Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I control my viewing here. I put trolls on ignore, and I just don’t open threads that are not of interest, or that are started by trolls.

Sam......

BP-B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I control my viewing here. I put trolls on ignore, and I just don’t open threads that are not of interest, or that are started by trolls.

This. Seems so easy to me. Maybe it's hard for others not to continually engage and quote trolls.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
For the third fooking time,

My request is not about trolls. It is not about content. It is not about positions, party affiliation, or opinions.

I just want to have Political threads in a designated area just as so many other topical areas are. If we can separate Savage from Winchester collectors and ARs from military rifles in their own forums, then we ought to be able to have a separate forum for politics. That's all I ask.

Exactly why I spend a lot less time here now. Civility is the exception here. FWIW, the moderators at Rokslide will not allow any of that crap. Talk hunting and shooting all you want. Not politics. There are times I appreciate the politics here, but most of the time it’s useless.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

This. Seems so easy to me. Maybe it's hard for others not to continually engage and quote trolls.

It's a grown-up forum. Handle your own.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People have different views, each one believing that their own view is true and factual, and that the others are wrong....

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I forgot the LOL

lol

Lol.

Echo (Lol)

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leave it where it is. Everything hunting has been politicized since at least the 1960s, same as it is for guns. The Second Amendment forum here gets almost no traffic, but the fact is, even if you're a benevolent Fudd, you still need to know what's going on. Leave the fire, the fire. The real trolls, well, we know who they are and they're in that context, as the First Amendment intended.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
For the third fooking time,

My request is not about trolls. It is not about content. It is not about positions, party affiliation, or opinions.

I just want to have Political threads in a designated area just as so many other topical areas are. If we can separate Savage from Winchester collectors and ARs from military rifles in their own forums, then we ought to be able to have a separate forum for politics. That's all I ask.

It is often difficult to get people to listen to what one is saying. They instantly read something else into it and fly off the handle. I agree with Rocky that the political threads really clog things up.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least consider setting up a Politics and Law forum. The 'Fire is being overwhelmed by such stuff.
I know it would mean extra work to monitor and move posts from here to there (as they occur in future, no sense going back in time) but it would return this forum to a much more enjoyable place.

Novel idea......

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...w-forum-everything-politics#Post12994629

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Or maybe don't go to the Hunter's Campfire during the two years before or after a presidential election? LOL LOL

If anything here is stressing you out, it's time for a break or something.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could call it the "Troll Magnet Forum"

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm with Rocky - this is getting out of hand.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
People have different views, each one believing that their own view is true and factual, and that the others are wrong....

You're right!

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by DBT

You're right!

Not everyone agrees. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
. If we can separate Savage from Winchester collectors and ARs from military rifles in their own forums, then we ought to be able to have a separate forum for politics..

and another for conspiracy theories.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
At least consider setting up a Politics and Law forum. The 'Fire is being overwhelmed by such stuff.

I know it would mean extra work to monitor and move posts from here to there (as they occur in future, no sense going back in time) but it would return this forum to a much more enjoyable place.

I think that's a good idea. The contentious topics like politics and religion might be better off in their own "battlegrounds", just so the more general posts don't get squeezed out.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yeah, it's worked for like twenty years, time for a change...

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Dear SYSOP, please move this thread to Talk To The Webmaster Forum where it belongs. Standing by....

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Waiting....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 16penny, 77 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,767
Posts18,401,467
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.