Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Some can conjure up a conspiracy about anything. I don't thing there is one. BamBam hit the nail on the head though.

I find numbers more convincing. I never see numbers. Did you see the NICS numbers I posted. They don't seem as "through the roof" as portrayed in media. They seem to be on a more steady increase.

I see your point though ... we've never seen anyone conspire before.Nah, not here. LOL

From a business perspective, these numbers are huge. October 2020, the last month for data, is a 38% increase! A quick eyeball of the months since the pandemic began appear to be similar in growth. Think about this: few businesses can meet a 38% increase in immediate demand. If they can, their utilization of capital is very poor.

I know of businesses that are currently having a difficult time keeping their operations running due to covid related illnesses. What do you do if you don't have enough people show up to run the place?

Put the tinfoil away, the only conspiracy is a confluence of negative events that is hampering many industries at this time.

405wcf

BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 405wcf
Some can conjure up a conspiracy about anything. I don't thing there is one. BamBam hit the nail on the head though.

I find numbers more convincing. I never see numbers. Did you see the NICS numbers I posted. They don't seem as "through the roof" as portrayed in media. They seem to be on a more steady increase.

I see your point though ... we've never seen anyone conspire before.Nah, not here. LOL

From a business perspective, these numbers are huge. October 2020, the last month for data, is a 38% increase! A quick eyeball of the months since the pandemic began appear to be similar in growth. Think about this: few businesses can meet a 38% increase in immediate demand. If they can, their utilization of capital is very poor.

I know of businesses that are currently having a difficult time keeping their operations running due to covid related illnesses. What do you do if you don't have enough people show up to run the place?

Put the tinfoil away, the only conspiracy is a confluence of negative events that is hampering many industries at this time.

405wcf

EXCELLENT POST!

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

405wcf

I agree. I also wonder if the manufacturers ship to their best customers first. The trickle down to the general public will be slow indeed.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
405wcf: Just talked this morning with a gun store owner and he told me he has NOT had an ammunition shipment of ANY KIND in OVER 3 months!
Normally he gets two shipments a week!
So that may fly in the face of your "not keeping up with an increase in demand" theory?
I mean there should have been a shipment of something in the last 10 days wouldn't you think even if demand was/is high?
I have NO idea what or who is causing this latest shortage (I do guess that it is politically/fear instigated) all I do know is, IT'S BAD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Dess

405wcf

I agree. I also wonder if the manufacturers ship to their best customers first. The trickle down to the general public will be slow indeed.

The manufacturers ship to their distributors. Right now, the place that I just retired from is limited, even from our #1 distributor.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Some fu:cking 30-30 rounds $5 a piece whointhefuck woulda ever thought they’d see price gouging like this,,, hell I’m gone list some on here for $500 a box

Last edited by Hammer2506; 11/24/20.

Fück Joe byron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
Some fu:cking 30-30 rounds $5 a piece whointhefuck woulda ever thought they’d see price gouging like this,,, hell I’m gone list some on here for $500 a box

This is about half of what I have in commercial big game ammo. All full boxes.

[Linked Image]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Hawkeye, you need to shoot your guns more often. Most of those packaging styles haven't been used in many years. That's some old ammo. It's still good but it's old.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I really liked the Nitrex ammo, handy 5 rd packages. Used it for a couple deer and an elk in my 06 back before I reloaded.

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Hawkeye, you need to shoot your guns more often. Most of those packaging styles haven't been used in many years. That's some old ammo. It's still good but it's old.

I shoot plenty, just not commercial big game hunting ammo, other than (back in the day) to compare performance, which only takes a few rounds of each type (which is why I also have a bunch of partially full boxes that are not in that picture. I bought those back twenty or thirty years ago when I occasionally hunted. No point in plinking with them.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've said it quite a few times on this forum,

Get at least one 7.62x39. Even in this mess, ammo can still be found for 50 cents a pop.

https://www.luckygunner.com/rifle/7.62x39mm-ammo?dir=asc&order=cost_per_round

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No point in plinking with them.

No point in setting on them, either.....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
No point in plinking with them.

No point in setting on them, either.....

I'd like to find someone who's desperate to get them.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Maybe this Saturday I'll haul them out to the range and hold up a sign.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
7.62x39 available here for 35 - 42 cents per, but corrosive primed.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/762x39-ammo

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I really liked the Nitrex ammo, handy 5 rd packages. Used it for a couple deer and an elk in my 06 back before I reloaded.

I saved the '5 packs' and use them still, just different ammo.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Demand and manipulation of demand. They have no duty to supply us, purely financially motivated.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
What most don't realize is that wholesale prices haven't gone much at all, just some gouging on the retail level.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure demand is way up, but I don't understand how production still seems to lag so enormously. Midsouth shooters don't even allow back orders on much ammunition. What? Does this mean the manufacturers just said you will never get any ammo.

Is it possible to see ammunition production numbers and the distribution of this ammo across the country.

Is ammunition artificially minimized. A box here a box there. I'm very, very skeptical.

No shortage of ammo. You folks got to get through your rather thick skulls that you are your own worst enemies. Ask any grade school kid about supply vs. demand and how buying anything that hits the shelves or the internet can help. crazy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I was doing a look see on my supplies and found 7500 of these in a cabinet I forgot about.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
651 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.