Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Our Sheriff and Chief of Police dont listen to the governor.

I am MAGA.
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not a cop within a 100 miles of here would even contemplate breaking up a Thanksgiving dinner. A lot of 'em are dumb, but not fuqking stupid.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
This was the "corner stone" technique of the East German Communist Stasi secret police. It got so bad that people would rat on their neighbors even if they did something as innocent as painting their house and making it look better than all the others on the block. The police would interrogate the "suspects" to see if they bought black market paint or smuggled it from the West. Coming to a town near you!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
szin: You are so full ofshit your eyes are gonna turn brown!
If you had an ounce of common sense (and it is apparent you don't!) you would be thankful there are law enforcement types willing to risk their lives and save idiots like yourself from... well, YOURSELF!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Said like a cop. szihn doesn’t need you or anyone else with a badge to protect him. Neither do I. I am on good terms with my sheriff. Done work for him, he will recommend me any day to anyone who asks, and will help me with anything if I call him. And he knows I don’t need or want anything from him. Likes that about me. Good guy, unlike the cops that live their whole miserable life telling themselves we all need them.

Maybe where you are, everyone is a dweeb that needs protection, but around here, the cops are what keeps local criminals alive. No cops, no crooks. And the cops know it. Act out bad enough, cops here might not get too concerned about investigating your disappearance/death. On the other hand, someone has to serve papers, bust meth labs, and whatnot. And make sure folks don’t get whacked for stealing a chainsaw or similar. Because they would if the cops weren’t there. And then we’d have those nasty feuds like we used have around here. So cops do serve a purpose, it’s just not protecting the average joe. Joe around here can take care of himself.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
If you had an ounce of common sense (and it is apparent you don't!) you would be thankful there are law enforcement types willing to risk their lives and save idiots like yourself from... well, YOURSELF!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Said like a cop. szihn doesn’t need you or anyone else with a badge to protect him. Neither do I. I am on good terms with my sheriff. Done work for him, he will recommend me any day to anyone who asks, and will help me with anything if I call him. And he knows I don’t need or want anything from him. Likes that about me. Good guy, unlike the cops that live their whole miserable life telling themselves we all need them.

Maybe where you are, everyone is a dweeb that needs protection, but around here, the cops are what keeps local criminals alive. No cops, no crooks. And the cops know it. Act out bad enough, cops here might not get too concerned about investigating your disappearance/death. On the other hand, someone has to serve papers, bust meth labs, and whatnot. And make sure folks don’t get whacked for stealing a chainsaw or similar. Because they would if the cops weren’t there. And then we’d have those nasty feuds like we used have around here. So cops do serve a purpose, it’s just not protecting the average joe. Joe around here can take care of himself.

Yep, around here they keep thieves and dopers alive and catch cows that got out.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Yeah right, the Coppers around here would tell them to fugg off and mind their own gotdamn business! of course, in a diplomatic professional way!

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
This was the "corner stone" technique of the East German Communist Stasi secret police. It got so bad that people would rat on their neighbors even if they did something as innocent as painting their house and making it look better than all the others on the block. The police would interrogate the "suspects" to see if they bought black market paint or smuggled it from the West. Coming to a town near you!

.............. I was also thinking of the East German Stasi. I've heard some of those stories about E Germany before the wall came down. Scares the crap out of me to be hearing that sort of stuff here in the USA. I never thought that would happen here in my lifetime. I guess it's really a "Welcome To The Great Society" moment.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Never knew I was such a bad guy until I started reading about it on this forum. I am now "they". I must be slacking off at work, didn't know I was supposed to be violating rights on Thanksgiving. Used to just ride around and let the younger guys sneak off to eat with their families. Guess I have to stop doing that. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Patrick

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dodge268
Never knew I was such a bad guy until I started reading about it on this forum. I am now "they". I must be slacking off at work, didn't know I was supposed to be violating rights on Thanksgiving. Used to just ride around and let the younger guys sneak off to eat with their families. Guess I have to stop doing that. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Patrick

If your boss commands you to do it and you risk being fired or "gasp" loss of pension will you do it?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Oregon had 7 Blue counties in the 2018 election for a total of 567,707 votes out of 934,498 votes. It would appear that not just the blue counties put her into office.

And it sure as hell wasn’t my or my kids votes on the blue side of that total

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by szihn
Snitch on your neighbor.....
Would I? [bleep], yeah. They're both college professors from France and had Biden/Harris signs in their yard. They need a good ol' 911 call for breaking COVID protocol. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BtailHunter
Oregon had 7 Blue counties in the 2018 election for a total of 567,707 votes out of 934,498 votes. It would appear that not just the blue counties put her into office.

The conservative that reside in Oregon and N. Calif. are in denial and lie to themselves.... for the most part these areas went left years ago... many think they are right wing but they gauge it against far left loons.... so really they are more middle of the road , with a left lean

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by irfubar
Patrick

If your boss commands you to do it and you risk being fired or "gasp" loss of pension will you do it?

What do you think?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by skeen
Would I? [bleep], yeah. They're both college professors from France and had Biden/Harris signs in their yard. They need a good ol' 911 call for breaking COVID protocol. wink

Dayum, my lysdexia took over for a sec, thought you said “1911 call”.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I'm not a cop.
He'll, I have offended some of them here with my posts about their
attitude, or how they are so quick to use guns these days.
Or the silly games they play using roadblocks to fish for people
with outdated registrations.

That said, they do more for you than you think.
You think without the cops your super hero buddies would all
go vigilante and hunt down the bad guys.

I think that you probably work for a living. Maybe own a business.
I think you would be a great target for the unemployed scofflaws who
are free 24/7. When you are home, they may fear you. When you aren't,
it's law enforcement that they are concerned about.

Or, they would simply kill you, them do as they want with your family.

It's not the movies.

Look around the world. When law and order disappear, society falls.

As a truck driver getting inspected by DOT, i wasnt a fan.
But, driving down the road, I was glad the other trucks had to
meet DOT requirements.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by skeen

Dayum, my lysdexia took over for a sec, thought you said “1911 call”.

Hah. That too. whistle

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Patrick

Why do people get mad about pensions? The pay is not why I took the job. The idea that I could retire at 55 with a full pension and then do what I the hell I want is one of the reasons I took the job. And to answer your question, no, I understand the oath I took and I'm required to follow lawful orders. I know what that means.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Patrick

Why do people get mad about pensions? The pay is not why I took the job. The idea that I could retire at 55 with a full pension and then do what I the hell I want is one of the reasons I took the job. And to answer your question, no, I understand the oath I took and I'm required to follow lawful orders. I know what that means.

I will take you at your word... I believe police deserve the benefit of a doubt... you do a hard job and many times are placed in a no win situation.
That being said I am not naive to the fact there are many bad cops. And they will do the bidding of their political chiefs. I expect them to be going door to door in the near future enforcing unconstitutional laws. We are seeing that already. I would recommend if you are close to retirement age, pull the plug, things may get ugly.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nobody around here is going door to door. Maybe in your neck of the woods, but not around here. I certainly ain't banging on doors for any reason I wouldn't want someone banging on mine.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,479
Posts18,451,860
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.