Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm thinking about buying one if I can get one, but I don't really think I need 30 rounds to deer hunt with.

Originally Posted by GeoW

Are you a man or a mouse?

The 2nd rat gets the cheese some say.

AR ownership has nothing to do with nor about deer hunting.
Period.

I hope that's not firearm snobbery - leads to division.

I used to use my M14 for all manner of Aussie game - the prudes used to say you don't need a 20rnd semi-auto to do that. I developed an in-built ignore function.

It’s hardly snobbery but is directly meant toward Americans owning legally what they want and for whatever reason they want as guaranteed by the 2A of our Constitution.

Repeat:
It ain’t about deer hunting.

Fair enough, sounded like you were alluding to AR being inappropriate for deer hunting (which may be the case in regards to cartridge/projectile) and only being suitable for purposes of the 2nd. In Aussie and NZ there was dissent in the ranks with some saying semi-autos had no place hunting, you know - you only need one shot etc, a single shot is all you need. It was internal "white anting" that worked against us.

Sadly, Mauser, it appears that we’re on the same path.

Good on ya, Man.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I know what the 2A means, I just happen to use some of my AR's for hunting.

Liberals use that argument all the time about those nasty rifles and not needed for hunting. They made it about hunting. I'm not calling you a liberal toot, just saying they bring it up.

It’s fair to say that everyone here is all too well aware of what “they” think and say about black rifles.

I don’t care if you use your ARs for f’kn crutches with the stock extended. It’s your right to legally own it and “Use as you see to fit the need”

Deer hunting with it? Great.

But the right to own it legally ain’t about deer hunting.

Your right under the 2A, it doesn't talk deer hunting. I'm just saying liberals use hunting as a reason where they aren't needed, appealing to the uninformed....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm thinking about buying one if I can get one, but I don't really think I need 30 rounds to deer hunt with.

Originally Posted by GeoW

Are you a man or a mouse?

The 2nd rat gets the cheese some say.

AR ownership has nothing to do with nor about deer hunting.
Period.

I hope that's not firearm snobbery - leads to division.

I used to use my M14 for all manner of Aussie game - the prudes used to say you don't need a 20rnd semi-auto to do that. I developed an in-built ignore function.

It’s hardly snobbery but is directly meant toward Americans owning legally what they want and for whatever reason they want as guaranteed by the 2A of our Constitution.

Repeat:
It ain’t about deer hunting.

Fair enough, sounded like you were alluding to AR being inappropriate for deer hunting (which may be the case in regards to cartridge/projectile) and only being suitable for purposes of the 2nd. In Aussie and NZ there was dissent in the ranks with some saying semi-autos had no place hunting, you know - you only need one shot etc, a single shot is all you need. It was internal "white anting" that worked against us.

I'm sure just like down there, people who don't use em for hunting or even own one, didn't care one bit. Hell, they don't own one so who cares....

Until it doesn't stop there.

Sometimes I swear that gun owners are the most divided group there is. Most don't think big picture, just themselves.

Joel there are several guys in our hunting group that hunt exclusively with ARs. Collapsible stock, up and down ladder stands, good optics makes one mighty handy for the wiley whitetails and the occasional group of hogs that you can literally hammer the piss out of.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Liberals use that argument all the time about those nasty rifles and not needed for hunting. They made it about hunting. I'm not calling you a liberal toot, just saying they bring it up.

It’s fair to say that everyone here is all too well aware of what “they” think and say about black rifles.

I don’t care if you use your ARs for f’kn crutches with the stock extended. It’s your right to legally own it and “Use as you see to fit the need”

Your right under the 2A, it doesn't talk deer hunting. I'm just saying liberals use hunting as a reason where they aren't needed, appealing to the uninformed....

Yessir. Truth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Deer Hunting Arms are covered under the 2nd Amendment.

Fact and Heller/Caetano decisions clearly show arms used for hunting are covered under the 2nd As right to keep and bear arms, even arms for hunting.

Please stop throwing hunting arms off the sleigh.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Deer Hunting Arms are covered under the 2nd Amendment.

Fact and Heller/Caetano decisions clearly show arms used for hunting are covered under the 2nd As right to keep and bear arms, even arms for hunting.

Please stop throwing hunting arms off the sleigh.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Sheer f’kn poetry in this post.

NO. ONE is throwing hunting arms off of the sleigh.

I doubt that you understand what’s being said and has been said here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
What happened?
Has some law been passed by the House, Senate and signed into law by the POTUS ?
They'll do all they can to rule by EO and avoid congress altogether.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If some of you were fish, you wouldn't last 15 seconds in the water, because you bite at the first thing you see.......lol.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If some of you were fish, you wouldn't last 15 seconds in the water, because you bite at the first thing you see.......lol.

Heh !

And some don’t know how to fish so they just throw out chum.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You seem to think "deer hunting" arms do not fall under the purview of the 2nd Amendment.

I am simply pointing out the folly of that view.

Keeping and Bearing arms is protected and codified by the 2nd A and includes keeping and bearing deer hunting arms.

I never understood why the FUDDs wanted to throw Black Rifles to the wolves and I don't understand why a few chuckleheads want to throw deer hunting arms to the wolves.

Those who say the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting arms are wrong and SCOTUS precedence proves them wrong.

Just Sayin.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually John, both are right. The 2A doesn't specifically state hunting, but...anybody with half a brain knows back then civilians used their hunting rifles in war. They grabbed what they had and kicked ass.

Unfortunately the dumb asses in this world dont see that, or even understand that concept. Liberals use that to their advantage.

Love the pic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually John, both are right. The 2A doesn't specifically state hunting, but...anybody with half a brain knows back then civilians used their hunting rifles in war. They grabbed what they had and kicked ass.

Unfortunately the dumb asses in this world dont see that, or even understand that concept. Liberals use that to their advantage.

Love the pic.

I just get a bit tired of those that say keeping and bearing arms for hunting is not protected under the 2nd Amendment.

It's not just hunting arms and keeping/ bearing arms for shooting tyrants in the face are also covered along with arms for shooting sporting clays.

Keeping and Bearing Arms.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Heh !

And some are just as clueless as Dory.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You seem to think "deer hunting" arms do not fall under the purview of the 2nd Amendment.

I am simply pointing out the folly of that view.

Keeping and Bearing arms is protected and codified by the 2nd A and includes keeping and bearing deer hunting arms.

I never understood why the FUDDs wanted to throw Black Rifles to the wolves and I don't understand why a few chuckleheads want to throw deer hunting arms to the wolves.

Those who say the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting arms are wrong and SCOTUS precedence proves them wrong.

Just Sayin.

Jeez.

Sure, John.

Btw very nice pic.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The more they come after our stuff, my method of storage becomes more secure. Not like burying guns, where someone might happen to stumble on to it, but more like close to hand, where I can use it at a moment’s notice. When you make me think you might come to get what I have, that gun that was usually in a safe, unloaded, moves to my bedside, loaded, with a stack of mags handy, probably in pouches on a vest with hard plates. Nobody is going to take my guns unless they bring enough fight to be able to pick the smoking gun out of my dead hands.

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 11/25/20.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well....here is what now

Old Coot is gonna change his depends and mask then crawl into the sack

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Love the pic.

I just get a bit tired of those that say keeping and bearing arms for hunting is not protected under the 2nd Amendment.

It's not just hunting arms and keeping/ bearing arms for shooting tyrants in the face are also covered along with arms for shooting sporting clays.

Keeping and Bearing Arms.

I hear you John, im frustrated also. If the country actually understood the 2A it would be a non issue. Unfortunately this country is to stupid to understand the life back in the late 1700's

Everyone says they lost them in a boating accident, etc. I didn't and still have them. I'm sticking to my guns on that...no pun intended

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jnyork
Do people start dumping their AR's on the market or do they start buying up every one they can find? Or do you go rent a backhoe?

I hope the weak hands dump all their ammo on Armslist and I'll buy it up.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Well....here is what now

Old Coot is gonna change his depends and mask then crawl into the sack

Good night, Flave.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by skeen

Heh !

And some are just as clueless as Dory.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After Katrina hit New Orleans, and with “Finding Nemo” being such a hit, Pixar came out with another movie.

“Finding Ne g r o”

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.