Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Question to those on here with kids. Especially minors, or teenagers. I'll kindly request the responses be limited to legit posters, not trolls, and US citizens. I understand the impact our elections have globally, most especially on our good friends north of us. But my question is specific to those of us here south of the Medicine Line.

Have you discussed the potential of a civil war with your kids? The reality of it, the Balkan type scenario as opposed to the clear cut Red Dawn type. What it could entail, what it really means? What life would be like? At what line is civil disobedience appropriate, and at what line (if any) is an armed response apropos?

It's fugking terrifying, but I will say I have.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It gives me pause. Younger generations don’t have the perspective to recognize the crossroads we face.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve talked to my kids about the corona being used for political purposes . My kids are strong in math so it’s an easy conversation.

No, I have not talked about a civil war with them. I believe I have a better chance of gettin kilt by the rona then a civil war occurring .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No. We haven't talked about it.

We cant run anywhere anyway.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Remember the "amnesty" scene in Josey Wales?

I suspect a lot of folks will sign up for "amnesty".

Hell....half the dummies here like Tulsi.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We have 3 conservative young adults. They didn't have a television educating them as they grew up. There's a strong hint there.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Never been in combat, so I'm definitely no expert. But it seems to me that the only thing that can prepare a man for something like combat is combat.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Not a matter of running anywhere Jim, so much as a what is our country going to look like when they take the reins and what lines if there are any that they will not cross. Could be as simple as taxing diesel to the point of it not being viable as a fuel option to run your machines. Or transport your sheep/cattle to the sale.

I could hole up in the woods and be fine and dandy for the rest of my life, but what about my kids? That's not a life they want or that I want for them necessarily.

Normally it's all about voting, getting the word out and organizing like minded folk to preserve what we have, maybe even take some back in the voting booth. But if the voting system is proven to be moot, what's left?

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Never been in combat, so I'm definitely no expert. But it seems to me that the only thing that can prepare a man for something like combat is combat.

Too simplistic. That's why I referenced Red Dawn. We won't see the Soviets making parachute landings in CO. It's not as "easy" as hoarding MRE's and ammo and making caches in the woods.

MAGA
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Our son actually brings it up to us.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Raeford

Does he have any ideas? What're his thoughts on the matter?

MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Remember the "amnesty" scene in Josey Wales?

I was thinking of the "aim small, miss small" scene in the Patriot.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Not a matter of running anywhere Jim, so much as a what is our country going to look like when they take the reins and what lines if there are any that they will not cross. Could be as simple as taxing diesel to the point of it not being viable as a fuel option to run your machines. Or transport your sheep/cattle to the sale.

I could hole up in the woods and be fine and dandy for the rest of my life, but what about my kids? That's not a life they want or that I want for them necessarily.

Normally it's all about voting, getting the word out and organizing like minded folk to preserve what we have, maybe even take some back in the voting booth. But if the voting system is proven to be moot, what's left?

Well....we already got a bit of a head start with the homeschooling thing this semester.

Looking like we will probably go the full year.

We fully discuss the reasons for this with the children.

Have not gone into "war" yet....but they are aware that there is a problem now.

So...I guess we have discussed it to a certain extent.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Yes... and those conversations break my damn heart.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am probably lucky as my kids are young.

It would be tougher with teenagers.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm optimistic in that it seems local elections are still valid in most places, so states like ours bound together with others might be able to still scrape us by standing up to the feds on overreach if we elect the right governors and state legislatures. It's just a question of how long it takes the other side to negate enough of the Constitution that even those are spitting in the wind.

MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
"I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain." John Adams

And so the cycle must recycled yet again

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford

Does he have any ideas? What're his thoughts on the matter?

He honestly has more of the Red Dawn type scenario playing on his mind.
I've told him it's more like a lobster pot deal to me.
He IS doing things to become more self sufficient as he is a welder first, machinist second and married into a 10th generation sustenance farming family that farms deep in the mountains just along the VA/WVA border.
He makes some things he feels will be quite valuable in the near future. wink

FJB & FJT
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Where I shoot IDPA, parents bring a lot of children to shoot, and they are usually darn good shots. Nothing is said about about the kids being prepped for anything other than How to defend themselves and families from bad guys.

Last edited by keith; 11/24/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Too simplistic. That's why I referenced Red Dawn. We won't see the Soviets making parachute landings in CO. It's not as "easy" as hoarding MRE's and ammo and making caches in the woods.

What's too simplistic?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

652 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.