-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My wife and I bought a house this fall. Our first!
So now that I've got a nice shed and my own space to process my animals. (The condo board at our last rental was not too pleased with seeing my spring bears on our ground floor porch)

I'd love to see pictures and descriptions of how you've all set up your game hanging stations. I want to build one and want to know what is working for all of you.

Thanks in advance!

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Don't have anything special setup. Brother has a large pole barn with a hydraulic 10000 pound car lift. Attach critter to support arm lift up to whatever height you need. Works well for whitetails. Might be a little overkill.

My advice to anyone regardless of how you set things up give yourself as much height as possible. You can always hang the critter from a longer rope or chain. I see too many people that think they just need enough height to get the animal off the ground. I want to be able to do all my cutting on a animal with it no lower than waist level. Especially when peeling the hide.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I just used some odds and ends that I had laying around to rig a hoist in my pole barn. I mounted an old boat trailer winch to the middle post in an empty bay, then ran the cable straight up to a pully attached to the double ridge boards then over to another pully at the center of the span. This is an older barn constructed with actual rafters and joists. I have not measured the max height but it's in the 12' area. I did use a longer cable than what was on the winch originally and it has a small swaged loop and thimble and I use a small shackle so I can switch from gambrel to 250lb scale to a dog collar choke chain that I slip around the back foot of furbearers for skinning.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Following

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My neighbour converted the front service area of shop, to an insulated room.

Control the temps by opening/closing the window.

Set up to hang 3 deer, with enough room to move between each.

Heavy duty rings attached to structural parts of the ceiling.

1 step ladder, 3 gambrels, 3 come alongs & 3 sleighs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Works !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Awesome insulated meat room!

And Mike7mm08 thanks for the advice on the height adjustment -- that does sound key.

I'd love to see more from other folks!

Last edited by 907brass; 11/24/20.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I just put together an insulated meat room in my shop with an AC unit and cool bot. It's a project and took a lot of work and quite a bit of materials. It's only 5x5 footprint but you could hang 4 deer in there. With the cool bot and AC unit, it holds between 36-38 degrees so great to hang and or age meat. Ive been able to use it a couple times already this season. For the game hangers, I used 1/2" galvanized pipe from double 2x6 joists in the roof. So far so good.

Get out there and mix 'em up!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hook the gambrel to the bucket of the tractor. Easy to adjust the height.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 42 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.