Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced today that the closing of its acquisition of substantially all of the Marlin Firearms assets occurred on Monday, November 23. The agreement to purchase these assets emanated from the Remington Outdoor Company, Inc. bankruptcy and was approved by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama on September 30, 2020. The purchase price of approximately $28.3 million was paid with available cash on hand.

Chief Executive Officer Christopher J. Killoy noted the excitement that has permeated the firearms industry in anticipation of the confluence of these two iconic firearms brands, "Since we announced the agreement to purchase Marlin in September, we have heard from countless members of the firearms community - consumers, retailers, distributors, writers, and collectors - who are delighted that legendary Marlin rifles are now part of the Ruger product family. We are excited to start moving these assets to our Ruger facilities and setting up the manufacturing cells that will produce Marlin rifles for years to come. We look forward to re-introducing Marlin rifles in the latter half of 2021."

About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. With products made in America, Ruger offers consumers almost 800 variations of more than 40 product lines. For more than 70 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®," echoes our commitment to these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.

The Company may, from time to time, make forward-looking statements and projections concerning future expectations. Such statements are based on current expectations and are subject to certain qualifying risks and uncertainties, such as market demand, sales levels of firearms, anticipated castings sales and earnings, the need for external financing for operations or capital expenditures, the results of pending litigation against the Company, the impact of future firearms control and environmental legislation, and accounting estimates, any one or more of which could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. The Company undertakes no obligation to publish revised forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date such forward-looking statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of subsequent unanticipated events.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The purchase price of approximately $28.3 million was paid with available cash on hand.
They bought a whole manufacturing company for pocket change?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Looking forward to making a Lever gun purchase in 2021.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
so now we will have Marlins that work but wont shoot for chit

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by S1pb
Looking forward to making a Lever gun purchase in 2021.

+1

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The purchase price of approximately $28.3 million was paid with available cash on hand.
They bought a whole manufacturing company for pocket change?

Indeed they did. Good move.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by blanket
so now we will have Marlins that work but wont shoot for chit

Yup, some inaccurate rifles will be showing up soon.

NRA Patron
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Or they will just make a budget level lever gun that will outshoot guns 3 times it's price

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't know why the hate for Ruger. I have a Ruger bolt action 308 that I hunt with. Stainless steel so good in all kinds of weather. I sighted it in over 25 years ago and still holds zero. It shoots a dime at 100 yards. It was made in the early '90's. I have killed several deer with it with one shot. My brother borrowed it and killed a 9 pointer and went out and bought him one just like it. I also have a Ruger 10-22, a Ruger 44 mag Super Black Hawk, and a Ruger 22 pistol. Love them all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I don't know why the hate for Ruger. I have a Ruger bolt action 308 that I hunt with. Stainless steel so good in all kinds of weather. I sighted it in over 25 years ago and still holds zero. It shoots a dime at 100 yards. It was made in the early '90's. I have killed several deer with it with one shot. My brother borrowed it and killed a 9 pointer and went out and bought him one just like it. I also have a Ruger 10-22, a Ruger 44 mag Super Black Hawk, and a Ruger 22 pistol. Love them all.

I have an all-weather Hawkeye you really don't want someone shooting at you with.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
two turds in the punch bowl.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got a gun and and go fishin.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I have an RAR 30-06. It shoots very well. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a bolt lock on the safety.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Start a thread about puppies and some will bitch about that. Geez!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I got a pop up about that, the pic was a Savage 99, not a Marlin lever gun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rifletom
Start a thread about puppies and some will bitch about that. Geez!

for sure . I have no problems with my Rugers .

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by hanco
I got a pop up about that, the pic was a Savage 99, not a Marlin lever gun.

I got the same notification. Laughed at the stupidity..."journalists" are idiots.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Only Ruger I have is a 10-22, flawless for 20 plus years. I’d like to have a Ruger bolt action, just for the hell of it.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Glad marlin will live on. Let’s hope the same for Remington it’s self

GOD Bless America
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i've had a ruger mark 2 .22 ss std pistol w/fixed sights forever. the thing is deadly, roll the window dow and pop a rabbit at 25 yards effortly. of course the ammo had a part to play also. and the trigger job.

i look forward to seeing what ruger's oversight of marlin will bring to the marketplace.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.