made me realize a change of behavior happened and didn’t warrant any further action. If they had been quiet, I might not have arrived at that decision and they would have gone to jail. On the other hand, it has also sealed the deal on an arrest on many occasions.

Its like 90/10 that waiting for a lawyer is the best bet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought stealing a vehicle was a felony?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime.
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blindshooter
”Grand theft auto is the grand theft of an automobile—a felony in all states.”

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/car-theft-laws.html#What-is-Grand-Theft-Auto?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
did he leave the key in it?

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rem141r
did he leave the key in it?

Obviously

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antlers

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/car-theft-laws.html#What-is-Grand-Theft-Auto?

Not true. Some states do not have a specific statute for vehicle theft, so it comes down to the vehicle's value that determines whether or not it's a felony or misdemeanor.

For example if the theft or larceny statute states that any property theft over 1k is a felony, as long as the vehicles value is over 1k it's a felony theft charge.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/23/20.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I couldn't disagree with you more. Somebody that steals my car deserves to be shot, just like horse thieves were hanged in the old west.
I wouldn't shoot a car thief, because I don't want 10 years in the State Pen, but they certainly deserve to be shot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You ain’t seen nothing yet. The illegals are flooding the border. They are counting on a Biden win. Then the RINO’s in the senate for an amnesty. Hasbeen.

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
THREE WORDS: Sic Semper Tyrannis.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wouldn’t fight anyone trying to steal a vehicle from me. Have a nice day and I’ll call my insurance agent tomorrow to file a claim.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Not true. Some states do not have a specific statute for vehicle theft, so it comes down to the vehicle's value that determines whether or not it's a felony or misdemeanor.
For example if the theft or larceny statute states that any property theft over 1k is a felony, as long as the vehicles value is over 1k it's a felony theft charge.
The term “grand theft” refers to the theft offense occurring when the stolen property exceeds the state’s limit on petty theft.

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/grand-theft-auto-lawyers.html

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Living in a border state where thousands of trucks are stolen a year and shipped down the Mexico. Surprised he didn't use more security.

Just a property crime. Not worth risking your life especially due to liability. Thats just a fact of life in Democratic America

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

The goobers that chased the thief should be thankful that they live in a jurisdiction that doesn't prosecute stupid.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kids deserve a second chance. Anybody who has reached the age of 25 or older who is still involving himself in major theft needs to be removed from the gene pool.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What does the value of car have to do with anything? Stealing someone's ride should carry the same penalty.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 64 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.