Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Sure be glad when China and India start selling hunting ammo. I think we're being scammed, gun control is impossible to implement, but ammo availability renders a gun about useless. You ain't seen nothing yet, just wait till the dumocrats gain control.

If the Supreme Court holds the line the Dems will be held up..passing a law and having it implemented are often two different things. Time to play payback....take them to court on every turn...and then to the next one up if necessary....

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by OldHat
One thing is certain, the more threads people post about ammo shortages, the better the situation will get.

I'm sure most people reading this thread are not the problem.

Sure, and nobody here stocked up on toilet paper either.

I'm sure they did. Think volume.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by battue
What numbers would make you happy? Where or from whom do you think you can find them? However.....until someone or you can come up with them....the numbers on the shelves are little to none..

Restaurant sales are down, same with airlines, trucking, sports, hospital electives, brick and mortar sales, etc, etc.....why would the numbers of rifle components be any different?

Aren't the sales of rifle components up while the sale other things listed are down? Seems that the one contradicts the other.

Sold out is a fact not a contradiction....you can’t sell what you don’t have....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Restaurant sales are down, same with airlines, trucking, sports, hospital electives, brick and mortar sales, etc, etc.....why would the numbers of rifle components be any different?

Battue, when you say "numbers of rifle components, are you talking sales figures or available inventory?

I can tell you this, tanners sport shop, Jamison Pennsylvania and Quinbys gun shop Dublin Pennsylvania both are allotted guns, they cannot freely order what they want the inventory is not there.Tanners is a much larger store Ray has better buying power then Quimby‘s mom and pop shop but they’re both limited In purchasing firearms and ammunition.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Sure be glad when China and India start selling hunting ammo. I think we're being scammed, gun control is impossible to implement, but ammo availability renders a gun about useless. You ain't seen nothing yet, just wait till the dumocrats gain control.
I doubt if they'll ever sell hunting ammo. I'd rather buy American, anyways.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by BamBam

Battue, when you say "numbers of rifle components, are you talking sales figures or available inventory?

I can tell you this, tanners sport shop, Jamison Pennsylvania and Quinbys gun shop Dublin Pennsylvania both are allotted guns, they cannot freely order what they want the inventory is not there.Tanners is a much larger store Ray has better buying power then Quimby‘s mom and pop shop but they’re both limited In purchasing firearms and ammunition.
All shops are like that. The bigger shops can get more than the smaller ones, but they can't get anywhere near what they want and what they get may not be something they would've wanted 8 months ago. Of course, stuff that wouldn't have sold 8 months ago, will sell now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
What numbers would make you happy? Where or from whom do you think you can find them? However.....until someone or you can come up with them....the numbers on the shelves are little to none..

Aren't the sales of rifle components up while the sale other things listed are down? Seems that the one contradicts the other.

It's not a contradiction. Lots of people aren't traveling, going to large gatherings, or having elective surgeries but you can sit on your butt and order components online, and make a truckload of ammo without leaving your house.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Holy [bleep]! shocked

"Our Low Price" laugh laugh

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by skeen

Holy [bleep]! shocked

Damn! I've got hundreds of rounds of popular commercial hunting loads, for the most popular big game calibers, that I'm likely never going to use. I could really cash in.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

How can you have current robust sales figures when the available inventory is minimal? Yesterday’s robust figures....were most likely inflated due to political uncertainty......brings us to today....and for multiple reasons we have availability issues....

If I had to throw out a guess....it would be employee availability and transport being our main issues. Food and Holiday needs take transportation priority over ammo?

At work here....we are being crushed with staffing issues. Some have been exposed, test + and there goes 14 days. No issues, but +....test again and negative...still told to stay home 14..
Some are playing the fear game and stay home when they think they may have been exposed. Some have a cough and take off to be tested and there goes a couple days at minimum.

Last edited by battue; 11/24/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by skeen

Holy [bleep]! shocked

Damn! I've got hundreds of rounds of popular commercial hunting loads, for the most popular big game calibers, that I'm likely never going to use. I could really cash in.

Do I hear $150? Anybody? grin laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Last time I checked the number of 1st time gun buyers in the US was over 5 million. That’s a lot of new people to the gun owning game that need ammo for their new toy. It’s been ridiculous since covid/George Floyd.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I have heard of some deer hunters who waited too late about buying some, and have had to sit out the season as a result.

Fuqk em, I can't imagine owning a deer rifle and not having several boxes of ammo for it.

Same. I've got a couple hundred rounds of .30-30 hunting ammo on hand, and don't even hunt anymore. Same with .30-06, etc..

30-30 is unobtainium right now. Check out the prices on Ammoseek - $5.00 per round!!! $100 for a box of 20!!!

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/30-30-winchester

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I wish I knew a way to sell it locally to those who are interested in paying current market prices for what I have, as I don't want to go through the trouble and expense of shipping it to anyone. Armslist is useless. I never get any responses. Besides, it recently went from free to $8.00 per month.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew there would eventually be another run on ammo. I have plenty of 22LR, and I'm in good shape in components for my needs. I made sure to have enough primers over a year ago, and I added a bit of 4895 and Unique to the powder supply. I also bought a few boxes of 223 here and there and have plenty. I've never been a fan of blowing away a thousand rounds on a weekend and felt it was pretty stupid. I like to shoot, but I like to hit my targets, not spray n pray.

My sympathy lies with the new shooters who want to get into the sport but can't find guns or ammo. We knew better than to get caught with our pants down. The new shooters didn't, and hoarding has many potential new allies in our sport frustrated to the point of moving on.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You gawddam right it’s real the ammo is gone and won’t be back for a long time if ever!!!

Fück Joe byron
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I can’t speak to India, but China has s able to get reduce quality ammunition. We just aren’t allowed to import it any longer. I think I still have a case or two of Norinco 7.62x39. It’ll outshoot anything else you can get your hands on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Hubert
Who closed the LEAD mine in the USA>>>

The EPA under Obama

kwg

lead mines/smelters aren't the problem

https://www.ila-lead.org/lead-facts/lead-production--statistics

Lead ores are mined at a rate close to 5 million tonnes a year and the world market for refined lead stands at about US $15 billion.

While it has a high economic value, lead is relatively economical to produce. As with all metals, there are two main production routes. Primary production from mined lead ore is of course the original source of all lead, but secondary production, where it is recovered from recycled products or from residues arising from the production process is of enormous importance.

Secondary lead production now accounts for more than half of all lead produced throughout the world. In the US more than 80% of lead comes from secondary production with Europe reporting over 60%. These impressive figures are made possible by the fact that most lead is used in readily recyclable applications. And unlike many recycled materials, the value of lead means that recycling is economically viable and hence self-sustainable.

The following statistics are derived from the official data compiled by the International Lead and Zinc Study Group. The ILZSG data can be found at www.ilzsg.org

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I knew there would eventually be another run on ammo. I have plenty of 22LR, and I'm in good shape in components for my needs. I made sure to have enough primers over a year ago, and I added a bit of 4895 and Unique to the powder supply. I also bought a few boxes of 223 here and there and have plenty. I've never been a fan of blowing away a thousand rounds on a weekend and felt it was pretty stupid. I like to shoot, but I like to hit my targets, not spray n pray.

My sympathy lies with the new shooters who want to get into the sport but can't find guns or ammo. We knew better than to get caught with our pants down. The new shooters didn't, and hoarding has many potential new allies in our sport frustrated to the point of moving on.

Very good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 55 invisible), 2,700 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.