Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to note some pretty incredible customer service response from Smith and Wesson.

On Monday of last week I called S&W about a revolver that needs service. The guy I talked to said to watch the mail for a prepaid shipping label.

The past Sunday afternoon I remembered to tell my wife to watch the mail for a letter from S&W, Whereupon she went to the drawer and pulled out an envelope and handed it to me. The envelope contained a prepaid FedEx label and detailed instructions for shipping.
I boxed up the revolver, attached the label, and set it aside for Monday (yesterday) morning.

Yesterday I called FedEx at 9:45AM and talked to a guy who scheduled a pickup from my door. The FedEx van got here a bit after noon and I handed off my packaged revolver to the driver.
I checked tracking just now to see where the box might be, and it was delivered to S&W at 9:41AM today.

Here's to hoping that the rest of my service request is handled as well as the delivery part. I find that kind of service to be exceptional.

The package had a pretty wild ride. Starting at my door it went to Peru, Illinois. From there to Memphis, TN, to Granby, CT, to Windsor Locks, CT, and finally to Springfield MA.
And it arrived at it's destination a bit under 24 hours from when I called FedEx to pick it up.\

That rates a WOW, in my estimation...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good for you..glad it went well.
Fed Ex has within the last 6 months decided that leaving deliveries at the base of a tree with my name on a sign, at the last fork in the road is sufficient...1/4 mile short of the house. That definitely rates a WOW.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I very happy for you, I hope that it continues. As for our Fed-Ex, for the past several years .....beyond bad service. About 2 years ago, an experience similar to flintelocke. My wife’s Mother’s Day flowers left at mailbox, 1/2 mile from house.....tracking indicated they had been delivered to our home. There were emails sent, and several ass chewings issued that afternoon! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent one back via FedEx a few years back and it arrived, was fixed for no charge and returned promptly. I was impressed.

God Bless America
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wish I could say the same for TC. Called 4 weeks ago to get a rear sight. Ordered one and was told it would come with the screws to mount it. Great.
10 or so days later, sight and stuff arrives. Decided not to tape it down so called them back and asked them to send me the screws please. They said it came as a complete kit, screws included. I gave them the part number off the bag to make sure I ordered what they were talking about. Matched up for sure. Nice lady told me she'd send me another sight at which I asked, if you order the same thing and the original didn't come with screws, why would this order? Asked her if she could find me some screws, she said she'd have to go look for them and it would be easier to order the right thing and she said she'd call the warehouse in AL where it shipped from and make sure it had screws.
Friday pm I get a package and the kids put it away and didn't tell me. I open it up and am excited so I can go shoot the smokepole. Guess what's missing.
Called again today, guy is going to send me some screws. Spent about 2 minutes on hold while he went and got some from somewhere.
Hope they arrive safe and sound.
Seem silly for three packages when one should have done it. And then at a simple mistake, send me the missing parts. Now I've got two rear ML sights, one set of screws coming.
If you need a Triumph sight, let me know (screws not included)
Glad yours worked out so well, hope it comes back by next Monday!

Keep Smiling
IC B2

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JonS

Glad yours worked out so well, hope it comes back by next Monday!

I called yesterday just to ask about a timeline expectation. Seems they are busy, and it may well be 4-6 weeks before my revolver gets looked at or evaluated.

I understand busy. It's that way where I work, too...
Overtime wide open. Forced overtime is frequent.

I actually tried to get a couple of 'smiths with good reps to work on it. Wait times are in years.
I'm confident that S&W will do right with it, optimist that I am...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
From personal former experiences, I don't use FED EX for anything....

but the service from S & W... kudos to them...

I'm sure it gets First class attention....from the Fed Ex people...they don't want to lose S & W as a client...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
From personal former experiences, I don't use FED EX for anything....

but the service from S & W... kudos to them...

I'm sure it gets First class attention....from the Fed Ex people...they don't want to lose S & W as a client...

No kidding. I've bought 3 new S&W revolvers n the last 10 years. All 3 went back to the factory for different issues via FedEx

Last edited by k20350; 11/26/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 280shooter, 24 invisible), 1,825 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,176
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.