Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Ammo's been real hard to find here in Minnesota. I'm glad I had enough to get me through. Any time I'm in a store I check and see if I hit the lottery and they just put some out. That's about the only way you luck into it up here. I haven't resorted to ordering it in from the net. Prices are up and shipping adds to the bill. I'll be good for the forseeable future, and I hope it loosens up a bit in the meantime.

Add in online sales tax in states that are gleeful that untapped source of revenue happened for em.
Under the pretext of we did it for mom and pop shops....

That money is collected and sent to the home state of the purchaser. They don't keep that tax.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by foogle
Acquitance at hornady says raw materials such as lead and copper are imported.. those supplies dried up due to COVID effect on countries that mine these materials

Our lead is imported because we have no smelters anymore.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...oses-will-this-affect-bullet-production/

80% of lead in the US market is from reclaimed/recycled sources according the the lead trade association.

https://www.ila-lead.org/lead-facts/lead-production--statistics

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just for [bleep], went to AMMOSEEK and typed in 30.06 180gr. It yielded five results and three of them were foreignshit. Not a single Winchester, Hornady or Remington product. I mean like I wasn't looking for 318WR or anything weird.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
This thread is a good example of why I no longer have any faith in our society as a whole.

What took you so long?

What fresh Hell is this?
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can someone spot me a half a box 9mm for the revolution? I’m good for it..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by country_20boy
Then you have the hoarders (who think the 10,000 rounds in their closet isn't enough) .

For somebody who shoots 200 rounds a week, 10k wouldn't last a year.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Can someone spot me a half a box 9mm for the revolution? I’m good for it..

laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Then you have the hoarders (who think the 10,000 rounds in their closet isn't enough) .

Not talking about those guys. They are extremely rare. I'm talking about Bubba, who doesn't shoot a 30 rounds a year, but buys it just in case.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, anyone who has seen this crap happen repeatedly and takes steps long beforehand to not get caught short again is a hoarder.

Anyone who goes out to buy something he needs and has a chance to buy a little extra so he won’t have to go on the prowl for more in a month or so is selfish.

Whadya call someone who keeps letting the same predictable situation bite him in the azz over and over and over, and thinks the solution is to call sensible people names?

Whiney dumbazz comes to mind.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not talking about those guys. They are extremely rare. I'm talking about Bubba, who doesn't shoot a 30 rounds a year, but buys it just in case.....

Well, it’s easy to dream up an imaginary character to support your arguments, ain’t it?

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well, if it's not REAL, what is it then?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
From the Powder Valley blog - Some logic for the discussion.
"Normally, we would say “stock up.” But that time has passed, and I would encourage everyone to learn from this. Stock up in times of plentiful supply so that you are not affected as greatly during these times of extreme shortage."

I really do not feel sorry for anyone who is caught short, if you were one of those folks then it means that you have not been paying attention the last few decades. The last time I got caught a little short was the primer scare in the 80's, since then I have always bought whatever I needed when it was on sale or if I had shot more than normal. It was only a few months ago that I bought 22 caliber Hornady V-Max for $7.00 per box shipped, I didn't need them at the moment but it was a great investment. The same with 22 LR ammo, last spring I bought 100 packs of Winchester Super X 40 gr HP ammo for $5.99 per hundred with a $5.00 per pack rebate - Yep, 22 LR for a penny each.

Our shopping mentality in this country has become like European society - buy only what you need for now and go buy more in a couple of days. That is poor thinking no matter what the commodity, whether it is toilet paper or ammo.

For those of you who are not familiar with it take a moment to read Aesop's fable of the ant and grasshopper
https://fablesofaesop.com/the-ant-and-the-grasshopper.html

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I know where to buy ammo. You've really got to get up off your wallet to pay for it, though.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
So, anyone who has seen this crap happen repeatedly and takes steps long beforehand to not get caught short again is a hoarder.

Anyone who goes out to buy something he needs and has a chance to buy a little extra so he won’t have to go on the prowl for more in a month or so is selfish.

Whadya call someone who keeps letting the same predictable situation bite him in the azz over and over and over, and thinks the solution is to call sensible people names?

Anybody who's seen this happen before should not be contributing to the shortage now. I haven't bought any ammo at all in 2020 yet there is no shortage at my house. In fact my heirs will probably inherit several years worth of ammo along with the guns.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's real. It's hard to find, prices are inflated....yes, it's real. Producers are behind.

Since covid started back in the spring I've been home a lot more and I shot A LOT more. I shot a lot to begin with. None of it spray and pray I rarely fire over 3 shots quickly. Someone mentioned 200 rounds a week, that's not even a day if you count rimfire. I like to shoot and have a 300 yard range out my door (I have to travel to shoot longer).

Now is the time of year I shoot very little because I'm hunting....so it's not as big of a deal to cut back, I do it naturally now. It's just to verify and dry a bore after hunting in the rain....but Spring is around the corner.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Well, it’s easy to dream up an imaginary character to support your arguments, ain’t it?

How many shortages have we experienced the past 30 years and still the unprepared blame others?

A year ago ammo was cheap and plentiful and everyone knew an election was coming up and that Dems would create a fake crisis

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari

My sympathy lies with the new shooters who want to get into the sport but can't find guns or ammo. We knew better than to get caught with our pants down. The new shooters didn't, and hoarding has many potential new allies in our sport frustrated to the point of moving on.

We are seeing this in our local USPSA club matches. In the past year (even before COVID and the elections), we've had a lot of new shooters getting involved in the sport. Just when they have gotten really excited about it and having fun, now they are having a hard time participating because of the lack of ammo and the cost even if they find some.

We typically shoot 250-300 rds in a match and have 2 matches a month. For someone who isn't reloading yet (or just got started and can't get the supplies anymore), that is hard to do in this environment. So, I feel for those guys. For the ones who show up all the time, really help out with setup/tear down of stages etc, us old timers (in terms of doing this for a while, not necessarily age) have been rounding up resources to help them out and keep them going as much as possible.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hit a couple places last night just to see how bad it was locally. The shelves were more bare than the worst of the obama years.
Thankfully I’ve got enough to last the rest of my life if need be, but I could still use a little more. I did find one box of 12 gauge 00 buck, so I picked that up because it’s something previously I didn’t think I needed much of.
Handgun ammo gone except a few obscure calibers on the shelf. Rifle ammo really picked over unless you needed 7/08 or 32 special. Even the shotgun ammo shelves were the lowest inventory I’ve ever seen. Not a primer in sight except for a couple hundred 209’s.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Anybody who's seen this happen before should not be contributing to the shortage now. I haven't bought any ammo at all in 2020 yet there is no shortage at my house. In fact my heirs will probably inherit several years worth of ammo along with the guns.

Not buying anything just to have it. Will continue to buy stuff I use when I can find it and stuff I want to try, i.e. new powders and bullets. With few exceptions, shotshells, 9mm, and RF, I load everything I shoot.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
This thread is a good example of why I no longer have any faith in our society as a whole.

What took you so long?

Faith.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,160
Posts18,465,139
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.