G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by antlers
Motor vehicle theft is a low level property crime.
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Somebody that steals my car deserves to be shot, just like horse thieves were hanged in the old west.
I wouldn't shoot a car thief, because I don't want 10 years in the State Pen, but they certainly deserve to be shot.

I see where you are coming from. Fair is not always the same as legally sound. If I could do what I thought was right or fair, I’d cycle through a lot more duty ammo.

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just wait till they knock on your door for not wearing a mask in your own home, too many people in your own home, and .....

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Brother in law calls this weekend from rural La Paz Co Arizona. Mexican guy swipes late model pickup from brother in law's buddy's yard about 5 pm. The swipee, late 70's in age, in a Jeep, pursues the swiper Mexican in stolen pickup, hot pursuit about 10 miles at high speed on 2 lane highway. The swipee is a very experienced off road racing competitor and he performs a PIT maneuver and the stolen pickup spins out of control off the highway. Mexican swiper flees scene into a pistachio orchard...in the meantime the swipee has called the brother in law, he arrives at the scene, .44 Blackhawk in hand, says, I'll see if I can apprehend the Mex...you stay here until the sheriff arrives. So 74 yr old bil is not keeping up with the Mex, he fires a shot in the air and hollers 'alto'...to no avail, Mex can't drive too well but he can run. Cops nab Mex a half hour later, hitchhiking. Cutting most of the dialogue out, cops issue speeding ticket to the swipee, chew ass over endangering the motoring public, temporarily confiscate the bil's Blackhawk to "check legal ownership" and chew ass about the dangers of firing a firearm in the air in farm country where people could get hit when the bullet returns to earth. Mexican released on 3,000 bail and has disappeared already. Land of the free, and home of the brave. Free stuff and brave wetbacks.

That sound rugged up but not the least bit surprising. Who ratted on him for firing a shot?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sounds like an incredible amount of poor decision making. Fortunately no one was injured. If I did that on duty I'd be taking an unpaid vacation at the very least. But then I am a commie, libtard boot licker so I'll get that out of the way for the heros here.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Where is the incontrovertible evidence of speeding? Because he said he was? Doesn't Moranda apply? Did the thief say they were speeding? How does he know if the speedometer on a stolen truck is radar or laser accurate? He doesn't, and the police are too late on the scene to clock any speeders. Wilfully colliding with another MV may cause some issues.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
I wouldn’t fight anyone trying to steal a vehicle from me. Have a nice day and I’ll call my insurance agent tomorrow to file a claim.

Good point. Is a car worth your health? Probably not. If your insured properly, it’s about like fighting over water.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Dodge 268,

You forgot jack boot. I've been called that too. emergency lights, a badge and a siren don't make it lawful to do some of the things that were done that night for sure.

Stay safe, and quit leaning to the left. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I wish the truck would have flipped and kilt the sumbitch. Crime is out of control and not taken seriously any more.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Reading the opinions here, This has been an eye opener for me. Were bad decisions made that afternoon? Certainly. But us old guys are still struggling with the new parameters, and the old mind set that the deputy is on your side. Protect your property is an antiquated possibly dangerous undertaking, call the cops, let them deal with it, call the insurance company, let them deal with it. The PIT maneuver was dumb in retrospect, the sweepee admits, it was really dumb to go into the orchard and try to herd the Mex back to the deputy. It was dumb to tell the truth the warning shot was fired. But us old guys living in remote areas like that don't think like folks in urban or suburban settings. We fix our own stuff, solve our own problems, to some degree try to maintain some independence, we try to avoid going to town,living just like we always have. Right or wrong, it's the way we are, but cheer up urbanites, we'll all be dead in another 10 or 20 years.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
If you’ve ever had an expensive car or truck stolen, you know there ain’t nuthin’ “low level” about it.

I deal with rapists, murderers, wife beaters, people that sell drugs to peoples kids. Theft of an insured motor vehicle, while a personal loss, doesn’t rise to the level of what I would call serious. It’s certainly not worth killing somebody over.

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

You're making assumptions about who else was on the road. And you know what they say about assumptions rights?

They say you're a fuqing moron when you assume.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Fuqing drama queen.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
I wish the truck would have flipped and kilt the sumbitch. Crime is out of control and not taken seriously any more.

The only way to make it more satisfying would be if he had been trapped in a slowly burning truck and you got to hear him calling for help, in spanish of course ! laugh

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
And here comes copperqueen, the toughest of all tough girls. Be careful, (s)he'll call you names and question your bravery. All from the safety of a keyboard......

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by mirage243

The only way to make it more satisfying would be if he had been trapped in a slowly burning truck and you got to hear him calling for help, in spanish of course ! laugh

I like the way you think.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by copperking81

Or killing someone that just happened to be driving by when Ivan Stewart decided to do a pit maneuver...

You're making assumptions about who else was on the road. And you know what they say about assumptions rights?

There didn't have to be any other motorists on the road for that action to be as retarded as your are. Which it was....which is "turbo retarded".

Carry on queeny

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 11/23/20.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
should have shot him.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by copperking81

There was someone in the stolen car, wasn’t there, you [bleep] oxygen thief?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem141r
did he leave the key in it?

Obviously

?? My Ex BiL didn’t, either one.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Sorry Gooch, but there are some folks out there that just NEED killing !
Deterence comes into play.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
should have shot him.

Ain’t deadly force legal in Texas to stop felony theft of your property?

I wouldn’t do it over a vehicle, but people have shot thieves from apartment balconies who were breaking into their vehicle and been legal.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
453 members (160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 320090T, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.