Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Our eldest grand daughter loves dill pickles. I just put a large jar on my shopping list.

What is, or was the oddest gift you've bought, or gotten?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Large Chocolate Oranges - not too odd I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My buddy and I used to have this ratty looking rubber chicken we wrapped up and traded back and forth every Christmas. Just a good natured gag gift.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We did a White Elephant gift exchange for my wife's family one year, and her 80 year old grandfather ended up with book on having fantastic sex!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have primers and powder that will go under the tree for my two sons that handload.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
My dad gets pistachio nuts every Christmas.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
bought my wife a dill doe one year as a gag gift, never seen someone turn so red... smile

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
George Washington

Willie, smile
Coquille Valley Machine Works
541-260-6246
[email protected]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to a wild Christmas party one time. Was told to bring a gag gift. I stopped by the bait shop on the way there and picked up a dozen wax worms. 😀

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nothing too weird. I usually send quite a few folks stollen because well.............fruitcake sucks.

Originally Posted by OldHat
Large Chocolate Oranges - not too odd I guess.

Chocolate oranges are THE schitt.😎

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oddest was when one of my 3rd grade students saw other children bringing me gifts and brought me a paper grocery sack containing one of his father's very worn and dirty shirts. I was very touched by his gesture and always worried if there was any sort of unpleasantness at home over the missing shirt.

On a less somber note, when I was a kid, I always saved what I thought was going to be the best gift to open last. I could always tell pretty much what each package was by its shape and who it came from. One year, there was this rather small, cylindrical package from Dad. I spent the weeks previous to Christmas Eve enthralled by what this could be. When Christmas Eve came, it became obvious to Dad that I had elevated this gift to supreme status. Mom later said that he got greener and greener as he realized that I was putting so much importance on this gift. When I finally opened it and found it to be a roll of toilet paper, Dad was feeling very low over his joke. Mom further related that when I broke out in laughter at the realization of what it was, the color and look of relief that flowed back into Dad's face was very evident.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Harold Reed, Where I grew up, it's custom for students to give the teacher a present.

So they all line up with their gifts. Suzy's parents own a flower shop, so of course teacher gets flowers.

Robert's folks own the candy store, sure enough, a box of chocolates.

Now when she see's Johnny in line she gets excited, his family run the liquor store.

He hands her a brown paper bag, with a wet corner. She licks it, and asks, Is it brandy?
No. Is it Sherry? No.
Is it Cognac?

No.

What is it? It's a puppy!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

For male teachers, it was always easy - coffee mugs and cologne. (I always tried to make it a point that I did not need to receive anything, but it seemed to be important for the kids and families to give something. I was always appreciative of the thought and effort.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Add Blinker Fluid to your Christmas wish list and see if anyone tries to find some.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Got a box of penis shaped pasta one year at a white elephant at work. They apparently had planned to stick me with that. When we had our next pot luck, I used to to make Mac and cheese and put a sign next to the slow cooker suggesting that everyone ‘eat a d-ck’. It was received well.

Old70

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

192 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 35, 22 invisible), 1,388 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,223
Posts18,447,528
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.