Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Tough stuff Marlin. We put a girl Cocker down a month from now two years ago. It was my wife's dog for fifteen years. She vowed to not deal with that again. Here she is with her new pup at four weeks that we will pick up just before Christmas.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel for you, seriously.

And Labs, man I have a soft spot for that breed.

Cherish the memories,

I'd like to think the good memories vastly outweigh the few bad ones.

Smile, and stand tall, Honor him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So Sorry to hear off your loss. I know exactly what you are going through.

I had to take my yellow lab on the same ride about 3 years ago. I held his paw in my hand and petted his head as he took his last breaths. I’ll never have another dog. Don’t ever want to feel that pain again

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by persiandog

This was my buddy. Thanks PD.

Marlin, My condolences, sorry for your loss.

I met your grand buddy a few years ago when I picked up that Taurus 41 mag. Yes, he made an impression. He was a fine dog.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by persiandog

This was my buddy. Thanks PD.

good looking pup

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've known for a few weeks my dog had cancer, but when he wasn't struggling with it, he acted just fine. It was prostate cancer and he was in pain when he defecated. We gave him pain pills, but he'd cry out when he squatted. But when he was done he was the same old dog. But he kept getting worse. Saturday morning he seemed to be hurting more. Yesterday he quit eating, and he didn't eat today. We called the vet and set up the time. It was so hard. I hate to say this but it was harder to let him go then when my mother passed in January. We had this dog just less than 10 years, you couldn't ask for a better dog. He slept on his own bed right next to me. My wife had really grown attached to him. First time for her to do that. They let us both in there, while he gave the shot. No way was I going to let him go through that by himself. It was still tough, for him and for us. His whole life was about being around us. He was really family.

Been through this and it was awful. Didnt want anothet dog after it. But we got another golden and eventually healed. These animals quickly become a true family member. Hurts like hell to lose them

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When Max had to travel over the Rainbow Bridge, I put my forehead on his, told him I loved him, told him I will never forget him, told him how much he was loved, told him he never met a stranger.....even the veterinarian was crying when I spoke those words. I watched his eyes.....I can see them now. It is tough......very tough. It IS part of having them as our companions, our pals, our confidants.....and yes....our family.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A new "good boy" will help heal your grief.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Sorry to hear it, friend, Having met you, I know the pup had a great life, and imagine you were as important, if not more, to him, as he was to you. And like a true friend, you had the courage to ease his suffering when the time was right. Nothing any of us say can make it better, but know you made his life a great one, and be happy that he made yours better, too. We don't deserve them, it’s what makes them such a gift.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes it's hard as fug

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry to hear. Pets are family!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I’m very sorry for your loss, My yellow lab was put down a year ago at 15 1/2. Worst day of my life

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sorry for the loss, marlin.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Marlin, Very sorry to hear you lost your Pal.

Good Boy Jake, good boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear that you loss your dog. I am glad that you stayed with him.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Marlin,

sorry for your family's loss....I have more use for most dogs than I do most people...

you can rely on a dog, you can hardly ever rely on people...

and dogs won't stab ya in the back...

I know there is a heaven for dogs, and I know your best friend is there... when he will be forever young and always happy..

Peace be with you and your wife during this difficult time..

cheers and best regards
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Went down the same path last December. My wife spent the night on the floor cuddling him, and we all sat with him on the floor until the vet came in the morning. We said our goodbyes. Again. It helped me to know she gave him two shots, the first to sedate him and the second to stop the heart. I watched his head sag as he got the sedative, knew he was asleep, then she injected the stopper. He was only 11, and I will probably tear up about it as long as I live. Condolences.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Losing one of life's true friends really hurts.RIP old dog .Peace be with you Brother.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Feel for you man. Been through that several times and it just takes time. Truly mans best friend! Every time Ive lost one it just makes my attachment to the next one stronger...something to look forward to. My current love is shown in my avatar.

Last edited by AZmark; 11/23/20.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bummer, one of the biggest ones in the life of man.

He's gone around the bend in the path, waiting there for you.

Condolences.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

544 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 45 invisible), 1,920 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.